N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#126)
Old

Car: 2014 335i M sport
Default 06-14-2019, 06:33 PM

Yeah sure, here's a map 2 log with DME backend flash

2018 M550i
Attached Files
File Type: csv boostane 2019-04-07 12_56_10_Map-2.csv (35.7 KB, 24 views)

2018 BMW M550i
BMS JB4
1/4 mile 11.0 @ 125
(#127)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-15-2019, 09:48 AM

Thanks, looks like you have the 2.5 bar sensors.

Keep the logs rolling in!

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#128)
Old

Default 06-15-2019, 10:17 AM

Would a 3.5bar sensor help me?

2018 BMW M550i
BMS JB4
1/4 mile 11.0 @ 125
(#129)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-15-2019, 10:27 AM

You may need to make that change at some point.. We'd have to add JB4 support for changing between sensors too then.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#130)
Old

Car: 2019 BMW M550i
Default 06-17-2019, 07:16 PM

Hello all,

Need your help. New to all of this tuning world. Had help installing a N63TU for a 2019 BMW M550i today. After install took out for test drive to make sure all was functioning correctly. Drove for a couple miles then back to garage. About 30 minutes later took car back out and noticed check engine light on.

Is this something to be worried about?
How can I correct this issue?
Is it a setting a need to adjust?

Also wondering is the JB4 unit auto default to map 1 setting or do I need to activate it?
Something I saw on YouTube about hitting the volume button and track change button on steering wheel to see what map setting you are on with the display of the speed and rpm.

Thank you guys!
(#131)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-17-2019, 09:18 PM

Could be nothing or could indicate an installation issue.

Was battery disconnected during install? Using the JB4 app you can read the codes if you got the blue tooth adapter. Alternatively can read using a basic OBDII reader.

I presume TMAP only installed and BCM plugs tucked out of the way and not installed?

Burger Motorsports

(#132)
Old

Default 06-17-2019, 09:57 PM

Battery was not disconnected. Should we have done that? Sending our installation pictures to Ando to see if this sheds any light or not.

I don’t have Bluetooth reader but do have an OBD2 sensor to read the codes with ibimmer app. We unplugged the tmap sensors and plugged in male and female to respective adapters.

Am I on the right track thus far or should I disconnect battery and the. Reconnect? Or just read the code from the check engine light?
(#133)
Old

Default TMAP sensor - 06-19-2019, 10:21 AM

Hello all,

Really into a trouble shooting situation now. Have used the instructions provided from BMS for installation. Either Iím incompetent or my 2019 model year changed some things from the previous years version and where things are laid out. I canít seem to pin point which of the modules is the TMAP connectors to connect the JB4 to. I thought I had the right one in the instructions connected but I threw a check engine light which turned out to be O2 sensor related. So we trouble shooted and fixed a few things but no luck. We hooked all back up to stock and reset check engine light. Iím wondering if anyone can tell me if this is the correct TMAP to hook up the JB4 to because I didnít hook up to this one. The directions said to remove the hoses and youíd find it hidden away down there which I thought I hooked up to which clearly wasnít the right one. PICTURE LISTED BELOW WITH LINK.

Thank you all!!!
Attached Images

(#134)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-19-2019, 10:29 AM

NOT the o2 sensor harness in your photo

They are on the intercooler... Down below the airboxes. More photos of engine bay?

Burger Motorsports

(#135)
Old

Default 06-19-2019, 11:20 AM

Quick update. I dug around a bit more and found these two sensors compared to whatís on ECS Tuning parts for MAP sensors. Would these be my TMAP sensors? First picture is drivers intercooler, second is passenger side intercooler at the very very bottom of the intercoolers.
Attached Images

(#136)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-19-2019, 03:55 PM

Yes those are them... Hopefully, you didn't attach to the wrong ones because doing that will blow out the JB4 board.

Burger Motorsports

(#137)
Old

Default 06-19-2019, 04:15 PM

Ando told us to pull everything out and go back to stock to see if it returns to normal. He told us to take pictures front and back of the circuit board and send to him. Are these damaged?
Attached Images

(#138)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-19-2019, 09:22 PM

We can't tell if it's damaged from photos, if it was attached wrong. Was it attached wrong at some point?

Burger Motorsports

(#139)
Old

Default 06-19-2019, 10:43 PM

Was attached but not to the TMAPís the first time. Once we got check engine light and disassembled everything and put back we havenít reattached since.
(#140)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-20-2019, 08:56 AM

There is a chance if you attach it to the TMAP sensors now it will be fine, but you might also need us to swap the control board for you.

Burger Motorsports

(#141)
Old

Default 06-20-2019, 09:25 AM

How would I be able to tell before I hook it all up?
(#142)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-20-2019, 10:40 AM

You can't. If you want to send the control board in only we can always test/replace it for you though. Or just email us and we can send another board out and you can send that board back later.

Burger Motorsports

(#143)
Old

Default 06-24-2019, 09:17 AM

So Iím hearing that the new 2019 BMW has computer tech onboard now through software update that every time a sensor is unhooked and reconnected it has to be re-mapped through the BMW onboard computer in order to re-establish itself as what part of the engine. Otherwise by unhooking then reconnecting and not doing the computer portion you are left with a check engine light on until this is done. Itís not like wiping codes from an OBDII port and app. The dealer or mechanics software. So whatís to say that I unplug the TMAP sensors on both intercoolers and plug in the respective ports from the JB4 it doesnít set off that check engine light and need to be updated to the cars computer again because it lost that connection by being unplugged then reconnected again. Hope that makes sense. Iím just trying to educated myself the best I can before I go causing myself more headache. Sounds like the car manufacturers are trying to do what Apple does and stop people from jail breaking there iPhones but with car tuners so to speak.
(#144)
Old

Default 06-24-2019, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRICKYARD
So Iím hearing that the new 2019 BMW has computer tech onboard now through software update that every time a sensor is unhooked and reconnected it has to be re-mapped through the BMW onboard computer in order to re-establish itself as what part of the engine. Otherwise by unhooking then reconnecting and not doing the computer portion you are left with a check engine light on until this is done. Itís not like wiping codes from an OBDII port and app. The dealer or mechanics software. So whatís to say that I unplug the TMAP sensors on both intercoolers and plug in the respective ports from the JB4 it doesnít set off that check engine light and need to be updated to the cars computer again because it lost that connection by being unplugged then reconnected again. Hope that makes sense. Iím just trying to educated myself the best I can before I go causing myself more headache. Sounds like the car manufacturers are trying to do what Apple does and stop people from jail breaking there iPhones but with car tuners so to speak.
Simple, just disconnect the battery before installing Jb4

2018 BMW M550i
BMS JB4
1/4 mile 11.0 @ 125
(#145)
Old

Default 06-24-2019, 10:13 AM

Is that what you did when you installed it on your car?
(#146)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-24-2019, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRICKYARD
Would be news to me. We've done plenty of 2019 installs without issue?

Burger Motorsports

(#147)
Old

Default 06-24-2019, 12:53 PM

Terry,

Havenít heard back from Ando yet. After everything Iíve learned and found out I want to do that circuit board swap out. Can we get that process started? Where could I email you? Thank you!
(#148)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-24-2019, 08:29 PM

Sure, what's your email? He should have cleared his email box before clocking out for the day!

Burger Motorsports

(#149)
Old

Default 06-24-2019, 09:31 PM

I really appreciate all the help and patience. Iím learning a lot as I go. chrisaburnett@me.com
(#150)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-25-2019, 10:11 AM

OK I'll email you to get that board replaced.

Burger Motorsports