N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#526)
Old

Car: 335i Coupe
Default 07-09-2019, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
I've seen that one before from time to time. I think it's tuning related but not exactly sure how yet. Never comes up on map0 right? It should be an easy fix once we narrow it down.

Able to pull your freeze frame data on it with an OBDII tool?
Hey Terry, Ill try tomorrow. I pulled the JB this afternoon. We'll see what happens tomorrow. Its a hard code though, something constantly triggering the code. Might be a sensor or something. No catch can btw, i have an 18, no need for one.
Side bar: Any updates for the wifes X2? Would love to get steering wheel menus running.
(#527)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-10-2019, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335imofo
Hey Terry, Ill try tomorrow. I pulled the JB this afternoon. We'll see what happens tomorrow. Its a hard code though, something constantly triggering the code. Might be a sensor or something. No catch can btw, i have an 18, no need for one.
Side bar: Any updates for the wifes X2? Would love to get steering wheel menus running.
The first test is to see if code comes up on map0 to know if it's hardware or software related...

On X2 not sure if we have dash active for those yet, but ask in the platform thread and we can check in to that!

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#528)
Old

Car: 2019 f150 2.7 Ecoboost
Default 07-13-2019, 03:41 PM

OK so as stated above last week I got a p0400. I had the JB4 install for about a week with no problems. Then I added the JB4 connect kit last Friday upgraded to the latest firmware and switched to map 2. Ran fine Friday and Saturday morning. Saturday afternoon I get a check engine light. Check the code p0400. Cleared the code swiched back to map 1 made it home with no issues or lights. Sunday morning no issues, Sunday afternoon CEL p0400 again. That when I first messaged you thinking it might be firmware related switched back to version 3 firmware. Didn't drive Monday or Tuesday. Wednesday night heading to the airport CEL again p0400. Switch back to map 0 drive to airport and back about 80+ miles no problem. Thursday headed to a friend's place still on map 0 check engine light again P0400.
Removed JB4 all together so I can take it to the dealership for warranty work. So far I've driven another 80 plus miles without the JB4 and no engine light. Is it possible the Bluetooth connect kit is the cause since that's when problem started? I know I'm grasping at straws here. Hoping the engine light will pop up without the JB4 being installed so it can be ruled out.
(#529)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-14-2019, 08:28 AM

I've seen p0400 before on previous firmware versions so I'm sure it's JB4 related somehow, but it's strange you get the code on map0. It's easy to remove the blue tooth connection just to see if it's somehow related.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#530)
Old

Default 07-14-2019, 08:38 AM

Assuming you meant strange I did get it on map 0.
But so what I'm hearing is the code is JB4 related and not my truck actually having an issue?
(#531)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-14-2019, 09:08 AM

If it's not coming up with the JB4 removed then must be related somehow.

Burger Motorsports

(#532)
Old

Car: 335i
Default 07-17-2019, 09:13 PM

Hey Terry, so couple weeks ago installed JB4 updated to latest firmware set to map 1 ran for a couple hundred kms all good. Drove Calgary to Spokane, then Spokane back to Calgary for the weekend total of about 1500kms. When got back into Calgary engine light came on. Read code and came up as P0400. Did not delete fault, next day morning switched to map 0 turned off ignition and then restarted and engine light went out. Connected and fault still in in as P0400. Have an appointment tomorrow for the fault since I still have warranty and pulled the JB4 this evening. Is this going to be an issue with the truck or the JB4? I’m rolling up on 96,000kms and installed JB4 at 93,000kms. Let me know. Can run whatever tests you want me to with JB4 installed once I get the truck back from Ford tomorrow. Thanks!
(#533)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 07-18-2019, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by allanC
Hey Terry, so couple weeks ago installed JB4 updated to latest firmware set to map 1 ran for a couple hundred kms all good. Drove Calgary to Spokane, then Spokane back to Calgary for the weekend total of about 1500kms. When got back into Calgary engine light came on. Read code and came up as P0400. Did not delete fault, next day morning switched to map 0 turned off ignition and then restarted and engine light went out. Connected and fault still in in as P0400. Have an appointment tomorrow for the fault since I still have warranty and pulled the JB4 this evening. Is this going to be an issue with the truck or the JB4? Iím rolling up on 96,000kms and installed JB4 at 93,000kms. Let me know. Can run whatever tests you want me to with JB4 installed once I get the truck back from Ford tomorrow. Thanks!
Did anything else come in the description besides the code?

Burger Motorsports

(#534)
Old

Default 07-18-2019, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Payam @ BMS
Did anything else come in the description besides the code?
P0400 and then no description if I remember correctly.

Dropped off the truck this morning to ford so see what they say. Or see what they do.
(#535)
Old

Default 07-18-2019, 12:03 PM

Here is what ford diagnosed and fixed as per my fault that stored in the ECU.
Attached Images

Last edited by allanC; 07-18-2019 at 12:05 PM.. Reason: insert image
(#536)
Old

Default 07-18-2019, 12:22 PM

So basically they didn't find anything wrong and replaced the sensor.
(#537)
Old

Default 07-18-2019, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abyssf150
So basically they didn't find anything wrong and replaced the sensor.
(#538)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-18-2019, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Hey Terry, so couple weeks ago installed JB4 updated to latest firmware set to map 1 ran for a couple hundred kms all good. Drove Calgary to Spokane, then Spokane back to Calgary for the weekend total of about 1500kms. When got back into Calgary engine light came on. Read code and came up as P0400. Did not delete fault, next day morning switched to map 0 turned off ignition and then restarted and engine light went out. Connected and fault still in in as P0400. Have an appointment tomorrow for the fault since I still have warranty and pulled the JB4 this evening. Is this going to be an issue with the truck or the JB4? I’m rolling up on 96,000kms and installed JB4 at 93,000kms. Let me know. Can run whatever tests you want me to with JB4 installed once I get the truck back from Ford tomorrow. Thanks!
I'm sure whatever it is is a false alarm code and not an indication of any actual mechanical issue. Just going to be annoying to delete or ignore the code until we're able to figure out the exact trigger and correct it for you.

I'm assuming it comes back even with the crank case pressure sensor replaced?

Burger Motorsports

(#539)
Old

Default 07-19-2019, 07:14 AM

Quote:
I'm sure whatever it is is a false alarm code and not an indication of any actual mechanical issue. Just going to be annoying to delete or ignore the code until we're able to figure out the exact trigger and correct it for you.

I'm assuming it comes back even with the crank case pressure sensor replaced?
Morning Terry,

So got the truck back last night re-installed my JB4 and a new AEM intake. Set the JB4 to Map 0 and Firmware @ Eco 6. Drove this morning to work and engine light came on again P0400 No Description Found.

Is there anything you would like me to try to remedy? Let me know.
(#540)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-19-2019, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Morning Terry,

So got the truck back last night re-installed my JB4 and a new AEM intake. Set the JB4 to Map 0 and Firmware @ Eco 6. Drove this morning to work and engine light came on again P0400 No Description Found.

Is there anything you would like me to try to remedy? Let me know.
Just to rule things out drop me an email and lets send you another JB4 control board. terry@burgertuning.com

Burger Motorsports

(#541)
Old

Default 07-22-2019, 07:29 AM

Has anyone ran a meth kit on these yet? I have the burger meth kit from my VW left over. Was wondering if I'd be able to run map 7 with enough methanol?
(#542)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-22-2019, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Has anyone ran a meth kit on these yet? I have the burger meth kit from my VW left over. Was wondering if I'd be able to run map 7 with enough methanol?
We've been doing testing actually!! If you can mount the nozzle I'll work with you on the tuning end.

Burger Motorsports

(#543)
Old

Car: 17í F150 3.5EB
Default 07-22-2019, 10:08 PM

Sorry if it’s been posted before but I tried a few searches and didn’t see anything. Just wondering if anyone could tell me ballpark max power gains with 91 octane on Gen 2 3.5 EB F150. TIA
(#544)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-23-2019, 07:53 AM

I'd expect around 50-60hp on 91 octane.

Burger Motorsports

(#545)
Old

Car: mercedes c400 and Golf R
Default 07-24-2019, 03:39 AM

Terry,

picking up my new F150 today with the 3.5L. Coming from a 2016 golf r with jb4 and meth. I was a beta tester for the jb4 so am super familiar with map 6 tuning. I had a few questions.

- is the p0400 specific to one engine, 2.7 or 3.5?
-can the code be fully cleared with this jb4?
-are the Bluetooth dongles universal? Can I take it off my VW jb4 and use it with the f150 jb4? I would think so, but making sure.
-is this platform going to be receiving future updates and development? The VW platform was always advancing and getting better.

I appreciate everything you guys do. George is a God when it comes to VWs lol. I'll be running jb4 on 93 and the occasional e85 after the engine break in. Thanks in advance!
Geoff
(#546)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-24-2019, 08:27 AM

Congrats!

Not had many code reports so can't determine yet platforms but you can delete the code with the JB4 itself. It's just a false alarm light in dash.

The BT is universal for all JB4.

It will have continual updates!

Burger Motorsports

(#547)
Old

Car: mercedes c400 and Golf R
Default 07-24-2019, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Congrats!

Not had many code reports so can't determine yet platforms but you can delete the code with the JB4 itself. It's just a false alarm light in dash.

The BT is universal for all JB4.

It will have continual updates!
Great! I look forward to what's in store! Thanks again!
(#548)
Old

Default 07-24-2019, 12:21 PM

So I'm still getting p0400. Had taken the JB4 off for about a week had no code come up so ruled out that it was anything actually wrong with the truck. Put the JB4 back on about a week ago and drove about 300 miles with no issues. Now a week later getting the p0400 again. Gets p0400 even on map0
(#549)
Old

Default 07-24-2019, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsgieoff
Terry,

picking up my new F150 today with the 3.5L. Coming from a 2016 golf r with jb4 and meth. I was a beta tester for the jb4 so am super familiar with map 6 tuning. I had a few questions.

- is the p0400 specific to one engine, 2.7 or 3.5?
-can the code be fully cleared with this jb4?
-are the Bluetooth dongles universal? Can I take it off my VW jb4 and use it with the f150 jb4? I would think so, but making sure.
-is this platform going to be receiving future updates and development? The VW platform was always advancing and getting better.

I appreciate everything you guys do. George is a God when it comes to VWs lol. I'll be running jb4 on 93 and the occasional e85 after the engine break in. Thanks in advance!
Geoff
Hey I also came from a MK7 golf and now have the 2.7T
(#550)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-24-2019, 01:25 PM

Quote:
So I'm still getting p0400. Had taken the JB4 off for about a week had no code come up so ruled out that it was anything actually wrong with the truck. Put the JB4 back on about a week ago and drove about 300 miles with no issues. Now a week later getting the p0400 again. Gets p0400 even on map0
Interesting... Email me I have a test for you to run to isolate part of the firmware. terry@burgertuning.com

Burger Motorsports