N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: 2015 bmw x5 35i xdrive m package
Default jb4 read code issues - 03-18-2019, 03:06 PM

A few days ago I upgraded jb4 app from the Apple Store,and then the jb4 can not read code on my car! it’s been always coming up “Invalid read. Please try again”i don’t know why?my car is bmw x5 35i xdrive m package please anyone can help? thank you so much
(#2)
Old
Legend

Car: 2008 135i
Default 03-18-2019, 05:26 PM

'Invalid Read' Bug in iOS Version 2.3.7 - N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion

2008 135i 4L80E Swap - 807 WHP
VM 6466 Single Turbo Kit | JB4 | BMS Flash via MHD | Fuel-It Stage 3 | BMS Port Injection | E85

For all JB4 Mobile/Connect Kit requests, email me at: support@jb4connectkit.com

For JB4 Mobile feedback (bug reports, minor annoyances, etc.), email me at: feedback@jb4connectkit.com
(#3)
Old

Car: 2018 Kia Stinger GT 2
Default 10-30-2019, 06:27 PM

I am getting this same message. It says “invalid read. Please try again.” I have the newest 2.40. On a side note. My jb4 isn’t reading any thing however. None of the gauges are working, etc. any help is appreciated!
(#4)
Old

Car: Q60
Default 11-03-2019, 02:25 AM

Same here, but on Android. Invalid reads. And the most obvious is the RPM gauge not working for me. Maybe try switching themes?
(#5)
Old

Exclamation Problem solved - 11-03-2019, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackblur
Same here, but on Android. Invalid reads. And the most obvious is the RPM gauge not working for me. Maybe try switching themes?
I solved my problem. Mine was kind of silly. I thought being the Bluetooth version all the info was or should of been coming from Bluetooth. However, it wasn’t. I had to plug in my obd II connection as well and everything started working as it was supposed to.
(#6)
Old

Default 11-03-2019, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyDiggler
I solved my problem. Mine was kind of silly. I thought being the Bluetooth version all the info was or should of been coming from Bluetooth. However, it wasn’t. I had to plug in my obd II connection as well and everything started working as it was supposed to.
Thanks bro. That did it. Now though, I'm getting no horn beep upon setting car alarm. Worried it may be a battery drain issue?
(#7)
Old

Default 11-03-2019, 03:13 PM

I would check the settings inside the car. If you unplugged the battery at all some times that can change those settings. But that’s where I would first start!
(#8)
Old

Default 11-03-2019, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyDiggler
I would check the settings inside the car. If you unplugged the battery at all some times that can change those settings. But that’s where I would first start!
Never touched battery. I hope I don't wake up to car that won't start because of jb4, right before work!

Maybe wipe app/reinstall and flash latest update all over again.
(#9)
Old

Default 11-03-2019, 03:39 PM

I'll check this later .. Guess I should rtfm.

Quote:
Answer back horn feature
If desired, the answer back horn feature can be deactivated using the Intelligent Key.
When it is deactivated and the lock button is pressed, the hazard indicator lights flash twice. When the unlock button is pressed, neither the hazard indicator lights nor the horn operates.
NOTE:
If you change the answer back horn and light flash feature with the Intelligent Key, the vehicle information display screen will show the current mode after the ignition switch has been cycled from the OFF to the ON position. The vehicle information display screen can also be used to change the answer back horn mode.

To deactivate: Press and hold the lock and unlock buttons for at least 2 seconds.
The hazard indicator lights will flash three times to confirm that the answer back horn feature has been deactivated.

To activate: Press and hold the lock and unlock buttons for at least 2 seconds once more.
The hazard indicator lights will flash once and the horn will sound once to confirm that the horn beep feature has been reactivated.

Deactivating the horn beep feature does not silence the horn if the alarm is triggered.