N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#76)
Old

Car: BMW E92 M3
Default 08-03-2019, 12:27 AM

All PM's replied

MFactory / YCW Engineering (LSD's, Gears, Flywheels, Clutches, Driveshafts, Axles) - www.teammfactory.com
YCW Suspension (Mid-Range Coilovers) - www.ycwsuspension.com
SWIFT Springs Europe (Exclusive Distributor) - www.swiftspringseurope.com
SWIFT Springs Asia (Exclusive Distributor) - www.swiftspringsasia.com
(#77)
Old

Car: 135i
Default 08-21-2019, 10:38 AM

I have a 135 1M clone that i put the m3 lsd/rear end in. i had a driveshaft customized for this but i could be interest in one of these what are my options?

TFT inlets, charge pipe TIAL BOV
RISS **, Exhaust
Walbro 450
335is Clutch
BMS short shifter
VRSF 7"
Montego Blue 1M clone
@breakmywallet (instagram)
(#78)
Old

Default 08-23-2019, 02:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistawall
I have a 135 1M clone that i put the m3 lsd/rear end in. i had a driveshaft customized for this but i could be interest in one of these what are my options?
If it's the same dimensions as the 1M fitment, then we have those in stock and ready to ship

MFactory / YCW Engineering (LSD's, Gears, Flywheels, Clutches, Driveshafts, Axles) - www.teammfactory.com
(#79)
Old

Car: 135i
Default 08-24-2019, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFactory
If it's the same dimensions as the 1M fitment, then we have those in stock and ready to ship
do you have the measurement? because i know the 1M came with a n55 transmission so there may be a slight difference.

TFT inlets, charge pipe TIAL BOV
RISS **, Exhaust
Walbro 450
335is Clutch
BMS short shifter
VRSF 7"
Montego Blue 1M clone
@breakmywallet (instagram)
(#80)
Old

Car: BMW 1M Coupe
Default 09-13-2019, 12:40 PM

Hi Michael!

I bought my 1M carbon driveshaft from you in Dec 2016. Is this the same version? Or is this an improved one?
(#81)
Old

Default 09-14-2019, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightning
Hi Michael!

I bought my 1M carbon driveshaft from you in Dec 2016. Is this the same version? Or is this an improved one?
The M3 and 1M fitments we have for sales now are the new design.

(#82)
Old

Car: BMW 1M Coupe
Default 09-14-2019, 11:46 AM

Quote:
The M3 and 1M fitments we have for sales now are the new design.
Any big difference?
(#83)
Old

Default 11-05-2019, 10:13 AM

Ok guys, we have the following sample available: N54/N55 E82 135i AT 2006-2010

Tester price is $1100 inc. shipping with the mainland US

If anyone is interested, please PM me asap

(#84)
Old

Car: 335is
Default 11-14-2019, 11:57 AM

Do you have one for 2012 335is DCT trans?? Price if yes pls.

2012 335is DCT 719.9 WHP MMPs BB turbos 93 oct pump gas + Meth. Trebila tuned.
(#85)
Old

Default 11-14-2019, 08:16 PM

Not at the moment unfortunately

(#86)
Old

Car: 2011 335is
Default 11-19-2019, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMVela
Do you have one for 2012 335is DCT trans?? Price if yes pls.
I sent them a 335is DS either 2 or 3 years ago on my dime as I was supposed to be a tester and got nothing but excuse after excuse. Last few excuses were an issue with the CF supplier but obviously they haven't had an issue making them

It sad because I've been one of the first to get their 335is LSD, their upgraded axles, and their YCW coilovers. Always one of the first if not the first. Steve always took good care of me but I think he switched positions or something like that.

So no I'm out a BMW 335IS driveshaft (which isn't cheap) and the $70 shipping or whatever it was to send it across the US.

2011 335is DCT | DocRace 6266 | HPF Gen 2 3.5" Exhaust | Stett Stage 2 Oil Cooler | CSF Aluminum Radiator | AD-E 1000 HP IC | Fuel-It Stage 3 Pump | AD-E PI | MFactory LSD | MFactory Axles | YCW Coilovers | SSP Spec R | M4 Flywheel
(#87)
Old

Default 11-19-2019, 08:13 AM

Had it since almost 3 years looks like
Attached Images

2011 335is DCT | DocRace 6266 | HPF Gen 2 3.5" Exhaust | Stett Stage 2 Oil Cooler | CSF Aluminum Radiator | AD-E 1000 HP IC | Fuel-It Stage 3 Pump | AD-E PI | MFactory LSD | MFactory Axles | YCW Coilovers | SSP Spec R | M4 Flywheel
(#88)
Old

Default 11-19-2019, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phil1320
Had it since almost 3 years looks like
Sad to hear that bro! Feel your pain. This should be a good upgrade for our cars.

Looking at your signature, you car should be a really good and fun to drive. These 335is are another thing for sure.

Keep me posted if something change in regards to the carbon driveshaft.

Regards

(#89)
Old

Default 11-19-2019, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMVela
Sad to hear that bro! Feel your pain. This should be a good upgrade for our cars.

Looking at your signature, you car should be a really good and fun to drive. These 335is are another thing for sure.

Keep me posted if something change in regards to the carbon driveshaft.

Regards
For sure. I really wanted a CF DS from them but at this point I just want my spare DS back and will chalk it up as a loss on my part and just start referring people to other manufacturers. I could have had one made by Drive Shaft Shop a long ass time ago but I wanted to help the community and help M Factory and stay with their products but after a 3 year wait and all the excuses just to see other versions/fitments be released is very off putting.

(#90)
Old

Default 11-19-2019, 09:58 AM

Quote:
For sure. I really wanted a CF DS from them but at this point I just want my spare DS back and will chalk it up as a loss on my part and just start referring people to other manufacturers. I could have had one made by Drive Shaft Shop a long ass time ago but I wanted to help the community and help M Factory and stay with their products but after a 3 year wait and all the excuses just to see other versions/fitments be released is very off putting.
Frustrating for sure! Nothing more frustrating than get excuses every time you ask someone for you parts and there are only excuses. Completely understand you my friend!!!

On the other hand, does they are telling you, at this stage, that will make one for our cars?? Or they are just going to keep selling, for now, the one they made which I believe is for the 135i??

(#91)
Old

Default 11-19-2019, 10:40 AM

I was under the impression this whole 3 years that they were working on it but there were just snags. It seems like no this is not the case and I got screwed waiting and sending in my DS. I guess I will wait to see how they handle it as I was promised one at no cost in exchange to let them use my DS to development and that I would be the beta tester.

I sent them a PM on the other forum that we have been in contact on and then saw this later.

(#92)
Old

Default 11-19-2019, 12:40 PM

Pretty unacceptable response received from MFactory:

Quote:
Hey there,

we finished the 1M and M3 fitments a couple months ago.

for the 135i and 335i fitments, we have still to start production on these. We did have a 135i AT sample made as one of our customers purchased a batch of 15 of them (our min. qty)

unfortunately, there is virtually zero interest in the 135i/335i fitments now, so unless we can get at least 15 sets (for a particular fitment), it is unlikely we will make them.

Thanks!
No response to having my driveshaft for three years. No response to returning it. No response to why for three years they have been giving me excuses and dates in the future multiple times just to now act like it was never going to happen.

Pretty pissed off and will not be returning to do business with them nor will I refer or recommend them any longer.

(#93)
Old

Default 11-19-2019, 12:42 PM

Here is correspondence from last summer. Not one mention of them not being produced anymore. Sounds like they were almost done. Now nothing.

I would like my DS back and would like to be reimbursed for shipping as your end of the deal was not held up, MFactory. Stephen and I had an agreement and looks like I've been lied to for three years.
Attached Images

(#94)
Old

Default 11-19-2019, 12:53 PM

Also, two weeks ago on November 5th you guys posted a 135 CF drive shaft for sale. I need some answers and need some type of acceptable resolution before I go digging through everything and show the chain of correspondence and messaging since January of 2017. I saved all the messages.

(#95)
Old

Default 11-19-2019, 01:16 PM

First pic was 01/09/2018. The next pic has their reply and then another message from me on 2/25/2018.
Attached Images

(#96)
Old

Default 11-19-2019, 10:55 PM

I was going to reply to your PM, but seeing as you decided to go public with this (for whatever reason), I will respond here instead:

1) We started offering the carbon driveshafts back in 2016, which was only for the E46 M3, E92 M3 and 1M

2) You had sent us a sample oem driveshaft for measurements I believe early 2017

3) As mentioned to you at the time, we were fully committed to developing the 135i/335i fitments. 2-3 years ago, the interest in these was more than sufficient for us to produce them (i.e we had over 50+ people interested)

4) Over the new few months of 2017, design/development work had been done on the 135i/335i fitments, and we have the designs ready. Unfortunately, this was when the **** hit the fan with our carbon-tube supplier. This was very public and everyone who was interested in a driveshaft from us knows the story

5) Because of this, any design/development work had stopped. Later on in the year, we had decided to restart the carbon driveshaft project (along with the lead engineer of the previous company, whom had left J-Fiber), but would take some time to get set up. The new company/factory didn't officially start until later on in 2018

6) Finally, in January 2019, we had completed the first samples of our newly redesigned carbon driveshaft. These were for the E92 M3. This whole "project" was very public and posted on several forums. We also posted which fitments we would start to develop next and asked everyone who was still interested in a driveshaft to contact us. Please note that this was based on "previous interest/feedback".

7) The only sufficient interest we managed to get was for the E92 M3 fitments. We made the 1M fitment due to an oem customer ordering them; not because the community wanted them. For all the other fitments, E46 M3, 135i, 335i, we only had a handful of people expressing interest

8) Please note that, as a manufacturer, we cannot just make a couple of driveshafts "per fitment"; this makes zero financial sense. Our min. qty required to start production is 15pcs "per fitment" (not 15pcs combined over 135i/335i). Unfortunately, only having 1 or 2 people "per fitment" is simply not doable

9) The reason why we have the 135i AT sample available is because an oem customer ordered a batch of them, so we had a sample spare (i.e 1pc leftover). We didn't start production on this because there was sufficient interest for it in the community (there isn't); we started it because a customer ordered them. Likewise, if you wanted to order 15pcs, I will happily start production for you.

10) I am unaware that any of your PM's were missed or not replied to (with the amount of PM's we get though, it does happen unfortunately), and was NOT intentional. If you require your oem driveshaft back, I would be happy to ship it back to you.

(#97)
Old

Default Today, 01:32 PM

Quote:
I was going to reply to your PM, but seeing as you decided to go public with this (for whatever reason), I will respond here instead:

1) We started offering the carbon driveshafts back in 2016, which was only for the E46 M3, E92 M3 and 1M

2) You had sent us a sample oem driveshaft for measurements I believe early 2017

3) As mentioned to you at the time, we were fully committed to developing the 135i/335i fitments. 2-3 years ago, the interest in these was more than sufficient for us to produce them (i.e we had over 50+ people interested)

4) Over the new few months of 2017, design/development work had been done on the 135i/335i fitments, and we have the designs ready. Unfortunately, this was when the **** hit the fan with our carbon-tube supplier. This was very public and everyone who was interested in a driveshaft from us knows the story

5) Because of this, any design/development work had stopped. Later on in the year, we had decided to restart the carbon driveshaft project (along with the lead engineer of the previous company, whom had left J-Fiber), but would take some time to get set up. The new company/factory didn't officially start until later on in 2018

6) Finally, in January 2019, we had completed the first samples of our newly redesigned carbon driveshaft. These were for the E92 M3. This whole "project" was very public and posted on several forums. We also posted which fitments we would start to develop next and asked everyone who was still interested in a driveshaft to contact us. Please note that this was based on "previous interest/feedback".

7) The only sufficient interest we managed to get was for the E92 M3 fitments. We made the 1M fitment due to an oem customer ordering them; not because the community wanted them. For all the other fitments, E46 M3, 135i, 335i, we only had a handful of people expressing interest

8) Please note that, as a manufacturer, we cannot just make a couple of driveshafts "per fitment"; this makes zero financial sense. Our min. qty required to start production is 15pcs "per fitment" (not 15pcs combined over 135i/335i). Unfortunately, only having 1 or 2 people "per fitment" is simply not doable

9) The reason why we have the 135i AT sample available is because an oem customer ordered a batch of them, so we had a sample spare (i.e 1pc leftover). We didn't start production on this because there was sufficient interest for it in the community (there isn't); we started it because a customer ordered them. Likewise, if you wanted to order 15pcs, I will happily start production for you.

10) I am unaware that any of your PM's were missed or not replied to (with the amount of PM's we get though, it does happen unfortunately), and was NOT intentional. If you require your oem driveshaft back, I would be happy to ship it back to you.
Well I'm obviously a little irritated about this whole situation. I gave up something I had to help a company out and was led to believe for three years I would get something out of it. I wasted my time and money for broken promises after being a very loyal customer.

Some of your side of the story lines up, but how come in the end of September of 2018, I was told they are being tested but need some revisions? With NO mention of a DCT/335is model being ruled out? I was strung along when I could have had one made long ago and not wasted hundreds of dollars between buying another replacement DS and shipping mine to you guys.

Yes, for the at least 3rd or 4th time, I would like to get my OE driveshaft back and just be done with this. I understand things happen, and I understand the financial aspect of things, but this could've been handled a lot better and with a lot more transparency on your guys end.

(#98)
Old

Default Today, 01:35 PM

Attached
Attached Images

(#99)
Old

Default Today, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Attached
Yes, the "testing" was regarding testing of the carbon tubes, and for the E92 M3; not your specific vehicle/fitment. Why would we produce one for your vehicle/fitment when we've not yet got the confirmed interest?

we made it very clear to everyone that our first fitment(s) and priority was the E92 M3, as we had over 100+ users waiting for them.

Please could you PM me your shipping details, and I'll have the oem driveshaft returned to you.