N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: 435, 540, z4, 745
Default Triggering meth in map5? Meth gauge in app? - 05-20-2019, 11:27 AM

I have seen mention of changing meth trigger from 0 to 1 to allow meth to be used in maps other than 3 but no screen shot or further info. Which of these needs to be changed?

Last edited by panaceabeachbum; 05-21-2019 at 05:55 AM.. Reason: add pics
(#2)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 05-20-2019, 11:48 AM

*Meth Safety Mode All Versions

0 - Raise boost on map3 as a function of meth flow & historic timing (default)
1 - Raise boost on map3 as a function of meth flow only
2 - Start at normal target and failsafe IF flow drops below flow level
for 1 second under boost. Enabled for all maps.
3 - When on map3 meth flow is completely ignored. Useful for using
map3 as an adjustable non-meth map.
4 - Run a progressive meth safety on all maps

*Meth Trigger Mode All Versions

0 - Meth flows on maps 3, 6, and 7 (default operation)
1 - Meth flows on all maps
2 - Meth flows on map 3 only
3 - Meth is disabled on all maps

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#3)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 05-20-2019, 11:48 AM

Got a log so I can take a look at it? I deleted the other thread you made so we can stick with one.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#4)
Old

Default 05-20-2019, 12:20 PM

In the install for FSB it states

" when the system is operating normally you will see a WMI flow reading of 60% to
100%. It's normal for the flow reading to vary between 60-100% based on weather, fluid
injected, nozzle size, etc. Readings below 60% indicate a flow issue"

Where will these readings be visible? is this percentage scale above used in the log or the gauge in the app? In the app I dont get a reading and in the log I see a range from 1-4
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2019-05-20 09_43_31_Map-3.csv (13.4 KB, 31 views)
File Type: csv 2019-05-20 09_46_49_Map-5.csv (20.4 KB, 28 views)

Last edited by panaceabeachbum; 05-20-2019 at 06:28 PM.. Reason: punctuation
(#5)
Old

Default 05-20-2019, 06:04 PM

In deleted question I was asking if someone could help me figure out why I am not getting any read out on the meth gauge in the ap?

2015 f32 n55, I have the EWG harness, and bluetooth, Burger WMI with the latest JB4 ,3.5 tmap
EWG blue #16 Purple #9
FSB blue #14 Orange #3

MHD with jb4 BEF

In the logs for map 3 posted above I am getting values of 1-4 is this the scale for this column in the log?

I am sure its something simple I have missed. Any help appreciated Thanks Richard

Last edited by panaceabeachbum; 05-21-2019 at 05:43 AM..
(#6)
Old

Default 05-21-2019, 07:20 AM

Here are a couple of more logs, Meth trigger mode = 1, Meth safety mode = 2

I see the meth signal in the log on map 3 but not on map 5 with the above settings
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2019-05-21 09_43_57_Map-3.csv (6.1 KB, 32 views)
File Type: csv 2019-05-21 09_50_21_Map-5.csv (12.8 KB, 28 views)
(#7)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-21-2019, 09:32 AM

I would assume meth isn't flowing properly as meth flow in JB4 log should be 60+ under flow. Does it spray cleanly out of the nozzle when purging?

Burger Motorsports

(#8)
Old

Default 05-21-2019, 09:39 AM

It does spray out vigorously when I hit purge when set on map 3 , it also is flowing when at WOT on map3 but cant get it to flow via purge or WOT runs on Map 5 ,

Meth trigger mode = 1, Meth safety mode = 2
(#9)
Old

Default 05-21-2019, 10:03 AM

Here are two more logs on map5, one meth trig=0 the other meth trig=1 Ill pull the nozzle again and make sure Im still getting a good flow when I hit purge while on map3
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2019-05-21 12_50_15_Map-5.csv (5.7 KB, 26 views)
File Type: csv 2019-05-21 12_51_10_Map-5.csv (7.1 KB, 24 views)
(#10)
Old

Default 05-22-2019, 04:44 PM

Figured it out,I deviated from the instal instructions.

I looked at the DC pump I bought from you, saw the 2 amp rating on the FSB, and used a bosch relay for the pump , triggering the relay with the yellow output from the FSB. I am guessing the FSB is changing pump speed by voltage or pwm and since I am using it to trigger a relay im not getting proper feedback in the logs and gauge in app.
(#11)
Old

Default 05-23-2019, 05:44 AM

Just so I understand completely, its OK to hook this 10 amp DC pump motor directly to the FSB which has a 2 amp rating ?
(#12)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-09-2019, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by panaceabeachbum
Just so I understand completely, its OK to hook this 10 amp DC pump motor directly to the FSB which has a 2 amp rating ?
The FSB primary MOSFET can carry around 15amps without issue. Not sure where you are getting 2 amps from. Maybe you're referring to the solenoid circuit?

Burger Motorsports