N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#51)
Old

Car: MB W205 C250
Default 07-13-2019, 01:46 AM

So I went to friendly Mercedes dealer, they did xentry base diag and found no CEL s saved. probably my chinese obd erased them well..

I have screenshots with 0308 which should be misfire on cylinder 8. So replacing coils?
(#52)
Old

Car: 335i Coupe
Default 07-13-2019, 05:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by notabenex
yes.
Not trying to give a smart answer, but honestly just asking, since you’ve had issues have you gone back and double checked the entire install? Could a plug be swapped or something left unconnected perhaps?
(#53)
Old

Default 07-13-2019, 05:21 AM

Quote:
So I went to friendly Mercedes dealer, they did xentry base diag and found no CEL s saved. probably my chinese obd erased them well..

I have screenshots with 0308 which should be misfire on cylinder 8. So replacing coils?
Personally, I wouldn’t replace any OEM parts if things run perfect on Map 0. The problem has to lie with the JB or it’s connections I’d think.
(#54)
Old

Default 07-14-2019, 10:52 AM

Today on highway, map0, total loss of power, CEL car in neutral, shaking rattling.. was ready to tow it to dealer but after restart I went slowly home.. Going to dealer and also removing JB4.... this is the end of story
(#55)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-14-2019, 03:08 PM

Send a photo of the JB4 control board when you're putting it back to stock so we can check that for any obvious indications of issue.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#56)
Old

Default 07-18-2019, 12:45 AM

So happy update, after towing the car to MB dealer they checked codes and realized that spark plugs were not correctly installed (previously went to my friend to do that....), so they took them out, cleaned surfaces, also did check of the coil packs and cleaned contacts on them.

Idle is now stable, everything is fine! No codes! So I have to say that blaming JB4 for that was not correct, but I wasnt expecting the shop to do that job so poorly..

I did more testing of JB4 in map 1+2, there is definitly much much less hesistation, but its still present, especially on map 2 in comfort mode. Its much better in sport+. So my question is, could there be a mechanism in comfort mode which is cutting power in the area 4000-4500 rpm on 4th gear to make everything more ''smooth''? Are you guys driving and using jb4 in comfort mode or after warmup you are switching to sport +?

Will post video soon.

video here c63 jb4 map2 spark plugs new on Vimeo

Terry what do you think?
(#57)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 07-18-2019, 08:50 AM

^^^ That is awesome news man! I've been following your posts and thread for a while now and I'm glad it was solvable.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#58)
Old

Default 07-18-2019, 11:07 AM

yeeeah enjoying it C63 W205 JB4 map 2 on Vimeo
(#59)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 07-18-2019, 11:28 AM

Quote:
yeeeah enjoying it C63 W205 JB4 map 2 on Vimeo
Wow, that thing pulls really hard! I had to look twice to make sure it's not MPH LOL.

Burger Motorsports

(#60)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-18-2019, 07:55 PM

Glad its been solved!

Burger Motorsports

(#61)
Old

Default 07-18-2019, 10:50 PM

So the misfiring, shaking and CEL issue was corrected, but it cannot be good or normal that he has that obvious slipping and hesitation shown in his video. If that doesn’t happen on map 0, then there’s still something that needs to be looked into, correct?

Last edited by ezatnova; 07-19-2019 at 05:09 AM..
(#62)
Old

Default 07-19-2019, 07:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezatnova
So the misfiring, shaking and CEL issue was corrected, but it cannot be good or normal that he has that obvious slipping and hesitation shown in his video. If that doesn’t happen on map 0, then there’s still something that needs to be looked into, correct?
It would be nice if Terry od Payam will help to solve this. thats correct
(#63)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-19-2019, 06:49 PM

There isn't a JB4 log attached on map1 to look at on that front.

Burger Motorsports

(#64)
Old

Default 07-20-2019, 12:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Will do that tomorrow.
(#65)
Old

Default 07-21-2019, 09:15 AM

Quote:

Here is the log.. Map1 at first and then map2

Terry or Payam could you please check it? thanks
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2019-07-21 15_12_35_Map-1.csv (278.3 KB, 11 views)
File Type: csv 2019-07-21 15_18_36_Map-2.csv (168.5 KB, 14 views)

Last edited by notabenex; 07-22-2019 at 06:47 AM..
(#66)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-22-2019, 08:01 PM

Sorry backed up on work today!

I don't see any strange behavior on map1. Did you notice anything? On map2 I do see an odd RPM movement while in high gear that seems like slippage of something in the drivetrain like maybe the torque converter unlocking and relocking. If it was trans spin I don't think it would recover so quickly and we'd see it more during high power post shift.

Burger Motorsports

(#67)
Old

Default 07-22-2019, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Sorry backed up on work today!

I don't see any strange behavior on map1. Did you notice anything? On map2 I do see an odd RPM movement while in high gear that seems like slippage of something in the drivetrain like maybe the torque converter unlocking and relocking. If it was trans spin I don't think it would recover so quickly and we'd see it more during high power post shift.
I am doing these tests in comfort mode, maybe its cutting torque to make everything "easier to drive"? I dont think it happens in sport+, will test it today..Since my car is DD i drive in comfort 90% of the time.
(#68)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-23-2019, 01:26 PM

Easy to test different things and isolate it, but that is possible.

Burger Motorsports

(#69)
Old

Default 07-25-2019, 12:34 AM

Well its behaving same way in sport+. I heard few users had problems with corrosion on PCB, but my issue is present since install so probably PCB is OK.

Any other things to try? Thanks
(#70)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-25-2019, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Well its behaving same way in sport+. I heard few users had problems with corrosion on PCB, but my issue is present since install so probably PCB is OK.

Any other things to try? Thanks
If you have check engine lights related to the specific sensors you've attached the JB4 to then that would point to a hardware problem. You don't.

Just keep it on map1 if that is working best for you at this point.

Burger Motorsports