N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default Just got my 335!! - 10-02-2013, 09:37 AM

Just got a 335 a couple of days ago. Luckily, Terry is 15 minutes away from me. Some of you guys might know me with the Cobalt SS. I still have it but it's going for sale ASAP.

I got myself an 07 e90 335i with 60k miles. Montego blue, with black interior. It is fully loaded to the max.

I already installed Jb4, DCI and the clutch stop.
I have the ** and clutch valve I'll be installing a little later.

I was wondering since I'm just using the JB4 and the DCI on 91 octane. Would I be better off with Map 1 or Map 5. I've searched a lot but a lot of ppl are using 93 and say Map 2.

Any other future mod recommendations would be helpful. I'm looking at an intercooler next and possible I heard a catch can is needed too.
(#2)
Old

Car: 2009 135i
Default 10-02-2013, 09:48 AM

Congrats. Run whatever map feels better to you.
(#3)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 10-02-2013, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrewRifle
Congrats. Run whatever map feels better to you.
Thank you sir. Well both maps feel good. I want to know what is better for the engine in general in my position. I'll probably stick with map 5 for now.
(#4)
Old
I love me some used mods!

Car: nothing at the moment....
Default 10-02-2013, 10:00 AM

Nice car and it even came with blacklines! Was it modded that you know of?

Try both maps, but you'll probably like Map 5 better.

Look into the BB BMS flash as well....I ran into fueling issues with the G5 and the backend flash straightened it out. Plus, it's free!

PS I hate you that you live so close to Terry .....lucky dog

COBB AP|CP-e|ETS|ER|Forge DVs|KW V1|M3 Sways|BBS CH|BMS|
(#5)
Old

Car: 2011 E90 335i
Default 10-02-2013, 10:07 AM

Great pick up

2011 BSM 335i E90 MTECH 6MT BMS Intake Vishnu c@t less ** Cyba Scoops LUX V4 H8 6000K Headlight/Fog light Morimoto Euro headlight switch ACS roof wing 35% tint Black Grilles Misc coding JB4 Stage 2 AA charge pipe Vrsf 7" FMIC M3 cluster
(#6)
Old

Car: N54 e90
Default 10-02-2013, 10:32 AM

Love the Blue.
(#7)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 10-02-2013, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdaddycain
Nice car and it even came with blacklines! Was it modded that you know of?

Try both maps, but you'll probably like Map 5 better.

Look into the BB BMS flash as well....I ran into fueling issues with the G5 and the backend flash straightened it out. Plus, it's free!

PS I hate you that you live so close to Terry .....lucky dog
Thank you! Yea i saw yhe tail lights hahah. I believe it was modded. When i was dping the dci and the jb4 install. Clips n stuff were broken n missing haha.
Bb bms flash. I heard of it. I need tp talk to terry about it.
Terry helped me out with my cobalt too before when were at a 1/2 airstrip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by j23a45m
Great pick up
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquajon
Love the Blue.
Thank you guys!
(#8)
Old

Car: E30 m3 ,335i
Default 10-02-2013, 12:37 PM

Congrats im new to my 335i too.
I' m not new to bmws.
I had a highly modified e36 before and my dream car is fully moded with all evo 3 and dtm parts e30 m3.I don't want to modify or push the car to far for gas milage and reliability sake.it is really hard for me not to mod a car lol.the 335i is my daily driver so worried to over mod and cuase issues like i have with my other modded cars in past.
I bought just the jb+ plug and play I figure easy to put in and out and low boost not to drastic.I bought the afe dual cone intake and the m3 cowl.The parts are not even here yet.
In future I'm thinking a vrsf intercooler .I have a warranty on car for another 4 years and 88k on top my 41k on car.I know not supposed mod car so its all easly changeable .
I bought a 2008. 4dr love it.your car looks great love colors.let me know what you think about your mods thanks best to you.
(#9)
Old

Car: 2008 335i
Default 10-02-2013, 01:06 PM

Congrats! I'm also new to a 335i, I picked a Montego blue 2008 e92 a few months. I love it...Enjoy!

2008 335i E92
(#10)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 10-02-2013, 10:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtme30m3
Congrats im new to my 335i too.
I' m not new to bmws.
I had a highly modified e36 before and my dream car is fully moded with all evo 3 and dtm parts e30 m3.I don't want to modify or push the car to far for gas milage and reliability sake.it is really hard for me not to mod a car lol.the 335i is my daily driver so worried to over mod and cuase issues like i have with my other modded cars in past.
I bought just the jb+ plug and play I figure easy to put in and out and low boost not to drastic.I bought the afe dual cone intake and the m3 cowl.The parts are not even here yet.
In future I'm thinking a vrsf intercooler .I have a warranty on car for another 4 years and 88k on top my 41k on car.I know not supposed mod car so its all easly changeable .
I bought a 2008. 4dr love it.your car looks great love colors.let me know what you think about your mods thanks best to you.
For now I love the DCI and the tune. It's a sleeper and so quiet i love how comfortable the car is lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveNJ80
Congrats! I'm also new to a 335i, I picked a Montego blue 2008 e92 a few months. I love it...Enjoy!
Thanks a lot bro!! I feel the exact same way lol.

Do any of you guys know what the BMS Flash it? I have the JB4 g5 ISO AFAIK. What is this flash though? One of my buddies on bimmerboost was telling me about it. Terry cracking 400whp on 91 with FBO?
(#11)
Old

Car: E30 m3 ,335i
Default 10-02-2013, 11:17 PM

The inter cooler and catch can are on my list.I know when you flash a ecu you are downloading a map sounds like a update .check out his site it tells you about his tunes.the obd1 cars i put a chip in ecu and a obd2 I downloaded a flashed the ecu .I have a miller war chip in my e30 m3 its interesting cuase you install chip in the ecu than it has a USB that goes in chip and I can tune my car with laptop.from what I know you can do the same with your jb4 set up.I read on here bms has tunes you would flash on your car.well I'm newbie to this car and these products so take what I said with grain off salt best to search it.
I for one would not run high boost on this car or any without meth injection.I owned a sc car on low boost 7 psi and for me go to 9-10 safely needed methonal injection or big inter cooler.on a turbo car it i even more important to run methonal if running higher boost.from what I know to do 400whp the boost is pretty high like 17-18 offcourse depends on other mods done to car.we know turbos run hot so need to cool that air.
(#12)
Old

Car: E36 BMW
Default 10-03-2013, 12:14 AM

If you need any help in future modding, feel free to give me a holler

Daniel | Owner
DMRinstall@gmail.com

www.Dr-Euro.com
Follow Our *New* Mobile Install Thread HERE
(#13)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 10-03-2013, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtme30m3
The inter cooler and catch can are on my list.I know when you flash a ecu you are downloading a map sounds like a update .check out his site it tells you about his tunes.the obd1 cars i put a chip in ecu and a obd2 I downloaded a flashed the ecu .I have a miller war chip in my e30 m3 its interesting cuase you install chip in the ecu than it has a USB that goes in chip and I can tune my car with laptop.from what I know you can do the same with your jb4 set up.I read on here bms has tunes you would flash on your car.well I'm newbie to this car and these products so take what I said with grain off salt best to search it.
I for one would not run high boost on this car or any without meth injection.I owned a sc car on low boost 7 psi and for me go to 9-10 safely needed methonal injection or big inter cooler.on a turbo car it i even more important to run methonal if running higher boost.from what I know to do 400whp the boost is pretty high like 17-18 offcourse depends on other mods done to car.we know turbos run hot so need to cool that air.
Yea lol, I know. I'm not gonna be running more than 14 psi or so without racegas. I'm familiar with turbo cars. My Cobalt ss was fully built and big turbo, but it just never worked right. I was supposed to be in the 500+whp range but yea. I don't even want to talk about it. For now I'm gonna rock the JB4 and DCI on map 5. Maybe later I'll mix some e85 in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr-Euro
If you need any help in future modding, feel free to give me a holler
Sweet! Thank you for that, will definitely keep in touch.
(#14)
Old

Default 10-03-2013, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastGti69
For now I'm gonna rock the JB4 and DCI on map 5. Maybe later I'll mix some e85 in.
that won't last long....if you modded your Cobalt, the mod bug (disease) will come back and you'll do FBO on the 335.

It's ok though....us junkies must stick together.

(#15)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 10-03-2013, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdaddycain
that won't last long....if you modded your Cobalt, the mod bug (disease) will come back and you'll do FBO on the 335.

It's ok though....us junkies must stick together.
I will definitely being doing a lot of mods. I'm going for a custom single kit.
Haha, my balt was not like any other balt though. I put a big turbo on that, built the motor etc. Here's a video of me at shift sector last year. This was on the stock motor and the smaller of the two big turbos I had on the car.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AIQoIOLBPyg
(#16)
Old

Default 10-03-2013, 06:24 PM

just don't buy a Shiv single

nice runs....

(#17)
Old
Tuner

Car: 135i
Default 10-03-2013, 07:22 PM

Check for an oil cooler...

Nice car...congrats...

Click on our banner to visit our website!
Video of our Stage 2 LPFP upgrade installation.

BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways.
(#18)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 10-03-2013, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveAZ
Check for an oil cooler...

Nice car...congrats...
I have the upgraded oil cooler from factory AFAIK I checked the passenger wheel well. Thank you!
(#19)
Old

Car: 09 335i xDrive 6spd
Default 10-03-2013, 07:58 PM

In regards to what map runs the best I would say do some logs on map 1, 2, and 5 then either post them up here or email them in to Terry. Whichever one feels the best to you and shows up running well on the logs is what you should run. Congrats on the car!

< Click picture for photoshoot
E90 335i xDrive 6spd, Nav, Prem, Cold Weather, & Sports package - Msport Conversion
Mods: JB4 + MHD, Doc Race ST, Pure 6266, AD-Eng PI/Mounts, Fuel-It st. 3, Custom Exhaust, Tuned by TwistedTuning
More Pictures: Build Thread /// Dyno Soon to Come
(#20)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 10-03-2013, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by psmitty95
In regards to what map runs the best I would say do some logs on map 1, 2, and 5 then either post them up here or email them in to Terry. Whichever one feels the best to you and shows up running well on the logs is what you should run. Congrats on the car!
Thanks buddy! I'm gonna try and learn how to log with this car etc. I'm guessing it's probably the same thing as my cobalt was, or something similar. I wonder how that BB flash is..
(#21)
Old

Car: 09 335i xDrive 6spd
Default 10-03-2013, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastGti69
Thanks buddy! I'm gonna try and learn how to log with this car etc. I'm guessing it's probably the same thing as my cobalt was, or something similar. I wonder how that BB flash is..
I'm loving my flash so would definitely recommend you get it whenever you can. Much smoother throttle response and more low end torque If you have any questions about anything feel free to PM me, I enjoy helping people that need it and are willing to learn

< Click picture for photoshoot
E90 335i xDrive 6spd, Nav, Prem, Cold Weather, & Sports package - Msport Conversion
Mods: JB4 + MHD, Doc Race ST, Pure 6266, AD-Eng PI/Mounts, Fuel-It st. 3, Custom Exhaust, Tuned by TwistedTuning
More Pictures: Build Thread /// Dyno Soon to Come
(#22)
Old

Car: 335
Default 10-04-2013, 11:55 AM

intake valve cleaning asap and spark plugs, oil change... must before tuning
(#23)
Old

Car: E92
Default 10-04-2013, 12:26 PM

Quote:
It is fully loaded to the max
'fully loaded' is a gimmick to sell it to the old people to lawyers to soccer moms. You want less loaded car = lighter = better performance
(#24)
Old

Car: 335i coupe
Default 10-04-2013, 10:32 PM

for what its worth i run map 5 , dci and about 4 gallons of e85 and the car is amazing. ive read other guys dyno with the same and get about 420 to the wheels. makes my dd more fun but doesnt wear the car to much
(#25)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 10-05-2013, 12:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by punchitchewie
for what its worth i run map 5 , dci and about 4 gallons of e85 and the car is amazing. ive read other guys dyno with the same and get about 420 to the wheels. makes my dd more fun but doesnt wear the car to much
Exactly what I'm doing tomorrow!! Map 5 and 4 gallons of e85 with the DCI as well. I want to do the BB flash. My buddy just got it and he said on 91 its like Map 7. I don't understand how LOL