N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: 2011 BMW 335i M-Sport
Icon1 E92 N55 stalling after Pulls - 02-10-2020, 08:26 PM

Running into an occasional issue where after a pull or during a pull my car stalls pretty violently. After clearing the codes and trying to turn car back on multiple times the car just wont start back up. I let the car sit for 5 mins and unlock, re-lock car a few times to try and get the fuel pumps to prime and then the car magically starts right back up again like nothing happened. This is classic HPFP failure symptoms however i just replaced it with a re-manufactured one from fcpeuro about 8k miles ago. I am also experiencing the classic some what long crank starts on occasions(i wouldnt say very long cranks however it is definitely longer then my 2 friends n54s.). It is to be noted i am currently running a upgraded walbro 450 LPFP with a bucketless system it is the exact setup to the video vehicular DIY did for his $135 LPFP upgrade. Ive had problems initially with the LPFP upgrade but after working out some kinks i have had it reliably working for the past 5-6 months. It is also to be noted my fuel level was right around the 3/4 full mark so i dont believe that my bucketless system is being starved of fuel. It is also to be noted i am experiencing 4 codes in total 2 of which are unrealated but i felt i should list them anyways; 3225(most likely unrelated), 3106(********* *********), 2BE9(Cylinder injection cutout; pressure to low in high pressure fuel system), and finally 2C01(High pressure fuel system, fuel pressure:
0x2C01 Minimum pressure undershot). I also have experienced on occasions a weird ticking or continues clicking noise around the HPFP area of the engine but I am not 100% sure that is where it is coming from. I went ahead and ordered another re-manufactured HPFP from FCPEURO and will be replacing it as soon as i get the chance. Just wondering if anyone can directly identify the problem or if anyone has some insight to what i am experiencing. I am worried the LPFP system could have something to do with not feeding the HPFP properly and then causing the DME to think the HPFP is failing and throwing HPFP related codes however I am unsure if that is possible. Thanks for any help you offer it is much appreciated.
(#2)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 02-11-2020, 10:51 AM

Got any logs?

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#3)
Old

Car: 2011 BMW 335i M-Sport
Default 02-12-2020, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Payam @ BMS
Got any logs?
Haven't gotten any logs of it happening, it only happens on occasions usually when im beating on the car more then just daily driving.