N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#26)
Old
Rob@RBTurbo's Avatar
Rob@RBTurbo Rob@RBTurbo is offline
Stalker
 
Posts: 3,939
Join Date: Feb 2009
Car: 335I
Default 12-12-2015, 01:27 PM

All purchased kits have been shipped. We are going to go ahead and keep the intro offer open until this batch sells out! Kits come with everything that is in the picture in Post #1 and also included are 6 intake port plugs (require tapping the head port entrance).

Thanks,
Rob


See www.rbturbo.com for N54 Twin Turbo Bolt-On upgrades, or contact directly 314-630-8950 rob.rbturbo@gmail.com for a price quote.
Reply With Quote
(#27)
Old
Rob@RBTurbo's Avatar
Rob@RBTurbo Rob@RBTurbo is offline
Stalker
 
Posts: 3,939
Join Date: Feb 2009
Car: 335I
Default 12-16-2015, 09:06 AM

We shipped 6 kits, if anyone has received it or installed it appreciate feedback!

Thanks,
Rob


See www.rbturbo.com for N54 Twin Turbo Bolt-On upgrades, or contact directly 314-630-8950 rob.rbturbo@gmail.com for a price quote.
Reply With Quote
(#28)
Old
J. Dub J. Dub is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 224
Join Date: Aug 2015
Car: 335i
Default 12-16-2015, 03:52 PM

Rob, recently I bought a pcv upgrade with screw on cap from you.

Should I sell it (since it was never installed) and order this instead? I'm a newb to this n54 platform so I haven't wrapped my head around this product you're selling, fully.
Thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote
(#29)
Old
ms335i ms335i is offline
Senior Member
 
Posts: 576
Join Date: Jul 2015
Car: 2007 BMW 335i
Default 12-16-2015, 04:05 PM

So I would have to remove the valve cover and plug the ports right?
Reply With Quote
(#30)
Old
Rob@RBTurbo's Avatar
Rob@RBTurbo Rob@RBTurbo is offline
Stalker
 
Posts: 3,939
Join Date: Feb 2009
Car: 335I
Default 12-16-2015, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J. Dub
Rob, recently I bought a pcv upgrade with screw on cap from you.

Should I sell it (since it was never installed) and order this instead? I'm a newb to this n54 platform so I haven't wrapped my head around this product you're selling, fully.
Thanks in advance.
You can run that or this. This is more so if you want to run your PCV system externally, have the ability to add in an oil catch can, block off head ports, etc. I'd suggest reading the thread carefully to determine if it is for you or not. Both options are good solutions, really just depends on what you want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms335i
So I would have to remove the valve cover and plug the ports right?
You do not have to but it is a big beneficial component of the concept of the kit. In short- very highly recommended to get full benefits. I'd suggest reading the first several posts carefully for more information.


See www.rbturbo.com for N54 Twin Turbo Bolt-On upgrades, or contact directly 314-630-8950 rob.rbturbo@gmail.com for a price quote.
Reply With Quote
(#31)
Old
erichale's Avatar
erichale erichale is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 397
Join Date: May 2014
Car: 335i coupe
Default 12-16-2015, 05:45 PM

Just received mine and they look great. Will have pics soon once installed. Thanx Rob!


07 335i AT/CUSTOM 6870 GEN2 ST/VAC ENGINE AND STAGE 3 HEAD/FABFACTORY INTAKE W/PI/1000HP AD FMIC/FUEL IT STAGE 3 LPFP/HKS BOV/BL COILS/DUAL OIL COOLERS/RB EXTERNAL PCV/PD TRANY W COOLER/M3 FRONT N REAR SUSPENSION W/ROUGE BEARINGS/HOTCHKIS ADJUSTABLE END LINKS/ADUSTABLE REAR TOE ARMS AND CAMBER LINKS/EIBACH SWAYBARS/BC RACING BR COILOVERS AND CAMBER PLATES/AKG REAR SUBFRAME, DIFF, REAR SHOCK BUSHINGS/POWER FLEX BUSHINGS/WAVETRAC REAR DIFF WITH DEFIV BRACE AND VAC COVER/4IN EXHAUST
Reply With Quote
(#32)
Old
RB335Boostin RB335Boostin is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 43
Join Date: Jan 2015
Car: BMW 335i n54
Default 12-17-2015, 07:07 AM

Wow this looks awesome.

I'm having black smoke coming out of the exhaust on idle. I'm hoping it's because my factory PCV system is clogged up.

If I got this kit would it eliminate the small ports in the plastic valve cover and hopefully solve my smoking issue?

Thanks


'08 335i AT Alpina Flash~Rob Beck Turbos~Full ********* exhaust~DCI~5" Intercooler~Chargepipe BOV~BMS trunk munt METH~11.6 quarter mile 1.9 60' 😂
Reply With Quote
(#33)
Old
J. Dub J. Dub is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 224
Join Date: Aug 2015
Car: 335i
Default 12-17-2015, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erichale
Just received mine and they look great. Will have pics soon once installed. Thanx Rob!
Did it come with instructions?
Let me rephrase, did it come with instructions that a woman could follow that's never touched an engine before except to add DCI's?
Reply With Quote
(#34)
Old
Rob@RBTurbo's Avatar
Rob@RBTurbo Rob@RBTurbo is offline
Stalker
 
Posts: 3,939
Join Date: Feb 2009
Car: 335I
Default 12-17-2015, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RB335Boostin
Wow this looks awesome.

I'm having black smoke coming out of the exhaust on idle. I'm hoping it's because my factory PCV system is clogged up.

If I got this kit would it eliminate the small ports in the plastic valve cover and hopefully solve my smoking issue?

Thanks
This kit will not fix other things (outside of the PCV system) that can be amiss, so I do not want to make false promises here saying it will fix your issues to make a sale. BUT if your valve cover is clogged/cracked/etc or your valve cover gasket is deteriorated- it very well could. I'd suggest reading through the first page of this thread for details on what specifically this does.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J. Dub
Did it come with instructions?
Let me rephrase, did it come with instructions that a woman could follow that's never touched an engine before except to add DCI's?
I'll snap a couple pictures this morning of the adapters installed. It is so incredibly easy to install them. BUT once you get into plugging the head ports, it requires more efforts. As with anything on the N54, some to extensive mechanical know-how is highly recommended.


See www.rbturbo.com for N54 Twin Turbo Bolt-On upgrades, or contact directly 314-630-8950 rob.rbturbo@gmail.com for a price quote.
Reply With Quote
(#35)
Old
FCobra94 FCobra94 is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 147
Join Date: Feb 2014
Car: '07 E90 335i
Default 12-17-2015, 09:41 AM

YES! Finally, a low pressure side solution Thank you Rob for continuing to innovate on this platform!

Rob: What's the best way to order your kit?

I'll definitely be pairing this with the suggested Mishimoto; anyone finding them cheaper than $180 though? No luck on ebay.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote
(#36)
Old
Rob@RBTurbo's Avatar
Rob@RBTurbo Rob@RBTurbo is offline
Stalker
 
Posts: 3,939
Join Date: Feb 2009
Car: 335I
Default 12-17-2015, 09:49 AM

Here are pictures and descriptions.

Picture #1: The EVAP Throttle Body Interface. This is what you see on your N54 stock.

Picture #2: The EVAP Throttle Body Interface with new RB PCV Vacuum reference Point installed.

Picture #3: The new RB External PCV. Connect the nipple in Picture #2 to the nipple in Picture #3 and install is complete (without optional OCC).

Picture #4: Mishimoto catch can with RB nipples installed. Connect in between the nipple in Picture #2 and Picture #3 and install is complete (with optional OCC)
NOTE: If you install this can mount it wherever you have space. Since every under hood has its fair share of aftermarket additions, we do not have a position that is all encompassing. So look around it is not difficult to find a position to mount it. It has a mounting adapter equipped with it from Mishimoto.

All you have to do is the above, then connect each nipple (as applicable) with vacuum lines. Again blocking the head off is the ultimate solution as well, this can be done immediately or any time later, but to take full advantage of the solution the sooner the better. Also use clean engine oil on O-rings pre-install (do not install them dry).

Thanks,
Rob
Attached Images
    


See www.rbturbo.com for N54 Twin Turbo Bolt-On upgrades, or contact directly 314-630-8950 rob.rbturbo@gmail.com for a price quote.

Last edited by Rob@RBTurbo; 12-17-2015 at 10:09 AM..
Reply With Quote
(#37)
Old
Rob@RBTurbo's Avatar
Rob@RBTurbo Rob@RBTurbo is offline
Stalker
 
Posts: 3,939
Join Date: Feb 2009
Car: 335I
Default 12-17-2015, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FCobra94
YES! Finally, a low pressure side solution Thank you Rob for continuing to innovate on this platform!

Rob: What's the best way to order your kit?

I'll definitely be pairing this with the suggested Mishimoto; anyone finding them cheaper than $180 though? No luck on ebay.

Thanks!
Just did a quick search and found for $116 shipped. Please all going forward search "Mishimoto compact" and you should be fine (it is a 2 port), but prices could change we have no control over that so shop for whatever deal you can find. We also assume no responsibility for other online purchases by providing a link to shop from, so consider this only an example:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mishimoto-Co...dV5GfJ&vxp=mtr

As for the cost for this kit we have intro cost of $165 shipped (to the USA) for everything in post #1, but including head plugs as well. Paypal address is email address as listed in sig.

Thanks,
Rob


See www.rbturbo.com for N54 Twin Turbo Bolt-On upgrades, or contact directly 314-630-8950 rob.rbturbo@gmail.com for a price quote.

Last edited by Rob@RBTurbo; 12-17-2015 at 10:07 AM..
Reply With Quote
(#38)
Old
blisstik's Avatar
blisstik blisstik is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 161
Join Date: Mar 2015
Car: 2007 E92 MOTIV 750
Default 12-17-2015, 10:28 AM

Nice pics Rob.

Is there a mount or bracket for the Mishimoto CC? I'd like to make it sit next to the BMS CC for the high side.



MOTIV750 / MHD+JB4 / ADV / SB REAR O2
Reply With Quote
(#39)
Old
Rob@RBTurbo's Avatar
Rob@RBTurbo Rob@RBTurbo is offline
Stalker
 
Posts: 3,939
Join Date: Feb 2009
Car: 335I
Default 12-17-2015, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blisstik
Nice pics Rob.

Is there a mount or bracket for the Mishimoto CC? I'd like to make it sit next to the BMS CC for the high side.
Yes. It is included with the Mishimoto OCC. There is a note above referencing mounting, it is a universal style adapter that allows for mounting anywhere you have space and can drill 2 tiny holes.

Thanks,
Rob


See www.rbturbo.com for N54 Twin Turbo Bolt-On upgrades, or contact directly 314-630-8950 rob.rbturbo@gmail.com for a price quote.

Last edited by Rob@RBTurbo; 12-17-2015 at 10:46 AM..
Reply With Quote
(#40)
Old
Stucks Stucks is offline
Senior Member
 
Posts: 631
Join Date: Sep 2010
Default 12-17-2015, 10:52 AM

Wow, those pics are really helpful in knowing where everything goes with the pieces in this kit! Thanks rob!


Current: 2008 e92 335i coupe.

Previous: 2003 Honda Accord V6 coupe: AEM V2, zex 75 wet shot (sold)
Past 1998 acura integra rs: jrsc @ 6 psi and bolt ons.
Reply With Quote
(#41)
Old
blisstik's Avatar
blisstik blisstik is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 161
Join Date: Mar 2015
Car: 2007 E92 MOTIV 750
Default 12-17-2015, 10:55 AM

Please post pics of how you mounted your low side catch can. Thank you!



MOTIV750 / MHD+JB4 / ADV / SB REAR O2
Reply With Quote
(#42)
Old
Rob@RBTurbo's Avatar
Rob@RBTurbo Rob@RBTurbo is offline
Stalker
 
Posts: 3,939
Join Date: Feb 2009
Car: 335I
Default 12-17-2015, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blisstik
Please post pics of how you mounted your low side catch can. Thank you!
Our car is in a gazillion pieces, a test fitting mule, under 5+ projects at this time. I can mount the can in numerous locations right now, but it may not be the final resting place. Best bet is to mount wherever works for YOU on your particular car. As stated you can mount the OCC wherever you wish, not run an OCC at all, or stick with the OEM PCV system altogether. Up to you. This kit is only a means to get something accomplished.

Thanks,
Rob


See www.rbturbo.com for N54 Twin Turbo Bolt-On upgrades, or contact directly 314-630-8950 rob.rbturbo@gmail.com for a price quote.
Reply With Quote
(#43)
Old
FCobra94 FCobra94 is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 147
Join Date: Feb 2014
Car: '07 E90 335i
Default 12-17-2015, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob@RBTurbo
Just did a quick search and found for $116 shipped. Please all going forward search "Mishimoto compact" and you should be fine (it is a 2 port), but prices could change we have no control over that so shop for whatever deal you can find. We also assume no responsibility for other online purchases by providing a link to shop from, so consider this only an example:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mishimoto-Co...dV5GfJ&vxp=mtr

As for the cost for this kit we have intro cost of $165 shipped (to the USA) for everything in post #1, but including head plugs as well. Paypal address is email address as listed in sig.

Thanks,
Rob
No worries; yeah, Amazon actually has it for $100 in case anyone else is interested
http://www.amazon.com/Mishimoto-MMBC.../**/B00OBEP51K
Reply With Quote
(#44)
Old
Rob@RBTurbo's Avatar
Rob@RBTurbo Rob@RBTurbo is offline
Stalker
 
Posts: 3,939
Join Date: Feb 2009
Car: 335I
Default 12-17-2015, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FCobra94
No worries; yeah, Amazon actually has it for $100 in case anyone else is interested
http://www.amazon.com/Mishimoto-MMBC.../**/B00OBEP51K
That is a really good deal! By the way do not order the extra adapters from Mishimoto (they are an option from them) as I include the exact ones needed with the RB kit standard.

Thanks,
Rob


See www.rbturbo.com for N54 Twin Turbo Bolt-On upgrades, or contact directly 314-630-8950 rob.rbturbo@gmail.com for a price quote.
Reply With Quote
(#45)
Old
Rob@RBTurbo's Avatar
Rob@RBTurbo Rob@RBTurbo is offline
Stalker
 
Posts: 3,939
Join Date: Feb 2009
Car: 335I
Default 12-19-2015, 09:28 AM

Few more of these kits were shipped last week. Looks like we have about 10 more sets available yet available at the intro offer.

Thanks,
Rob


See www.rbturbo.com for N54 Twin Turbo Bolt-On upgrades, or contact directly 314-630-8950 rob.rbturbo@gmail.com for a price quote.
Reply With Quote
(#46)
Old
Rob@RBTurbo's Avatar
Rob@RBTurbo Rob@RBTurbo is offline
Stalker
 
Posts: 3,939
Join Date: Feb 2009
Car: 335I
Default 12-20-2015, 05:55 PM

Few more kits going out tomorrow... around 7 sets left.


See www.rbturbo.com for N54 Twin Turbo Bolt-On upgrades, or contact directly 314-630-8950 rob.rbturbo@gmail.com for a price quote.
Reply With Quote
(#47)
Old
bdhh's Avatar
bdhh bdhh is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 114
Join Date: Aug 2015
Car: 2008 335i convertible
Default 12-20-2015, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob@RBTurbo
Few more kits going out tomorrow... around 7 sets left.
Rob
Did you get my paypal I sent yesterday?
Barry H.


2008 BMW 335i Convertible
ADE Bottom Mount 6062 Single
VRSF Charge Pipe & 7in intercooler Tial BOV,
Ign Project Plasma Coils & grounds
Robs High & low side Catch Cans with
head plugs.
Diff Brace, Fuel it stage 2 & Meth Port Injection
Aquamist HSF-4 Meth injection
Alpina Flash
BMW PE Mufflers
MDH Flash
Line lock & 16in Drag Radials

11.7 ET, 1.8 60ft, 122mph
Reply With Quote
(#48)
Old
Rob@RBTurbo's Avatar
Rob@RBTurbo Rob@RBTurbo is offline
Stalker
 
Posts: 3,939
Join Date: Feb 2009
Car: 335I
Default 12-20-2015, 11:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdhh
Rob
Did you get my paypal I sent yesterday?
Barry H.
Yes you are one of a few going out tomorrow. Thanks!


See www.rbturbo.com for N54 Twin Turbo Bolt-On upgrades, or contact directly 314-630-8950 rob.rbturbo@gmail.com for a price quote.
Reply With Quote
(#49)
Old
FCobra94 FCobra94 is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 147
Join Date: Feb 2014
Car: '07 E90 335i
Default 12-21-2015, 05:28 PM

Got my parts in today, thanks Rob! Top notch pieces, as always.

For future reference, what's the suggested method for swapping out the Toyota valve when the time comes? Didn't want to damage the rubber grommet experimenting trying to get the pieces separated.

Thanks again
Reply With Quote
(#50)
Old
Rob@RBTurbo's Avatar
Rob@RBTurbo Rob@RBTurbo is offline
Stalker
 
Posts: 3,939
Join Date: Feb 2009
Car: 335I
Default 12-22-2015, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FCobra94
Got my parts in today, thanks Rob! Top notch pieces, as always.

For future reference, what's the suggested method for swapping out the Toyota valve when the time comes? Didn't want to damage the rubber grommet experimenting trying to get the pieces separated.

Thanks again
Just pull it out of the adapter, and push in a new one!

Rob


See www.rbturbo.com for N54 Twin Turbo Bolt-On upgrades, or contact directly 314-630-8950 rob.rbturbo@gmail.com for a price quote.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




vBulletin Skin developed by: vBStyles.com
Copyright 2007 - 2018, N54tech.com