N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default VM Top Mount ST Dyno - 07-27-2014, 10:49 AM

Hey guys, sorry for the delay. I know you have all be waiting for this as we have too. Finally had time to strap it on the dyno. Here is the car with the mod list:

E90 335i with VM Top mount ST kit, Comp 6465 Twin Scroll turbo.
VRSF 7" Intercooler
VRSF CP w/ Tial BOV
BMS Meth kit w/ Two CM10 Nozzle
255 Inline pump
Spec Stage 3+ W/ Steel SMFW
Full Stock Exhaust
JB4 with BB ST Flash

We did some conservative tuning and testing, so these numbers are not even close to max. We used e40 Blend of fuel with 100%Meth. Tested to 26 psi and made 670whp 600wtq. Fuel trims and AFR are perfect where it should be at.

We tried to up the boost but I guess that's as far as it can go with the 12 psi wastegate springs. That's the reason why boost starts to taper down near redline. We will redyno again in a couple of weeks with new WG spring and higher boost.

Can't thank @Terry@BMS enough for helping us with our kit and tuning. There is no substitute when it comes to tuning your N54, Burger Motorsports is the best.

Dyno, Log, and Datazap link:

CSV file 26 PSI E40 Blend 100% Meth Dyno Log

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Last edited by Payam @ BMS; 07-27-2014 at 10:56 AM..
(#2)
Old

Car: 335xi
Default 07-27-2014, 11:09 AM

That's damn powerful! How is it as a DD? Manual transmission?
(#3)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 07-27-2014, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffman
That's damn powerful! How is it as a DD? Manual transmission?
Amazing DD, I have great response and nice low end torque for such a big turbo. Manual Tranny is the only way to go

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#4)
Old

Car: E92
Default 07-27-2014, 12:09 PM

Great results.

How does this turbo compare flow wise to precision turbos??

TS N54

Last edited by The Leopard; 07-27-2014 at 04:56 PM..
(#5)
Old

Car: 2011 e92 335xi
Default 07-27-2014, 12:38 PM

Awesome results, glad to hear the project is near finished. Will you be making this kit available?

Also, any driving videos!?
(#6)
Old

Car: 335i
Default 07-27-2014, 01:45 PM

Any AT's running the Top Mount?
(#7)
Old
Demigod

Car: 12' 135i
Default 07-27-2014, 01:52 PM

That's what I saw on his Instagram! Can't be upset with those numbers, more than enough for the street haha

18 Glacier white RS3
#PURETURBOS
#FUELIT
(#8)
Old
BMS Customer Service

Car: bmw 335i
Default 07-27-2014, 10:44 PM

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, and S63s!

(#9)
Old

Car: 135i
Default 07-27-2014, 11:04 PM

That's some serious power now make me a RHD version.

Can't wait to see your results from the next 1/2 mile event.

135i - JB4 15ohm l Mr 5 Intake l AA C@tless ********* l ETS Intercooler l BMS Methanol Injection l Berk Tech Mids l Berk Tech Axleback l BMS OCC l ER CP l Turbosmart BOV's. SOLD

335i DCT - JB4 G5 ISO l AA C@tless ********* l ETS Intercooler l Custom Intake l Meth l BMS E85 Flash l BMS OCC l ER CP l Walbro 255 l Turbosmart BOV's. CURRENT
(#10)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 07-28-2014, 12:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Leopard
Great results.

How does this turbo compare flow wise to precision turbos??
Looks like she's on par with the 6466 for now. I'm loving these results.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iuhutch
Awesome results, glad to hear the project is near finished. Will you be making this kit available?

Also, any driving videos!?
Yessir, group buy will be soon. Bimmer boost forum is where we are vendors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Single335i
Any AT's running the Top Mount?
We will have one running shortly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newguy123
That's what I saw on his Instagram! Can't be upset with those numbers, more than enough for the street haha
More than enough. LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Dog
That's some serious power now make me a RHD version.

Can't wait to see your results from the next 1/2 mile event.
Come down again man, I'll give you a ride!!

Burger Motorsports

(#11)
Old

Car: E92
Default 07-28-2014, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastGti69
Looks like she's on par with the 6466 for now. I'm loving these results.
Yeah, but the spool is much better going by this one run. Can you post a multi-gear log? The 6466 loses spool between shifts.

TS N54
(#12)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 07-28-2014, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Leopard
Yeah, but the spool is much better going by this one run. Can you post a multi-gear log? The 6466 loses spool between shifts.
Here is the log.

http://www.***********/u/fastgti69/e4...log=0&data=1-4

Here is Terrys Top mount with 5862PTE layed over our top mount Comp 6465 :D

Burger Motorsports