N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#4176)
Old
335is 7DCT/JB4

Car: BMW 335IS 7DCT/JB4
Default 03-31-2012, 01:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
With 95 octane map 6 should not be an issue. On 91 definitely map 2. On good 93 octane it could go either way. We're looking for more 1M and 335is logs with the new settings so feel free to send the CSV files in and we'll use those as part of the dataset for future software changes.
Sounds like a plan & an extra $10 of 100 octane.

Kevin

2018 440 MPPSK/MPE
2014 435 MPPK/THP
2013 135is 6MT/JB4/ISO
2011 335is 7DCT/JB4/ISO/BMS Flash(sold)
FF Cobra Mk-IV COYOTE BOSS + TKO-600
(#4177)
Old
Photog

Car: 335 Coupe 6MT
Default 03-31-2012, 08:37 AM

Wow Terry, this 3/7 firmware is buttery smooth, well done!

2007 E92 335i / 6MT / Monaco Blue Metallic / Gray Dakota Leather / Comfort Assist / Premium / Sport / Heated Seats / Navi / Active Steering / Active Cruise Control / Park Distance Control / Rear Sunshade / Sirius MODS PicoTray / M3 Steering Wheel / Front OEM Aero Lip / Bimmian Aluminum Pedals / CDV / Ram Air Scoops / Painted Reflectors / HID 5000k / LED Angels / M Perf. Shifter / Euro Light Switch / 8500 x50 Hardwired / Center Armrest Pouch / JB4/ BT
(#4178)
Old

Default 04-02-2012, 04:53 AM

is there any info on what AFR values do exactly and how to change them in case of issues or more need for speed?
(#4179)
Old

Car: 335i 2007
Default 04-02-2012, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Yes, it's in the first post under 3/7 firmware changes.

I changed the MethFlowScaling to 60 and now the oil gauge is showing higher than 100% when the meth is On! Before the 3/7 firmware update it used to show a little less than 50%. Is that ok to show over the 100%?
(#4180)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-02-2012, 09:42 PM

Yep!

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#4181)
Old

Car: 335i 2007
Default 04-03-2012, 04:59 AM

Thanks Terry!
I wanted to make sure
(#4182)
Old

Car: 1M
Default 04-03-2012, 08:23 PM

Wait till I get my package from you Mr T, you will have Plenty logs coming your way!
(#4183)
Old
Legend

Car: 2008 535i Sport
Send a message via Yahoo to Ocean
Default 04-03-2012, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed_Z
Wait till I get my package from you Mr T, you will have Plenty logs coming your way!
That's hardly a threat. He is like a kid awaiting Santa on Christmas eve. Every mail I ever have with the guy he is asking for logs.
Terry, how much for ***. "Send me your logs!"
Terry, my engine caught fire and JB4 stopped working. "Send me logs."
I tell ya he is obsessed with them.

Sleeper 5 series
Performance: Pro tuned MHD, xHP Stage 3 TCU flash, DCI, AR kittens, ER FMIC & CP, Fuel-It Stage 2 LPFP w ported rail, RB turbos, RB inlets, KW V2, Mfactory LSD
Audio: Jehnert Flatline speakers, Mobridge M1000 DA2 digital preamp, Helix P-DSP, Zapco Z-150.6 amp, CIC iDrive upgrade
(#4184)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-03-2012, 09:13 PM

A log is definitely worth more than 1000 words.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#4185)
Old

Car: '07 335i
Default 04-03-2012, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocean
That's hardly a threat. He is like a kid awaiting Santa on Christmas eve. Every mail I ever have with the guy he is asking for logs.
Terry, how much for ***. "Send me your logs!"
Terry, my engine caught fire and JB4 stopped working. "Send me logs."
I tell ya he is obsessed with them.
lmao

'07 E90 MT Sports Package l FBO l RB Next Gen Plus l JB4 G5 with DPT E85 BEF l N20 MAP Sensor l MMP Inlets l RB Outlets l Custom Exhaust l NLS & 2-Step l MFactory 3.46 LSD l 335is Clutch with MFactory SMFW l Walbro 450 l Direct Port Meth Injection

Best 1/4 ET: 11.4
Best 1.4 Trap: 127.7
(#4186)
Old

Car: 1M
Default 04-04-2012, 06:59 AM

You guys really make me laugh!
(#4187)
Old
Power slide freak

Car: 09 E82 MT6 JB4 ST3
Default 04-05-2012, 07:30 PM

Hi guys if I run map 6 with 103 octane VP race fuel is it ok, I got ******** with full exhaust M performance, dual AFE cold air intake stage 2, light crank pulley, blow off valve and intercooler active autowerks, mod clutch valve, BMS oil catch can and Lsd Wavetrac. firmware 2/7 ????
What do you guys think.........safe or not at all
P.S I run daily map 2 and 5

If you are not going JUICE BOX then you are going SLOW
[N54 with RB`S, E82 MT, DCI aFe,CHARGEPIPE,SINGLE BOV&FMIC ACTIVE AUTOWERKES, NST CRANK PULLEY, 3' BMS **, M PERFORMANCE EXHAUST, BMS MCV, BMS OCC, BMS 2STEP, JB4 G5 ISO board BMS Flash at 20.5psi]
(#4188)
Old

Car: BMW 335i E92
Default 04-05-2012, 11:32 PM

Guess it depends on your map6 (since it is user adjustable)

I have been reading alot of negative about running a light weight pulley on the n54 though, maybe read some about it and make sure you're not getting in trouble...
(#4189)
Old
Power slide freak

Car: 09 E82 MT6 JB4 ST3
Wink 04-06-2012, 03:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbox_fan
Guess it depends on your map6 (since it is user adjustable)

I have been reading alot of negative about running a light weight pulley on the n54 though, maybe read some about it and make sure you're not getting in trouble...
For map 6 I will use setup from this tread here on page one.
I ve been running this light crank pulley for at least 20 000km now and nothing happen yet and its the dealership who installed it, but thanks ill look into it

If you are not going JUICE BOX then you are going SLOW
[N54 with RB`S, E82 MT, DCI aFe,CHARGEPIPE,SINGLE BOV&FMIC ACTIVE AUTOWERKES, NST CRANK PULLEY, 3' BMS **, M PERFORMANCE EXHAUST, BMS MCV, BMS OCC, BMS 2STEP, JB4 G5 ISO board BMS Flash at 20.5psi]

Last edited by RBloodscalp; 04-06-2012 at 03:59 AM.. Reason: mistype
(#4190)
Old

Car: 335i, GT-R
Default 04-06-2012, 09:56 AM

Terry, is it possible to add a feature for xi's where the front wheels can be disengaged using the software? I know it's being done now by pulling a fuse, but it causes a windshield wiper malfunction and is a hassle to do.
(#4191)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-06-2012, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsmeek
Terry, is it possible to add a feature for xi's where the front wheels can be disengaged using the software? I know it's being done now by pulling a fuse, but it causes a windshield wiper malfunction and is a hassle to do.
It is possible but we don't own an N54 Xi model. If someone wants to drop one off for a week or two I can look in to it.

Burger Motorsports

(#4192)
Old

Car: 335i, GT-R
Default 04-06-2012, 10:09 AM

I'd gladly drop my car off to you- but i'm in DC

Any takers that live near BMS?
(#4193)
Old

Default 04-07-2012, 10:35 AM

guys, what does the value "wastegate adaption" mean. i know that the JB4 sets it automatically according to the given circumstances but... does it tell something about my wastegates? currently, i have "41" as a value there, have heard from others that they have various values from 80-120.
(#4194)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-07-2012, 10:45 AM

It will continuously adjust to the car and conditions. The actual number isn't overly relevant to anything but lower numbers mean the JB4 is adding less duty cycle to hit boost target, and larger numbers mean it is adding more duty cycle to hit boost target.

Burger Motorsports

(#4195)
Old

Default 04-07-2012, 10:47 AM

ok, so no need to worry or even think about that value. was just wondering cause 40 compared to 120 seems to be a big difference at first sight without knowing what is behind that value.

thanks!
(#4196)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-07-2012, 11:02 AM

There is just a lot of car to car variation out there. The adaptive wastegate control has been a god-send in terms of support. I can't imagine life without it.

Burger Motorsports

(#4197)
Old
Tuner

Car: 2009 335i AT
Cool 04-07-2012, 11:55 AM

Quote:
There is just a lot of car to car variation out there. The adaptive wastegate control has been a god-send in terms of support. I can't imagine life without it.
Ah, so, so true.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, and S63s!

(#4198)
Old

Car: bmw 335i
Default 04-07-2012, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Hello what thinks about my log i 4 gear?
Attached Images

(#4199)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-07-2012, 03:34 PM

I don't generally look at logs on forums. You can email me the CSV file if you want me to look at it, or post it in the support section if you want forum advice.

Burger Motorsports

(#4200)
Old

Car: 08' 335xi
Default 04-08-2012, 06:23 PM

Just updated to 3/25 tune from 9/16. For some reason the car seems more subtle now. Boost seems to come in smoother on Meth Map 3 (40 additive). Also, brake boost launches seem less violent with no wheel spin when traction control is disabled.

Are any of you xi users dialing in more boost above the defaults in 1st and 2nd? I think I can add a bit more and still get a good launch on my Conti DWS.

2017 BMW M2 in Mineral Gray
DCT Transmission & Executive Package

JB4 l BM3 Stage 2 l AA Intake l ER Chargepipe l ER FMIC l ER C@tless ** l Stage 2 LPFP l NGK 97506 l BMW M Performance Kidney Grills, Mirror Covers, Spoiler, Rear Valence l 35% Tint l

383 WHP - JB4 Map 1 with 93 octane (Enzo Flash)