(#26)
Old

Car: 2008 535i
Default 02-25-2019, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by codesx
Sexy.

Speaking of double-tap for max;
Max boost should not reflect the momentary spike when you let off the gas, just prior to the boost being vented.
Max boost is always a lie, and this makes me sad.
Agreed. Very useful feature in theory, but I still have to go examine the log to find the actual max boost, not just the quick spike.

Visit Chadillac2000's 2008 135i Road Warrior Daily Driver Single Turbo Build Thread HERE

ACF PTE 6062 BB Top Mount ST Kit, Fuel-It! Stage 3 LPFP, Phoenix Racing Port Injection Manifold + RACE FMIC, JB4 + BMS ST E85 PI BEF
(#27)
Old

Car: 2018 s5 coupe
Default 02-26-2019, 01:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmac @ BMS/DMD
Can you get me a few good pics of what you're referring to.
Sure:

Google Image Result for http://www.theautohost.com/_contentPages/vehicleContentPages/audi/2017/R8%20Coupe/images/2017-Audi-R8-coupe-technology-virtual-****pit.jpg

2018 S5 IBIS WHITE COUPE

SRM/Eurocode GTX3582 hybrid CTS FMIC BMS jb4 with BCM BMS WMI Roc-euro intake/ECS inlet hose Ringless RS grille/JC Sportline CF splitter H&R springs Color matched side skirts Niche Misano 20x10.5 et27
(#28)
Old
Legend

Car: 2008 135i
Default 02-26-2019, 01:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason @ BMS
The JB4 logo on the gauge screen/app is for when people post screen shots, photos, or videos of the app or gauges we can advertise JB4. It's a marketing thing more than a user awareness thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brancky3
Not sure this is possible, but it would be cool if the app would automatically apply a watermark on screenshots for this reason. As long as the logo doesn't take up any real estate from the gauges there would be no concern for it being there
I'll see if I can detect the default screenshot action and edit the image (unlikely). Another option would be an app-wide screenshot gesture (4 taps for example). With that functionality I could capture the screenshot inside the app and add the watermark myself then save to the appropriate location.

Quote:
Layout with 7 gauges.
Doable. Really I need to allocate some time to just sit down and get a customizable grid layout knocked out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by InKcmob
Completely concur that having them skinned as bimmer dials would be nice.
This seems like a pretty popular request.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRC-5.56
any way to make an option to custom color each of the 6 gauges? For example I would like to have most the amber color but do boost gauge green and IAT gauge blue etc..
Doable. Depending on how this upcoming theme takes shape I may go ahead and add it in if it looks right.

Quote:
Just a note - my use is 100% horizontal. I'm not sure what is most common.
I'm actually quite happy with my 6 dials. So long as I don't loose this I'll continue to be happy.

- However -

My car is parked and un-powered for the winter or I'd check the following; (described colors would be background of gauge, maybe inter 2/3, leaving the outer (with the numbers) unchanged)

- Can the AFR gauge turn yellow/red as the values creep towards the un-ideal? (prior to kicking to Map 4)
- Boost be Green unless more than 2 PSI off Target for more than 2 seconds?
- IAT go red if over a user defined threshold
- Trans, Water, Oil have a yellow (warming), green (ideal) and red (too hot)

Really being creative, of the 6 gauges on screen, maybe have the two on the right side (horizontal) only show DME parameters that are starting to go outside of ideal boundaries, but have still not triggered the Safety Map.
So, if the LPFP value is getting within 5% of triggering the Safety Map, have that gauge pop-up on the right in yellow, or even blinking? (on for 4/5 of a second, off for 1/5 of a second, repeating)

This type of action could help reduce the time looking at the log, and only doing so if we see thresholds breached.

So, User Definable Thresholds for each Parameter, where it turns yellow(/red) on breach. Further, the option of having a background monitored values be brought to the foreground on threshold breach. (pre Safety Map being triggered).
I only really use the app in landscape mode as well. The 6 gauges won't be going anywhere.

The color changing gauges based on safety are already implemented in iOS. We'll see how this theme goes. If this one ends up working with that feature, I'll add it into Android at that time as well.

Individual gauge flashing to show a warning is a good idea.

I have some audible safety alerts mostly coded up for iOS that I never got around to releasing so it may be a good time to bring that back as well (including Android users). The update for this theme looks like it's going to be pretty extensive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistedX
It wont let me upload the pic of what I would like, can I email/PM it?

**edit, was able to zip it
I like the idea of being able to move/scale the tab/connect/logging buttons along with the gauges. This would make it a completely user-definable display page.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ritter
I would like to see the ability to have multiple pages for gauges. swipe left and you have another page of six gauges. this way you can monitor many parameters not just 6. also what about a volt meter, calculated hp and torque? similar to the boost gauge with saving max record with double tap to view and reset.
Multiple pages shouldn't be too hard to implement with this.

JB4 Mobile can only display parameters that the JB4 outputs at this time. To request more params, you'll need to reach out to Terry.

Regarding HP and TQ, I'll have to play around with it a bit more.

Quote:
Sexy.

Speaking of double-tap for max;
Max boost should not reflect the momentary spike when you let off the gas, just prior to the boost being vented.
Max boost is always a lie, and this makes me sad.
I can modify the logic for that to not consider any values for Max Boost unless the pedal is being pressed. Email me and we'll see if I can get that fixed up quick. orders@jb4connectkit.com

Looks pretty clean. I like the simple gauges to the right of the main center one.

2008 135i 4L80E Swap - 807 WHP
VM 6466 Single Turbo Kit | JB4 | BMS Flash via MHD | Fuel-It Stage 3 | BMS Port Injection | E85

For all JB4 Mobile/Connect Kit requests, email me at: support@jb4connectkit.com

For JB4 Mobile feedback (bug reports, minor annoyances, etc.), email me at: feedback@jb4connectkit.com
(#29)
Old

Car: '18 Stinger GT2
Default 02-26-2019, 06:14 AM

Good God this update sounds like it's a ton of work; I can't wait to see it
(#30)
Old

Car: 2008 335i Vert (E93, N54)
Default 02-26-2019, 10:32 AM

Dreams I didn't know I had are coming true

Thanks for keeping the Android users in mind too Dmac!

--

2008 335i Convertible, E93, N54, A/T (190,000+ km)
Wheels: 322 | Tires: R.275/35r18, F.245/40r18
TUNE: JB4/Trebila | 24 PSI | 100% Meth via dual BM5 | 94 Octane
BMS: JB4, Map 6 | WMI | 5" FMIC | OCC | DCI | Cowel Filters
TMAP: 3.5 barr
xHP Stage 3 (v2.0)
VRSF CP | HKS BOV
RB PCV Valve
NGK 5992 Plugs @ .020

Maintenance:
2018 - A/T Replaced | Plugs | Ign Coils | Walnut Blasting
2019 - Index 12 Injectors | VCG | OFHG & O-rings | Alternator w/ Clutch Pulley | Water Pump & TStat
(#31)
Old

Car: 335i E92
Default 03-01-2019, 10:54 AM

I have modified the colors to kind of match the factory cluster orange color. I had no way of testing this, so it might actually look awful or could also look decent.

I use the first design though from the 2 listed ones on the top. I like that style a lot better.
Attached Files
File Type: zip JB4 Mobile Theme Template.zip (3.14 MB, 78 views)
(#32)
Old

Car: Stinger 3.3T
Default 03-03-2019, 03:13 AM

Quote:
Layout with 7 gauges.
I did a quick change with paint, excuse the quality. But you can utilize the bar gauges for the slow reading things that don't fluctuate as much like Temp etc. Also added the target boost.
Attached Images

JB4 - HKS M40iL - AEM Intake - BMS TiAL BOV - VT Snorkels - Snow WMI - NGT Primaries - JUN BL Mid-pipe w/200cell HFCs & EVC c@t-back - Radium OCC x2
(#33)
Old

Car: 2008 335i Vert (E93, N54)
Default 03-04-2019, 03:46 PM

OK, that is one sweet image. I'm considering portrait.
I love how Boost and Target are in the same image. Snap.

--

2008 335i Convertible, E93, N54, A/T (190,000+ km)
Wheels: 322 | Tires: R.275/35r18, F.245/40r18
TUNE: JB4/Trebila | 24 PSI | 100% Meth via dual BM5 | 94 Octane
BMS: JB4, Map 6 | WMI | 5" FMIC | OCC | DCI | Cowel Filters
TMAP: 3.5 barr
xHP Stage 3 (v2.0)
VRSF CP | HKS BOV
RB PCV Valve
NGK 5992 Plugs @ .020

Maintenance:
2018 - A/T Replaced | Plugs | Ign Coils | Walnut Blasting
2019 - Index 12 Injectors | VCG | OFHG & O-rings | Alternator w/ Clutch Pulley | Water Pump & TStat
(#34)
Old
Legend

Default 03-08-2019, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brancky3
Good God this update sounds like it's a ton of work; I can't wait to see it
Quote:
Dreams I didn't know I had are coming true

Thanks for keeping the Android users in mind too Dmac!

Quote:
Originally Posted by keninger
I have modified the colors to kind of match the factory cluster orange color. I had no way of testing this, so it might actually look awful or could also look decent.

I use the first design though from the 2 listed ones on the top. I like that style a lot better.
Sweet! I'll add this in as a test and see what it looks like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BHR Stinger
I did a quick change with paint, excuse the quality. But you can utilize the bar gauges for the slow reading things that don't fluctuate as much like Temp etc. Also added the target boost.
That's a good idea as well. Maybe for the grid layout I'll make it so you can drag and drop whichever gauge style you want so you can mix and match.

VM 6466 Single Turbo Kit | JB4 | BMS Flash via MHD | Fuel-It Stage 3 | BMS Port Injection | E85

For JB4 Mobile feedback (bug reports, minor annoyances, etc.), email me at: feedback@jb4connectkit.com
(#35)
Old

Car: 2015 Jetta SE
Default 03-17-2019, 06:41 PM

I'm seeing requests for being able to customize the size and location of the guages. What about putting them into widgets. Given a few size selections you select the JB4 mobile widget, then it can ask which guage you want and what style. That would give people fully customizable layouts in size, style (mixes of styles and colors), multiple pages of guages, and it would allow for information from other apps that the user may feel vital.

As for the JB4 logo, what about putting one on the Start logging button. I'm looking at my display now and imagining it there and it feels very unobtrusive.

Whishing I had the time to work with the guage files you posted. I would love to recolor them to match the VW red/white/silver on black guage scheme.
(#36)
Old
Legend

Default 03-21-2019, 03:24 PM

Short demo of the start of the customizable gauge interface.

(#37)
Old
Legend

Car: BMW E90 335XI
Default 03-22-2019, 03:33 AM

On iOS with last update , FUD bits settings has been changed without any explanation. Could you please tell how can we adjust bits settings ?

Bmw E90 2007 AT 335xi MSD80,Jb4 G5 ISO,
Full Bolt Ons, Ps2 turbos, TFT inlet system,xHP Stage 3

Do more with less !
(#38)
Old
administartor

Car: M340i,X5,Raptor,C7 ZR1
Default 03-22-2019, 02:34 PM

Quote:
That's really cool.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#39)
Old

Car: Stinger 3.3T
Default 03-23-2019, 12:51 AM

Quote:

Awesome, cant wait

JB4 - HKS M40iL - AEM Intake - BMS TiAL BOV - VT Snorkels - Snow WMI - NGT Primaries - JUN BL Mid-pipe w/200cell HFCs & EVC c@t-back - Radium OCC x2
(#40)
Old
Legend

Default Drag And Drop Progress Update 2 - 04-01-2019, 11:11 AM

Making pretty good headway with the new UI setup. The basic functionality is almost done so I just need to clean up a few things, add some error checking, then I can start implementing this in JB4 Mobile.

(#41)
Old

Car: '18 Stinger GT2
Default 04-16-2019, 07:42 AM

Looks really good, Dmac!
(#42)
Old

Car: 2009 E92 335i DCT
Default 05-19-2019, 06:50 AM

Any updates here gents?
(#43)
Old
Legend

Default 05-20-2019, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by General.Massacre
Any updates here gents?
Had to put this on hold temporarily while I did some major behind-the-scenes updates. Those updates are now complete and we are in beta testing. Once the new public release is out, I'll be starting back on this.

We'll have another update thread discussing all of this in the coming days.

(#44)
Old

Car: Jetta GLi Gen3
Default 06-15-2019, 08:26 AM

I do not know if it is the correct thread but it would be good to add in the configuration of each gauge that when you choose which parameter to use, it asks you to adjust certain parameters ... if I add boost, I ask for the scale, ex: 0 to 30 ... if I choose AFR asks me to parameter to full throttle start alert me, eg: up to 12.5 full throttle make a visual and / or sound alert, including the ability to move to an emergency map with less PSI automatically. Sorry for my English, I hope you can understand.
(#45)
Old

Car: Seat Leon Cupra 2019
Default 09-02-2019, 03:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BHR Stinger
Hello,

Is it possible to use this interface?
(#46)
Old

Car: Jetta GLi Gen3
Default 09-04-2019, 04:27 PM

Hi, I have several recommendations and good things to implement that could be useful, I hope it's the right thread to post this.

-User Adjustment in the 2nd tab
-The gauges show the highest and/or lowest values ​​reached, example:
*Maximum temperature reached
*IAT minimum temperature reached
-In the case of Boost that shows the frozen Boost peak for 1 second
-Add the variables of "cylinder timing correction" and "misfire count" that can be seen in the VW using the Polarfis, mainly to see them in the log
-More themes and especially one of needles more sober than "Needle Fill"
-The shift light has to be yellow very visible, not red
-To be able to see the logs in metric unit (km/h and C)
-Programmable visual and audible alerts, example:
*In AFR if the target is 12, outside 11.5 and 12.5 of a visual and/or audible alert only if the X% pedal is
*In Water Temp and Oil Temp above X temperature the gauge appears with a red background
-A map for safe driving that loads no more than 7 psi
-When you leave a log, be selected to know which one you left
-When save changes in User Adjustment the legend that the changes were saved does not appear above the tabs
-Support different languages, I would like Spanish
-Bug: when you are in the list of choosing which variable to see in a gauge, but you go back without choosing a different one, it does not return to the gauges but it shows the Display tab selected but shows the Settings

Sorry if my english is not the best

VW Jetta GLi 2014 - IS38 - JB4
(#47)
Old

Car: 2014 BMW F30 N20 328i
Default 09-22-2019, 12:50 AM

Quote:
Had to put this on hold temporarily while I did some major behind-the-scenes updates. Those updates are now complete and we are in beta testing. Once the new public release is out, I'll be starting back on this.

We'll have another update thread discussing all of this in the coming days.
just bumping this thread. I'm very keen to have the customizable gauges. Especially where we can set parameters to change the colours (like orange for below x temp, green for operating temp and red for above operating temp. it would be nice if they are auto populated with some default values, but allow the user to customize to their preferences for each gauge)

Also, can we make an option for a button to change maps, instead of using the gauge (the gauge option can stay for those that like it, but it does take the space of a another more dynamic gauge, instead of the rather static map selected display).

The button could be optionally displayed via the user settings and could be near the logging and connection button. (The currently selected map should be displayed on the button)

** 2014 BMW F30 N20 328i EWG **
** JB4 **