Default 10-15-2013, 09:04 AM

Thank you very much, very helpful post!
(#52)
Old

Car: F10 535xdrive
Default 10-15-2013, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by az335iat
How to build the table or how to come up with the table values?

I assume the latter..... No.
If you do not have an idea of what boost curve you want to run then it is best not to be building your on boost curves.

If you do know what curve you want to run then just load those values into the table at the indicated RPM points and the JB4 builds the curve.
Note: If spraying, the meth adder value will be added to the Map 6 base curve.

I thought you said you were happy with your car and were going to quit playing with it.

JM $0.02 but if you keep on your present course your journey will not end well.

First Thank you for the info. I am very happy with the car and I'm only asking because Terry had suggested a custom map to potentially address the issue I was having in 3rd gear. If I'm not able to determine the cause, I thought that one option would be to lower the boost target in the low rpm range of 3rd gear, not looking to increase it. I agree with you about pushing the engine further not ending well. At this point I'm only trying to fine tune what I have, getting fuel/meth mixtures at levels that generate power and keep the engine running safely.

2011 F10 N55 xDrive MSport
BMS JB4 STG 2, BMS SCI, COBB FMIC, Dr. Euro CTLS ** AA Custom CP, MEISTERSCHAFT GTS
Triple Mishimoto 12" fans, with Dual Drerale Controllers
Flex Fuel Connectors, 45% E85
BMS 2.3 METH Kit, 30% tint, BMS HID Fogs
(#53)
Old

Default 10-16-2013, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by az335iat
Ability to run higher E85 mixes....if your fuel pumps are up to the task.
Higher AFR ratios which help the fuel pump problem.
For auto transmission cars higher load targets with quicker shifts and better timing post upshift when short shifting.

You could run a custom map 6 or just run map 7 and see how it looks.
Your not going to be leaving a lot on the table with a maxed out map 5.
Thanks AZ

my 135i is stock down to the paper filter with only the Jb4G5 ISO FIRMver 23 on map 5 with 45% E85. I am seeing a max of 16.7psi with stable low fuel pressure. I assumed this is about as good as it gets with the current setup.

FMIC and AR coated ********* going on over the winter.
(#54)
Old
Tuner

Car: 2009 335i AT
Cool 10-16-2013, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 135iam
Thanks AZ

my 135i is stock down to the paper filter with only the Jb4G5 ISO FIRMver 23 on map 5 with 45% E85. I am seeing a max of 16.7psi with stable low fuel pressure. I assumed this is about as good as it gets with the current setup.

FMIC and AR coated ********* going on over the winter.
Yes that is about all your going to get.... especially with E85 turning into E70.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#55)
Old

Car: 2011 e92 335xi
Default 01-20-2014, 12:26 PM

Hey Russell, for FP-L is that displayed in the csv as ffpid (N55 ISO 5.3)?

Quote:
This value typically ranges from 55-70psi. If dropping below 50psi it indicates a problem
Is this range ideal all the time or only under WOT?

My log from yesterday is attached...avg ffpid is 29...thoughts?
(#56)
Old
Tuner

Cool 01-20-2014, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iuhutch
Hey Russell, for FP-L is that displayed in the csv as ffpid (N55 ISO 5.3)?

Is this range ideal all the time or only under WOT?

My log from yesterday is attached...avg ffpid is 29...thoughts?
No. Sorry, FP L is not not logged for the N55.
FFpid is a calculation for the expected amount of PWM under high loads.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#57)
Old

Default 01-20-2014, 06:05 PM

So no way to tell if we're over running e85? You guys know of a n55 running or needing to run an inline?
(#58)
Old
Tuner

Cool 01-20-2014, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iuhutch
So no way to tell if we're over running e85? You guys know of a n55 running or needing to run an inline?
Not if you stay under 50% E85 during the summer.

Burger Motorsports

(#59)
Old

Default 01-20-2014, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell @ BMS
Not if you stay under 50% E85 during the summer.
Are we maxed at that? Can I try 60-75% with inline?
(#60)
Old
Tuner

Cool 01-21-2014, 10:27 AM

You can try anything you like.

You just have to live with the consequences.

Burger Motorsports

(#61)
Old
Legend

Car: BMW E90 335XI
Default 01-22-2014, 06:19 PM

I don't want to purchase inline pump because of no ethanol selling in gas stations in Turkey. I just want to use ethanol when rolling in a Month to provide me a bit more power. So, should I use %30,%40 ethanol at map3 with factory fuel pump ? My car is 2007 335xi fbo+Rb turbos.
Thanks in advance.
(#62)
Old

Car: 2012 335xi n55
Default 04-03-2014, 07:59 AM

anyone tried running jb4 on top of GIAC stg1?
Im about to buy a car that already has the giac on it

any input would help,

thanks
(#63)
Old
Tuner

Cool 04-03-2014, 08:10 AM

Go back to stock flash first. I believe you will not be able to save GIAC flash if you want to try other free flashes in the future.

Burger Motorsports

(#64)
Old

Default 04-03-2014, 03:16 PM

am making a map 6 and plan on using meth as well. With the meth settings portion does it add boost in map 6 per the methenol settings tab boost additive section or does it just go by the boost requested on the map 6 column? Basically I want to know if it will request 18 psi or 24.5 on map 6 with a meth additive of 6.5?
(#65)
Old

Default 04-03-2014, 03:39 PM

Quote:
How to build the table or how to come up with the table values?

I assume the latter..... No.
If you do not have an idea of what boost curve you want to run then it is best not to be building your on boost curves.

If you do know what curve you want to run then just load those values into the table at the indicated RPM points and the JB4 builds the curve.
Note: If spraying, the meth adder value will be added to the Map 6 base curve.

I thought you said you were happy with your car and were going to quit playing with it.

JM $0.02 but if you keep on your present course your journey will not end well.
I found the answer I was looking for here. Next question would be if I set the add to zero will meth still flow or do I have to set it to something low like 10 to make sure that meth flows. Thanks in advance.
(#66)
Old

Car: 2012 335xi n55
Default 04-08-2014, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Go back to stock flash first. I believe you will not be able to save GIAC flash if you want to try other free flashes in the future.
True, but I read in another tread that the back end flash doesn't work with the 2012 N55, any updates on this?
(#67)
Old
Tuner

Cool 04-08-2014, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJz
I found the answer I was looking for here. Next question would be if I set the add to zero will meth still flow or do I have to set it to something low like 10 to make sure that meth flows. Thanks in advance.
Meth still flow with a zero adder.

Burger Motorsports

(#68)
Old
Tuner

Cool 04-08-2014, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrodrig4
True, but I read in another tread that the back end flash doesn't work with the 2012 N55, any updates on this?
You will have to ask Terry.

Burger Motorsports

(#69)
Old

Car: 135 I N54
Default 04-09-2014, 10:06 AM

Russell your feed back it is excellent!!!

It is possible to post my logs from tonight to help me to check if my car runs ok?

135I - 6 MT -JB4 G5 ISO Map 3 - BB Race Flash - Riss Rasing ******* ** - AFE CAIs - BMS SDL - 93 Octanes - Sistem X wather meth - SPEC 2+ - RB Twins!!
(#70)
Old
Tuner

Cool 04-09-2014, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex!
Russell your feed back it is excellent!!!

It is possible to post my logs from tonight to help me to check if my car runs ok?
Sure... just include log and start your own thread.

Burger Motorsports

(#71)
Old

Car: 135 I N54
Default 04-10-2014, 12:50 PM

http://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24284

135I - 6 MT -JB4 G5 ISO Map 3 - BB Race Flash - Riss Rasing ******* ** - AFE CAIs - BMS SDL - 93 Octanes - Sistem X wather meth - SPEC 2+ - RB Twins!!
(#72)
Old

Car: bmw m135i
Default 04-12-2014, 01:21 AM

Hi Russell, I wish you well!

Could you have a look at my data and see what can be done to increase torque through the high rpms.

Thanks man.

http://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24328
(#73)
Old

Car: bmw 335i
Default Logs for 335i 2008 - 05-20-2014, 07:53 AM

Hey guys, I have datalogs for my bmw and would love to get some help!

its a 2008 335i with COBB intercooler, Injen air intake, Borla performance exhaust, 3' high flow cats down pipe and a BOV

See attached. thanks!!
Attached Images

(#74)
Old

Car: 07 335i AT
Default 05-21-2014, 03:42 PM

Your logs are useless. Read the Stick "*** read me first ***", post csv in your own thread.
(#75)
Old

Car: bmw 335i
Default 05-24-2014, 01:54 PM

What makes them useless? which read me are you referring to ?

thanks