N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#7326)
Old

Car: BMW 135i
Default 08-29-2013, 11:26 AM

Fixed the connectors, car pulls like a freight train. I want to give a thank you to Terry@burgertuning, Peter Cygan, and the good lord baby Jesus for this life changing experience.
(#7327)
Old

Car: 135i
Default 08-30-2013, 06:40 AM

Any news on the ISO26 update yet?

fuel injection is cool, but i'd rather be blown!
537.75HP 540.63TQ
(#7328)
Old

Car: 135
Default Bump - 08-30-2013, 06:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmsportzn135i
bump
(#7329)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-30-2013, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmsportzn135i
No public update yet. Still kicking around things. If a car has loud rattle during deceleration only they are welcome to test it. Just email me. For the rest of you just sit tight until its done.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#7330)
Old

Car: 2013 335is DCT
Default 08-30-2013, 08:38 AM

What else are you tweaking Terry? Just curious (running 26 quite happily).

2013 335is DCT -- Quaife | JRZ RS1 - 450/800# | M3 + Hardrace arms | e93 M3 + Hotchkis f/r sways | BMS CP + OCC | ETS 5" IC | AFE **'s + DCI | RB PCV + Thermo Delete | Setrab + Improved Racing oil cooling | Stoptech f+r BBK | Cobb BQ Tune

(#7331)
Old

Car: 335i e92
Default 08-30-2013, 09:03 AM

ah, so i'm not the only one who had iso25 induce decel rattle?

i figured it was my turbos finally saying "nope"
(#7332)
Old

Car: 2007 335i
Default 08-30-2013, 12:12 PM

Recently converted from integrated to ISO 25. Very happy with ISO 25, JB4 software functions such as steering wheel controls and gauge hijacking. Having some wastegate rattle on decel but not much. Cant wait for ISO 26
(#7333)
Old

Car: Z4 35iS
Default 08-31-2013, 01:06 AM

Hi Terry, I have a JB4 from my Z4 which I have removed. I recently picked up a 2013 535i. Can I still use this unit on the new car? If not, can I do something to upgrade to make it work? I also want to upgrade to G5 if possible. Please e-mail me at fufuinc@msn.com I dont think I have enough post count for PM yet

Thanks,
Hoa
(#7334)
Old

Car: 2009 BMW 335i E90
Default 08-31-2013, 01:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoa
Hi Terry, I have a JB4 from my Z4 which I have removed. I recently picked up a 2013 535i. Can I still use this unit on the new car? If not, can I do something to upgrade to make it work? I also want to upgrade to G5 if possible. Please e-mail me at fufuinc@msn.com I dont think I have enough post count for PM yet

Thanks,
Hoa
They both n55's?

2009 BMW e90 335i 6AT, Sport Package, Cold Weather Package, Premium Package, Logic 7, Space Gray Metallic, Dakota Gray Leather

BMS DCI, BMS JB4 G5 ISO, BMS OCC, BMS CP
(#7335)
Old

Car: Z4 35iS
Default 08-31-2013, 01:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerNFS
They both n55's?
they have different engine. Z4 is N54 and 535i is N55
(#7336)
Old

Default 08-31-2013, 01:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAY
I have a quick question that yields a quick answer. Does the JB4 G4 board have the ability to do gauge sweep?
Yes Speed 5 and tach 7!

2009 BMW e90 335i 6AT, Sport Package, Cold Weather Package, Premium Package, Logic 7, Space Gray Metallic, Dakota Gray Leather

(#7337)
Old

Car: BMW 335 xdrive 2009
Default Needs firmware upgrade? - 08-31-2013, 06:27 AM

Hi,

I want to know if I need to update my firmware and if so, what firmware should I apply? Should we put the ISO G5, G5 w ISO / BMS Flash, etc? For ISO w / BMS, is there a special thing to do? I bought my JB4 in early May.
For details, I attached two images.

thank you
Attached Images

(#7338)
Old
Tuner

Car: 2009 335i AT
Cool 08-31-2013, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sylvertech
Hi,

I want to know if I need to update my firmware and if so, what firmware should I apply? Should we put the ISO G5, G5 w ISO / BMS Flash, etc? For ISO w / BMS, is there a special thing to do? I bought my JB4 in early May.
For details, I attached two images.

thank you
Did you cut the diodes?

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#7339)
Old

Car: BMW 335 xdrive 2009
Default 08-31-2013, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by az335iat
Did you cut the diodes?
This is an original JB4 that I never opened. In this case, my firmware is latest version? If not, what version should be installed?
If I cut the diodes, it brings something more?

Thank's
(#7340)
Old
Bravest N54 Owner Award

Car: BMW 335xi
Default 08-31-2013, 06:19 PM

Quote:
This is an original JB4 that I never opened. In this case, my firmware is latest version? If not, what version should be installed?

Thank's
If you bought it then I'd wager it isn't an ISO unit. Open up the JB4 with a credit card or another prying tool and cut the diodes as shown in the topic post. Then install the firmware attached to this topic. ISO units also should say "ISO" on the side in black marker.

2007 E90 335xi 6AT Premium Pkg | JB4 G5 ISO | Cheap custom exhaust: OBX ********* ***, Secondary *** Delete w/ Magnaflow Xpipe | WedgePerformance Backend Flash ("PUMP") | DCI | BMS Cowl Filters | Alpina TCU Software | M3 flappy paddles retrofit | NGK "one step colder" Soon: custom oil cooler retrofit, VRSF 7" FMIC
(#7341)
Old

Default 08-31-2013, 08:19 PM

Has anyone had a problem of the car going back to map 0 without changing it? Twice my JB4 has gone back to Map 0

(#7342)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-31-2013, 10:30 PM

Quote:

Thank's
Any firmware newer than 10/1/2012 indicates it's a G5 ISO board.

Burger Motorsports

(#7343)
Old

Car: 2007 335i
Default ISO 26 Feedback - 09-02-2013, 02:17 PM

I was able to try a beta version of ISO 26 for the last few days. My primary focus was to reduce waste-gate rattle, which it has. I tried the following:
Revving engine at idle – This always produced rattle but a bit less with Default Waste-gate Position (DWP) settings lower as described on this thread. This was the least effective way to test/adjust for rattle.

Starting car cold and adjusting DWP at idle to eliminate rattle. This worked the best for me. DWP is currently set for 30 on the gauges (60 actual). This adjustment depends on your specific car: http://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18041

Base Duty Cycle adjustment. Didn’t really know what I was doing here but the ISO 22 notes state: “1) Added menu 12 in dash which allows adjustment of the low part throttle waste-gate position. Together with the default waste-gate position adjustment in menu 10 this allows full adjustment of waste-gates during tip in and partial throttle mapping. The default setting in ISO21 is 32 while previous versions had a default of 26. Values of 25 to 38 are accepted. In addition to low throttle response this setting also impacts waste-gate rattle during low throttle acceleration. Some cars rattle less with a higher setting and others rattle less with a lower setting. So feel free to play around. Going too high on either menu 10 and/or menu 12 will result in uneven low throttle acceleration, oscillation, and other headaches. If you want to smooth the throttle response out reduce both values as much as possible. If you want to put it on edge raise them as much as possible.” Mine is set to 27 on the gauges.

Actual driving is where things got quiet, especially after a few minutes of warmup. Barely hear any waste-gate rattle at all, I have to try to hear it. Overall very satisfied with JB4 G5 ISO 26.
(#7344)
Old

Car: 09 335xi
Default 09-02-2013, 02:51 PM

I agree, Beta 26 is working for me. No oscillation and no shift issues. Note that I run 50 DWP and 32 on 12. Any more then 32 on 12 and the car gets a little jumpy.

09 335XI /Cobb ATR TUNED 18.5 psi/DCI/2ND ***** '''''''/E20/Alpina/VRSF 7inch/VRSF Chargepipe with Tial BOV***
(#7345)
Old

Car: 09 335i xDrive 6spd
Default 09-02-2013, 06:32 PM

Beta 26 isn't working great for me but that might be because I haven't played with any of the menu's. I'm getting more rattle than 25 especially driving. Everytime I shift with moderate throttle no matter where in the RPM range I will hear some clicks

< Click picture for photoshoot
E90 335i xDrive 6spd, Nav, Prem, Cold Weather, & Sports package - Msport Conversion
Mods: JB4 + MHD, Doc Race ST, Pure 6266, AD-Eng PI/Mounts, Fuel-It st. 3, Custom Exhaust, Tuned by TwistedTuning
More Pictures: Build Thread /// Dyno Soon to Come
(#7346)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-02-2013, 07:01 PM

I've sent most of you different files to obtain unique feedback so if you try to compare notes on the forum you will probably just confuse yourself. Be sure to EMAIL any feedback in.

Burger Motorsports

(#7347)
Old

Car: 2009 135i
Default 09-03-2013, 06:04 AM

I've been on ISO-26 on Map-5 for over a week now and I noticed that on my 220 mile drive the Map decided to reset to 0 out of nowhere. I was cruising at 77-80MPH most of the way and 2/3 into the drive I noticed that my MPG gauge swung back over to the normal location and checked the map and sure enough it was set to 0. I reset it back to 5 and it seemed to stay that way the entire rest of the way.

Any idea what would cause this to happen? I wasn't on the gas, just keeping a steady pace.
(#7348)
Old
Tuner

Car: 2009 335i AT
Cool 09-03-2013, 06:13 AM

Did you get a code?

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, and S63s!

(#7349)
Old

Car: 2009 135i
Default 09-03-2013, 06:14 AM

No code, it just stealth switched with nothing out of the ordinary happening.
(#7350)
Old

Car: 335i
Default 09-03-2013, 06:26 AM

Whoa! Same exact thing happened to me on 26! I had my laptop hooked up and thought it was because I was on a bumby road and the connection shorted. But yeah I looked down and saw my fuel gauge go back to showing fuel.

Quickly switched back to 3, did some adaption runs and car was running even better.

2007 BMW e92 335i Sport Package - JB4-G5-ISO - BMS Down ***** - BMS dci - BMS Trunk Meth kit - Cpe Charge Pipe w/ Tial BOV - BMS Cowl Filters - Walbro 450 LPFP - VRSPEED Intercooler - Turbo Back Exhaust - - Billet Wheel RB's w/ Clipped Turbine - 3.5 Bar Sensor - Wavetrac LSD - MHD BMS E85 Flash