N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#8051)
Old

Car: 135i, 944T, M3, MRoad, Miata
Default 12-05-2013, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by supermac
the latest meth settings don't seem to be in the latest interface... it still has the FU settings but not the meth safety or meth flow???

Do we still put the settings in FUB and FUE??

"As of ISO 27.8:

Meth Safety (was FUB):

0 - Raise boost as a function of meth flow & historic timing (default)
1 - Raise boost as a function of meth flow only
2 - Start at high boost target and reduce IF flow drops below flow level for 1 second under boost.
3 - Start at high boost target and disable all safety systems. Meth flow is completely ignored.

Meth Flow (was FUE):

0 - Meth flows on maps 3, 6, and 7 (default operation)
1 - Meth flows on all maps
2 - Meth flows on map 3 only
3 - Meth is disabled on all maps"
I was curious about that as well. Do we continue using FUB and FUE?

Current Euros:
'08 135i AW/CR -- FBO, E35, WW Meth 40/60 M/W
'95 M3 Blk/Blk -- Cosmos V2 intake, Borla exhaust, 3.5in MAF, 24# Inj., LTW FW, Turner chip, Euro Brakes, Koni S/A's, H&R Sport springs
'88 944 Turbo S SRose/Tan -- Too many mods - 401rwhp/429ftlb
'99 M Roadster AW/Blk -- Stock
Past Euros:
'87 944S GR/Blk -- Exhaust, Intake, throttle cam, coil-overs
(#8052)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-05-2013, 09:38 PM

I'll update the interface link soon. But FUB and FUE are the names for those parameters in the currently posted interface.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#8053)
Old
metanol pawa!!

Car: 335i
Default 12-06-2013, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
I'll update the interface link soon. But FUB and FUE are the names for those parameters in the currently posted interface.
if you do, please put the date to know it's renewed

Time is the best teacher

Too bad it kills all its pupils ....
(#8054)
Old

Car: 2007 335i
Default 12-08-2013, 09:27 AM

Hi All

I am new to the JB4. I have just updated to 27.10, do I have to do some hard pulls in 3rd for the JB4 to learn again?
(#8055)
Old

Car: 2007 335i
Default 12-08-2013, 09:43 AM

Hi Terry

I have the jb4 g5, intake, ********* and ***** exhaust. Running map 2, car feels awesome. My mate wants to do the jb4 on his stock 335i with *********, so we had a race just to he could see the difference. But, i could only pull a car length on him and he held it to 250 kmh. He is manual, me auto. He doesn't know of any chip or reprogramming on his car. How can one tell if it has been chipped? Was a let down because i was expecting to clean him up.

Cheers
Craig
(#8056)
Old
Legend

Car: 2008 535i Sport
Send a message via Yahoo to Ocean
Default 12-08-2013, 09:52 AM

Not unless you set it to reset when you did the update.

Sleeper 5 series
Performance: Pro tuned MHD, xHP Stage 3 TCU flash, DCI, AR kittens, ER FMIC & CP, Fuel-It Stage 2 LPFP w ported rail, RB turbos, RB inlets, KW V2, Mfactory LSD
Audio: Jehnert Flatline speakers, Mobridge M1000 DA2 digital preamp, Helix P-DSP, Zapco Z-150.6 amp, CIC iDrive upgrade
(#8057)
Old
Tuner

Car: 2009 335i AT
Cool 12-08-2013, 11:27 AM

Tee in a boost gauge to the DV manifold line and monitor boost.
Anything much over 8psi is a tune.

Have you done any logs on your car to see if all is well?

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#8058)
Old
Tuner

Cool 12-08-2013, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Ferd
I'm sure you get it a lot. But i messed with 10-12 and would appreciate your advice on default settings. I've searched for a default sheet and see that 10 wastegate is 4000rpm or 80 default but I can't seem to find a reputable post showing your other default settings. Thanks a lot terry. Just don't wanna do any damage to my car by having them in wrong. And am I correct about 13 and 14 ?
A good setting for menu 12 is about 2.5 to 2.8.

Burger Motorsports

(#8059)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-08-2013, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ccball
Hi Terry

I have the jb4 g5, intake, ********* and ***** exhaust. Running map 2, car feels awesome. My mate wants to do the jb4 on his stock 335i with *********, so we had a race just to he could see the difference. But, i could only pull a car length on him and he held it to 250 kmh. He is manual, me auto. He doesn't know of any chip or reprogramming on his car. How can one tell if it has been chipped? Was a let down because i was expecting to clean him up.

Cheers
Craig
Just put a JB4 on his car and log it.

Burger Motorsports

(#8060)
Old

Default 12-10-2013, 07:35 AM

Im lost....
Do i just download (G5_ISO_27_10.hex) and update? why are there so many other hex files...?
how come my firmware keeps failing when i try update G5_ISO_27_10.hex ? but doesnt fail for G5_ISO_27_5.hex .....

thanks!and
sorry for noob questions in advance.!
(#8061)
Old

Car: 2013 335is DCT
Default 12-10-2013, 10:38 AM

define fail... what error do you get?

Try re downloading the 27.10 hex... maybe yours got corrupted.

2013 335is DCT -- Quaife | JRZ RS1 - 450/800# | M3 + Hardrace arms | e93 M3 + Hotchkis f/r sways | BMS CP + OCC | ETS 5" IC | AFE **'s + DCI | RB PCV + Thermo Delete | Setrab + Improved Racing oil cooling | Stoptech f+r BBK | Cobb BQ Tune

(#8062)
Old

Car: e92 335i
Default 12-13-2013, 12:07 AM

When is a new version coming out? Or a update?
(#8063)
Old

Car: 135i
Default 12-13-2013, 02:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by e92snail
27.10 is the new update

fuel injection is cool, but i'd rather be blown!
537.75HP 540.63TQ
(#8064)
Old

Car: E90 335xi
Default 12-13-2013, 05:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by e92snail
21.10 is the latest version (Dec 1st, 2013). Wanna have a newer version?

2008 Jet Black 335xi E90 6AT | Alpina B3 TCU Flash | BMS Backend 7/1 Pump Flash | JB4 G5 ISO 31.5 | BMS DCI | BMS CP | VRSF 5" FMIC | BMW Performance Exhaust | VMR V718 / Kumho | Best 1/4 mile: 12.37@110.4 MPH | Top speed: 0-270 km/h | YouTube
(#8065)
Old
metanol pawa!!

Default 12-13-2013, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1nc86
21.10 is the latest version (Dec 1st, 2013). Wanna have a newer version?
I yeah, I'm hoping to fix this bug and upload the version for testings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Hey guys,

Looking at logs I've noticed a small "bug" in FUB = 2 & 3 meth settings.

Rather than sliding between the high and the low curve these settings are adding the boost additive to the low curve. So the net result is not quite the profile I have drawn in the first post. I'll correct this in 27.11.
but he is busy with n55 guys

Time is the best teacher

Too bad it kills all its pupils ....
(#8066)
Old

Default Getting back in the game - 12-15-2013, 08:15 AM

Sorry for just jumping in with random questions. I just got an 07 335i with 100k miles on it. I have the jb4 from a previous 335 I owned. What components are likely to give in this engine considering the miles. It sounds to me like injectors coils and plugs are prone to give. The Hpfp is just changed under extended warranty. Another thing. When I was playing with the JB4's a couple of years ago there was no such thing as E85 tuning. How much gain can I expect on 30% E85 with map 5 vs. 93 octane map 5. Does the JB4 use the knock sensors to adjust boost and timing when using this map? How much time does the JB4 use to adjust this parameters after adding the better gas?
Lots of questions, but any input on this would be great. Thanks!
(#8067)
Old
Tuner

Cool 12-15-2013, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kboretti
Sorry for just jumping in with random questions. I just got an 07 335i with 100k miles on it. I have the jb4 from a previous 335 I owned. What components are likely to give in this engine considering the miles. It sounds to me like injectors coils and plugs are prone to give. The Hpfp is just changed under extended warranty. Another thing. When I was playing with the JB4's a couple of years ago there was no such thing as E85 tuning. How much gain can I expect on 30% E85 with map 5 vs. 93 octane map 5. Does the JB4 use the knock sensors to adjust boost and timing when using this map? How much time does the JB4 use to adjust this parameters after adding the better gas?
Lots of questions, but any input on this would be great. Thanks!
Read this. It should answer most of your questions.

http://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21269

Burger Motorsports

(#8068)
Old

Default 12-15-2013, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell @ BMS
Read this. It should answer most of your questions.

http://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21269
Thanks, that answers most my questions :-)
(#8069)
Old

Car: 135
Default 12-15-2013, 07:20 PM

definitely not liking 27.10 car feels sluggish and doesn't pull very hard at all like 27.8.
Any word on 27.11?
(#8070)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-15-2013, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grip&Go
definitely not liking 27.10 car feels sluggish and doesn't pull very hard at all like 27.8.
Any word on 27.11?
The only performance changes to 27.10 were made in map 3. If you're using map 3 and have an issue feel free to email a log in. For any other map, you'll have to troubleshoot further to see what is going on with your specific car. You can always post a log in the support section if you want professional advice.

Previous firmwares are also available in the support section so feel free to run whatever works best for you.

Burger Motorsports

(#8071)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-15-2013, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grip&Go
Any word on 27.11?
The only performance changes to 27.10 were made in map 3 when using the FUB = 2 & 3 options. If you're using map 3 and have an issue feel free to email a log in. For any other map, you'll have to troubleshoot further to see what is going on with your specific car. You can always post a log in the support section if you want professional advice.

Burger Motorsports

(#8072)
Old

Default 12-15-2013, 07:31 PM

cool cool
yup only been running map 3
Posted a log with 27.8 all was well I'll post also with 27.10
THANKS
(#8073)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-15-2013, 07:36 PM

Versions previous to 27.10 were running more boost than they should of been under map 3 FUB 2&3. So you may just need to raise your additive, etc, to match the boost targets if that is your goal.

Burger Motorsports

(#8074)
Old

Default 12-15-2013, 07:47 PM

I'm using 2 on FUB and hitting 17.5 to 18 psi instantly on 27.10 meth addy is set to 55.
(#8075)
Old

Car: 335xi Sport
Default 12-16-2013, 01:09 PM

Duh, trying to download the latest Interface zip file and getting invalid errors when opening zip file....is it me or my zip software?

2013 335i M-Sport - 6MT - Not too many mods.....Yet !