N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#26)
Old

Car: BMW
Default 04-06-2019, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antec800
Apparently not.
My android tablet doesnít support the app not sure why. I might need to use a friends android phone to be able to flash on Monday or so. I wish they had iPhone support it seems like 8 out of 10 people these days all have iPhones lol.

| 2018 BMW 340i | M-Sport | Track Handling Package |
| Pure Stage 1 | MPE + ER down-pipe | BMS Intake | JB4 + MHD | BMS Meth Kit |
(#27)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-06-2019, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dRDiesel
My android tablet doesnít support the app not sure why. I might need to use a friends android phone to be able to flash on Monday or so. I wish they had iPhone support it seems like 8 out of 10 people these days all have iPhones lol.
There will be lots of map changes early on, you need a device that is compatible.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#28)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-06-2019, 02:02 PM

Quote:
How do you purchase this license or whatever you need to get. Do all the tunes go through you terry or mhd?
MHD charges $249 to unlock the VIN For flashing in their software. We don't charge for the map templates as we're already making money on the JB4.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#29)
Old
BMW After BMW

Car: BMW M240i
Default 04-06-2019, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Apparently not.
Donít misunderstand me. If you use a PC it has to be running Android. Not windows, not a Mac, not Linux, not a chromebook.

2017 F23/M240i Convertible (B58) / 6MT / FF Wires / EWG Wires / BMS Air Intake / Stock Exhaust / BMS Meth (100%) / 93 Octane
(#30)
Old

Car: 340ix
Default 04-06-2019, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterYous
Donít misunderstand me. If you use a PC it has to be running Android. Not windows, not a Mac, not Linux, not a chromebook.
Oh like a boot loader like android x86, not sure why mhd doesnít have a program for windows I can understand iPhone cant read and write from usb connections like android can since iOS is locked down.
(#31)
Old

Default 04-06-2019, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
MHD charges $249 to unlock the VIN For flashing in their software. We don't charge for the map templates as we're already making money on the JB4.

I just need that cable. I just gotta swing by my friends house on Monday and use his brand spanking new android phone.

(#32)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-06-2019, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Oh like a boot loader like android x86, not sure why mhd doesn’t have a program for windows I can understand iPhone cant read and write from usb connections like android can since iOS is locked down.
Limited development time, the Android app model makes it easy to collect money from customers, and the fact that you can by a compatible android device for ~$40.

Burger Motorsports

(#33)
Old

Default 04-06-2019, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Limited development time, the Android app model makes it easy to collect money from customers, and the fact that you can by a compatible android device for ~$40.
One last question terry I have the jb4 for my 2017 340. When I get the 2020 m340i will this jb4 work on it, and will I need to repurchase the back end flash.
(#34)
Old
BMW After BMW

Default 04-06-2019, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Oh like a boot loader like android x86, not sure why mhd doesnít have a program for windows I can understand iPhone cant read and write from usb connections like android can since iOS is locked down.
Android-x86 is NOT a boot loader. Itís a fully fledged version of android, same as the one running on a Samsung or other device, but without the customizations the vendors make. It is complied directly from the AOSP which is where everyone else (including Google) contributes. The difference is some smart guys got it compiling on PCs instead of ARM devices. Have at it, it will work. Just get the right cable.

2017 F23/M240i Convertible (B58) / 6MT / FF Wires / EWG Wires / BMS Air Intake / Stock Exhaust / BMS Meth (100%) / 93 Octane
(#35)
Old

Car: M140i
Default Not MHD - 04-06-2019, 05:23 PM

Not an MHD flash but BM3 with JB4 logging, looks healthy, car pulls hard through the revs. Mods are sports c-a-t, panel filter, custom exhaust and BM3 stage 2. Running UK Shell V power fuel.
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2019-04-06 15_17_12_Map-0 S2.csv (8.3 KB, 58 views)
(#36)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-06-2019, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew1810
Not an MHD flash but BM3 with JB4 logging, looks healthy, car pulls hard through the revs. Mods are sports c-a-t, panel filter, custom exhaust and BM3 stage 2. Running UK Shell V power fuel.
Thanks. I'd prefer to keep all the B58 JB4 related flash stuff in the same thread. While we use and support MHD ultimately our maps should be compatible with any flashing solution.

It's interesting that you are under target here. Do you have the JB4 EWG connector?
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

(#37)
Old

Default 04-06-2019, 06:07 PM

Quote:
One last question terry I have the jb4 for my 2017 340. When I get the 2020 m340i will this jb4 work on it, and will I need to repurchase the back end flash.
Terry Iím not sure if you missed this, or if anyone knows whether this is the case or not.
(#38)
Old

Default 04-06-2019, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Thanks. I'd prefer to keep all the B58 JB4 related flash stuff in the same thread. While we use and support MHD ultimately our maps should be compatible with any flashing solution.

It's interesting that you are under target here. Do you have the JB4 EWG connector?
I did think boost seemed odd, especially as I was running 17 flat on JB4 map 6 previously. I have both FF and EWG add ons.
(#39)
Old

Default 04-06-2019, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Terry Iím not sure if you missed this, or if anyone knows whether this is the case or not.
Depends if itís the same engine ?
(#40)
Old

Default 04-06-2019, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Depends if itís the same engine ?
I think the m340i uses a newer version of the b58 I know the flash wonít work but wondering if itís the case also with the jb4
(#41)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-06-2019, 06:34 PM

Quote:
I did think boost seemed odd, especially as I was running 17 flat on JB4 map 6 previously. I have both FF and EWG add ons.
Load the JB4 map in the first post, FUD.6 on, and log map2.

Burger Motorsports

(#42)
Old

Default 04-07-2019, 04:21 AM

Quote:
Load the JB4 map in the first post, FUD.6 on, and log map2.
Map 2 on 1st page firmware, with FUD 6 on, 4th gear log, sitting nearer JB4 boost target now. May be one for BM3 to look into in regards to not hitting target.
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2019-04-07 12_12_33_Map-2 M2 G4.csv (12.8 KB, 62 views)
(#43)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-07-2019, 09:21 AM

So far so good. Do a longer run with shifts now same map and settings, before we crank it up.

Burger Motorsports

(#44)
Old

Car: 335i
Default 04-08-2019, 06:50 AM

Quote:
Check the BM3 threads on f30 etc. They are having issues with a number of cars running under target. They are iterating maps to try and solve the issue currently. Send them your logs if you haven't yet

2017 340i M Sport. JB4
(#45)
Old

Default 04-08-2019, 07:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdoming
Check the BM3 threads on f30 etc. They are having issues with a number of cars running under target. They are iterating maps to try and solve the issue currently. Send them your logs if you haven't yet
Yeah Iím working with them atm on logs and test maps, hence why I havenít added a new log with the JB4, once the test maps are done with then Iíll get another JB4 log and go from there
(#46)
Old

Default 04-08-2019, 11:25 AM

I just got my cable today. I should hopefully be flashed today or tomorrow i just need access to an android asap.

(#47)
Old

Default 04-08-2019, 11:54 AM

Terry; Any plans for a dyno session soon? To see the difference the BEF makes compared to jb4 only?
(#48)
Old
BMW After BMW

Default 04-08-2019, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dRDiesel
I just got my cable today. I should hopefully be flashed today or tomorrow i just need access to an android asap.
kindle fire tablet is cheap.. or, Android-x86 on your PC

(#49)
Old

Default 04-08-2019, 03:21 PM

Hey Terry as mentioned in the first post uninstall the MHD flasher app. That was already done and downloaded the file from the link you provided, but the android device is stating that it cannot be open. Any thoughts?

(#50)
Old

Default 04-08-2019, 04:17 PM

Never mind Terry got it squared off. Just need a BEF file.