N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
Go Back   N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion > General > Market Place - For Sale / Trade / Wanted
Reload this Page RVS Technology Triboceramic products, just launched in the US!

(#26)
Old

Car: VW Tiguan R-Line
Default 09-29-2017, 08:35 AM

Bump! Here are a few pics from the last Formula Drift race in Texas. We sponsored a car running in the Pro 1 class and the car ran better than ever (before a crash, unfortunately). Of note was the improved transmission shift action and reduced noise as well. New stroker 2jz from Australia is being run in as we speak with RVS and will debut in Irwindale's race.
Attached Images

(#27)
Old

Car: 08' 335xi 6MT
Default 10-04-2017, 07:18 AM

Bump for a product too easy not to try. Already noticing better gas mileage and engine just feels smoother for some reason. Im over 100k miles so on my first treatment of 2 once I change the oil.
(#28)
Old

Default 10-16-2017, 12:57 PM

Hi guys! I am running a promotion for forum members til the end of the month. You will receive 30% off and free shipping on all products with coupon code "N54Tech". Let me know if you have any questions. Happy Shopping!
(#29)
Old

Default 10-30-2017, 11:10 AM

Bump, above promotion is still active for you guys!
(#30)
Old

Car: 08 535xi
Default 10-31-2017, 05:00 PM

Just tried coupon code, expired...

08 535Xi - jb4 iso w/mhd flash, Bms dci, AR ********* **, er cp with forge dv, second *** delete, muffler delete, xhp trans flash, ets fmic, bms oil tstat bypass.
(#31)
Old

Default 11-17-2017, 10:03 AM

Sorry for the coupon expiring. For some reason it had a monthly end time. It is now fixed. Also didn't see the notifications from this post, my apologies. Have a great weekend guys!
(#32)
Old

Default 11-17-2017, 10:03 AM

Again, 30% off and free shipping with "N54TECH"
(#33)
Old

Default 01-15-2018, 12:12 PM

Hi Guys, a quick update again. I recently acquired an 2010 Jaguar XF Supercharged (the 5.0 SC) and wanted to do some testing on my own car. So I have done two engine treatments, transmission and power steering treatments on my car and got some hwy mileage tests done after I've now done about 1100 miles. Before I would max out at a steady cruise at about 24-24.5 mpg. I did it while level with the speed around 70-75 mph and reset the trip computer and drove as long as I could to get steady mileage without braking, accelerating etc (kind of hard in S FL traffic). So yesterday was able to get again steady cruising and achieved 28mpg! It went as high as 28.4 but settled at 28. The whole trip (about 150 miles, WPB to Miami and back to WPB) with lots of traffic on Miamis end and waiting at the airport, still averaged 26.2 mpg (Previous best was 23.6). So very happy with the results. Looks like about a 4 mpg difference right now on the hwy.

I also did a baseline dyno with AJ Hoti at EMP and my car laid down 454rwhp on their dynojet, completely stock. I also ran a couple 1/4 mile runs and ran 12.6@112mph (both runs were within a half a tenth and half an mile an hour)

I haven't been able to go back to the dyno or 1/4 mile yet, but will do once my schedule frees up. I know some people will probably cry foul that you can manipulate the mileage and all, but in the Jag it actually takes about a few minutes after the reset to get a reading so it is more factual than some other cars' trip computers. Plus I have no reason to tweak any readings/results since they can be replicated and have been in Europe over several years
Attached Images

(#34)
Old

Default 03-20-2018, 12:10 PM

bumb
(#35)
Old

Default 05-08-2018, 11:39 AM

Allright! Finally made it back to the same dyno after performing all the treatments to my car. It was obviously a bit warmer now than before but otherwise conditions were pretty similar. I was expecting 7-12 rwhp increase based on the tenth lost at the track (now ran 12.5@113.55mph) and lo and behold that's what it pretty much was. The gain from best run vs best run was 7hp. Biggest spread was about 10hp. New lines were a bit more linear as well as closer together with the car actually putting down the best number on the last pull. Very happy with 461 rwhp, on an otherwise stock car. Attached are a few graphs to look at. Nothing huge, but 7 rwhp and a tenth lost ain't bad in my book with better gas mileage
Attached Images

(#36)
Old

Default 05-08-2018, 11:48 AM

Here is the before graph with std correction...
Attached Images

(#37)
Old

Car: 135i
Default 05-09-2018, 04:54 PM

What's your affiliation with AJ@EMP?

2010 135i M-Sport 6MT Jet Black
N54 | Build Thread
(#38)
Old

Default 05-09-2018, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShocknAwe
What's your affiliation with AJ@EMP?
No affiliation. He just helped me set up dyno time with initial testing at Genesis Automotive. I suppose you ask cause of all the stuff going on with him and EMP that I've seen on some forums? But yeah, I've met him once, seemed nice but no further affiliation.

Can highly recommend Genesis Automotive though, super professional guys there 👍
(#39)
Old

Car: 2003 Forester
Default 05-10-2018, 05:03 AM

%30 off? I'll try it for all 3 of my cars! Thanks for the promotion.
(#40)
Old

Default 05-10-2018, 06:02 AM

Yes, coupon code "N54TECH" will give you guys 30% off and free shipping. Let me know if you guys have any questions
(#41)
Old

Default 05-10-2018, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVSUSA
No affiliation. He just helped me set up dyno time with initial testing at Genesis Automotive. I suppose you ask cause of all the stuff going on with him and EMP that I've seen on some forums? But yeah, I've met him once, seemed nice but no further affiliation.

Can highly recommend Genesis Automotive though, super professional guys there ��
Curious, is he working for or with Genesis Automotive?

On topic: Think this will be some good maintenance for my engine after I do my ST conversion this month. Does this get into the turbo as well? Assuming yes since its in the oil. How does it hold up to compressor temps?

N54 | Build Thread
(#42)
Old

Default 05-10-2018, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Curious, is he working for or with Genesis Automotive?

On topic: Think this will be some good maintenance for my engine after I do my ST conversion this month. Does this get into the turbo as well? Assuming yes since its in the oil. How does it hold up to compressor temps?
He doesn't work with Genesis besides using their dyno from time to time.

And yes, works great with turbos. Our product is super heat resistant so no issues there. My 135i gained over 2mph at the trap speed. We usually promise 30-70% longer life for the turbos as well (depending on usage, speed etc). To give an idea how tough the coating is, in Finland they've now done over 4000 miles with NO engine oil with a Peugeot 206. In fact, we just bought a Honda Civic and we'll be doing something similar here in the near future... So I'll keep everyone posted
(#43)
Old

Default 05-29-2018, 12:15 PM

Here is info on RVS and turbos
Attached Images
File Type: pdf rvs and turbochargers.pdf (118.9 KB, 65 views)
(#44)
Old

Car: 335i
Default 05-30-2018, 06:33 PM

Just ordered some. Thanks!
(#45)
Old

Default 05-30-2018, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureN54
Just ordered some. Thanks!
Thanks, received! Will ship out tomorrow
(#46)
Old
Pessimistic Poster

Car: 135i N54
Default 05-31-2018, 08:56 AM

My car has 97k miles, would I need to do the 2-part treatment or can I get away with 1? I changed the oil less than a month ago and wouldn't want to change it again, is that a requirement or could I do both on the same oil, provided it is still pretty new?
(#47)
Old

Default 05-31-2018, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vorsprung_CJB
My car has 97k miles, would I need to do the 2-part treatment or can I get away with 1? I changed the oil less than a month ago and wouldn't want to change it again, is that a requirement or could I do both on the same oil, provided it is still pretty new?
Thanks for the question. We recommend 2 treatments to any car/truck that has over 30k miles. This is because, and even more so in modern cars, that there is already a fair amount of contaminants that have accumulated in the engine. You'll notice the oil be much dirtier and darker after the first treatment because RVS also cleans the engine. It is in a way "smart" tech even thought its is just chemistry doing it's work. So the product "cleans" the surface before being able to integrate with the metal. Make sense? So that is why we do not recommend driving over 300 miles or so on the first treatment because all those loosened contaminants will be circulating in the oil. For this reason, we recommend doing the first treatment in old oil because like in your case, it doesn't make sense to waste good fresh oil and having to have to change it right away. Attached is a picture of a customer who did one treatment in his 80k mile Dodge Caravan on new oil that had less than 150 miles on it (the van was also an ex rental car in my friends business that had it's oil changed every 5k miles). He drove about 150 miles with RVS and got it changed again, and that's what it looked like!

Also, after performing the first treatment, the second treatment goes in the new oil and stays in. The whole process takes about 800-1000 miles to work through and then your're good to go for at least 60k miles. You'll also see much cleaner oil in the future when you get it changed since little wear will happen in the engine. In my N54 135i I saw a drop in oil temp too.
Attached Images

(#48)
Old

Default 06-16-2018, 11:43 AM

Here's a link to our Facebook page and videos. We're now running the Honda with NO ENGINE OIL. So far runs very smooth and with no noises. So far only about 10 miles on it but will keep updating.
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...35372119896877
(#49)
Old

Default 06-16-2018, 03:58 PM

Another question. If doing this on an engine with new turbos going in, do you recommend first treatment pre-turbo job, or both treatments after the swap. Since an oil change is involved in the swap.

N54 | Build Thread
(#50)
Old

Default 06-16-2018, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Another question. If doing this on an engine with new turbos going in, do you recommend first treatment pre-turbo job, or both treatments after the swap. Since an oil change is involved in the swap.
I'd definitely do it after the turbo swap since then the RVS will get to the new turbos as well. I'd wager you'll increase life if the turbos anywhere from 30-60% to boot.