N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default My N54 Top Mount Project - 04-07-2014, 04:41 AM

So I'm sure you all know I've been working on a kit. I didn't want to come out with any teasers or any bull****. I come out with everything. The whole process took 5 weeks exactly, and it started right up today.

I don't like to **** around with my projects I got videos, pictures, logs... yea the whole shabang. Enjoy and ask all the questions you'd like.

I put in 5 gallons e85 and 6 gallons 91 so I'd say somewhere around e50 blend.
Here is log 1 Map 4 wastegate spring pressure 12 psi.

Log 2 Map 1 15 psi

Log 3 Map 2 17 psi

If you don't like that I also got the Datazap link for the logs:
http://www.***********/u/fastgti69/single-turbo

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#2)
Old

Car: 2007 BMW 335i
Default 04-07-2014, 05:26 AM

Awesome!! You need a gopro lol! I got to do this to my car.

07 335i sleeper - PT5858 single turbo - stock exhaust - stock wheels
(#3)
Old

Car: 09 e90 335
Default 04-07-2014, 06:04 AM

Dude that is awesome, nice work! Can't wait to see more on this project.
(#4)
Old

Car: 2008 E92
Default 04-07-2014, 07:26 AM

Great work man, you reaction in the vids was priceless! What a/r are you running, when are you seeing max boost, did you do a full exhaust & lastly how's that top end charge feel?

2008 Sparking Graphite 335i 6MT Coupe - JB4/FFTEC
2007 Montego Blue 335i 6AT Sedan
(#5)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 04-07-2014, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaizon
Great work man, you reaction in the vids was priceless! What a/r are you running, when are you seeing max boost, did you do a full exhaust & lastly how's that top end charge feel?
I am running a twin scroll t4 .84 ar with3" vband discharge on a Comp 6465, triple bb billet wheel. It looks like I'm seeing 15psi at 3500 rpm or so which is the same spool as Terrys 5862.

Manifold design and equal mergers are very important for velocity and flow which is different than all other single turbo kits out on the market. I can't wait till Terry gets his hands on this to fine tune it, I'm sure he will enjoy it.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#6)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 04-11-2014, 06:32 PM

Terry has the log of the run. 593 whp 540wtq ms109 23 psi, couldnt go to redline because of stock DMFW. The car would misfire anything above 6100 so we kept that the redline. Once I get a clutch and SMFW I can up the boost and rev it out etc.

Burger Motorsports

(#7)
Old

Car: 335i DCT
Default 04-11-2014, 10:19 PM

What's a DMFW?
(#8)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 04-12-2014, 12:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dx1541
What's a DMFW?
Dual mass flywheel.

Burger Motorsports

(#9)
Old

Car: 2011 E90 335i
Default 04-12-2014, 01:11 AM

very well done

2011 BSM 335i E90 MTECH 6MT BMS Intake Vishnu c@t less ** Cyba Scoops LUX V4 H8 6000K Headlight/Fog light Morimoto Euro headlight switch ACS roof wing 35% tint Black Grilles Misc coding JB4 Stage 2 AA charge pipe Vrsf 7" FMIC M3 cluster
(#10)
Old

Car: 08 E92 335xi
Default 04-12-2014, 05:50 AM

300wtq below 3k... Nice!
(#11)
Old
Band

Car: 135i
Default 04-12-2014, 05:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastGti69
So I'm sure you all know I've been working on a kit. I didn't want to come out with any teasers or any bull****. I come out with everything. The whole process took 5 weeks exactly, and it started right up today.

I don't like to **** around with my projects I got videos, pictures, logs... yea the whole shabang. Enjoy and ask all the questions you'd like.

I put in 5 gallons e85 and 6 gallons 91 so I'd say somewhere around e50 blend.
Here is log 1 Map 4 wastegate spring pressure 12 psi.

Log 2 Map 1 15 psi

If you don't like that I also got the Datazap link for the logs:
http://www.***********/u/fastgti69/single-turbo
I am having TLM Racing (miami) do a rebuild to forged internals with VAC's help on my 135. FFtec is supplying the 5862 bottom mount. I am feeling good about getting a 550rwhp daily driver based on all the numbers I have seen from guys like you and Terry. The race map is still TBD. A safe 650-700 is not unrealistic.

Vae Victis!

If you are not going Juice Box then you are going slow.
(#12)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 04-12-2014, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Times
300wtq below 3k... Nice!
Yea, it has a nice low end pull. If I need to pass somebody I don't need to drop the gear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleM
I am having TLM Racing (miami) do a rebuild to forged internals with VAC's help on my 135. FFtec is supplying the 5862 bottom mount. I am feeling good about getting a 550rwhp daily driver based on all the numbers I have seen from guys like you and Terry. The race map is still TBD. A safe 650-700 is not unrealistic.
Sweet brotha, your car will be an animal with the built motor.

Burger Motorsports

(#13)
Old
Band

Default 04-12-2014, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Sweet brotha, your car will be an animal with the built motor.
Looks like you have your animal. I have a few months to wait, all these special order parts while I love their existence, they are not readily available. . arrrgggg!

Vae Victis!

If you are not going Juice Box then you are going slow.
(#14)
Old

Car: E92 335i 6MT
Default 04-12-2014, 03:58 PM

Quote:
I am running a twin scroll t4 .84 ar with3" vband discharge on a Comp 6465, triple bb billet wheel. It looks like I'm seeing 15psi at 3500 rpm or so which is the same spool as Terrys 5862.

Manifold design and equal mergers are very important for velocity and flow which is different than all other single turbo kits out on the market. I can't wait till Terry gets his hands on this to fine tune it, I'm sure he will enjoy it.
I would not spend money on a single kit that did not have equal length runners and a twin scroll divided housing.

Properly designed long tube headers and exhaust can blow papers off of a desk 10 feet away at idle.
(#15)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 04-12-2014, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by v8bait
I would not spend money on a single kit that did not have equal length runners and a twin scroll divided housing.

Properly designed long tube headers and exhaust can blow papers off of a desk 10 feet away at idle.
Our fabricators took their time on this manifold to ensure the best flow. They build manifolds for 2-4k hp cars. My car was childs play for them. I showed them the FFTEC manifold, no joke. They're like "We're making a simple manifold? That looks like elementary school work." - Not putting FFTEC down at all as they build the best stuff on the market for us.

Although, I have no clue to exactly what they meant at first. Now they showed me the details of the manifold when finished and I finally understand. There will be more info on this kit soon. We have a few people lined up here for this kit.

Burger Motorsports

(#16)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-12-2014, 08:13 PM

Nice numbers and great job...happen to have a log for that Dyno run?

These ST cars have to be such a rush!

Kudo's man!

Click on our banner to visit our website!
Video of our Stage 2 LPFP upgrade installation.

BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways.
(#17)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 04-12-2014, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveAZ
Nice numbers and great job...happen to have a log for that Dyno run?

These ST cars have to be such a rush!

Kudo's man!
Thank you Steve! The car is on another level of fast, something I did not expect.

Here you go brotha!

http://***********/u/fastgti69/n54-si...log=0&data=1-4

Burger Motorsports

(#18)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-12-2014, 08:35 PM

Hot DAMN!

25psi...you are crankin!

5th gear log? Did it really kick down to 4th or did the DME get confused?

I tip my hat to you sir

Do you (or Terry) know why the DMFW causes misfires above 6K?

Click on our banner to visit our website!
Video of our Stage 2 LPFP upgrade installation.

BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways.
(#19)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 04-13-2014, 02:05 AM

Haha, yea we just wanted to see how much we could get up to with the fueling and stuff. 4th gear the clutch started slipping, Terry said why not try 5th gear. So we did a 5th gear and it held up LOL.

AFAIK Shiv was getting misfire with HIGH hp cars like this on a manual tranny with DMFW. It was due to the vibration or something and the sensor would think it was a misfire or something. It wasn't an actual misfire if I remember correctly. The car would go into limp mode tho and clear codes yada yada.

Here is the thread!! http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...ire+cylinder+1

So imagine with a better flowing exhaust, full ms109 without any other crap in there and a nice rev to 7-7.3k I see 640 whp as others are at with the same psi and fuel. One thing I notice is, that I spool just as well as the 5862 and make as much power as the 6466. I have great low end torque and response is fantastic. I would like Terry to take my car for a spin for himself.

Burger Motorsports