N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#51)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-07-2019, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeezul
I installed mine about a week ago. Fitment was good. I noticed a difference. I have an 07 so I had to drill the holes from the frame. Wasn't too bad.

Keith
We just posted a new guide that explains the 3 options. No holes, offset holes, perfectly lined up holes.

http://www.burgertuning.com/instruct...ce_install.pdf

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#52)
Old

Car: 2009 335i
Default 01-10-2019, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ 135i
Does this piece add any extra noise or vibes to car? Similar noises and vibes like solid trans mounts make?
I put 1000 miles on the car and haven't noticed any extra noise, it's as if it was never there.

MMP stage 3 turbos with inlets and outlets, FBO, e50 mix tuned by Ken
(#53)
Old

Car: 2010 BMW 135i M Sport
Default 01-10-2019, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zomski101
I put 1000 miles on the car and haven't noticed any extra noise, it's as if it was never there.
Awesome. Thanks for letting me know!
(#54)
Old

Car: BMW 135i
Default 02-25-2019, 08:18 PM

How would the NVH be with solid subframe and poly diff mounts be? I wonder if I would even really need it...

2009 BMW 135i - Monaco Blue
(#55)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 02-26-2019, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnusk77
How would the NVH be with solid subframe and poly diff mounts be? I wonder if I would even really need it...
No more NVH, and yes you would definitely want this even with those solid mounts. Makes a huge difference IMO, more reinforcement

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#56)
Old

Car: 2009 535xi
Default 03-08-2019, 02:20 PM

I hope this question isn't too dumb. Will this brace fit a 2010 535xi? It's not listed but I am hopeful it might fit...
(#57)
Old

Car: E93/F10
Default 03-10-2019, 08:12 PM

Is the new improved BMS catch can for sale now?
(#58)
Old

Car: 2008 335i Vert (E93, N54)
Default 03-11-2019, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanosman

LOL, only for those that bought the NEW BMS Solid Rear Differential Brace.

Likely ideal to ask in a new Thread, or one that subject was discussed in

--

2008 335i Convertible, E93, N54, A/T (200,000+ km)
Wheels: 322 | Tires: R.275/35r18, F.245/40r18
TUNE: JB4/Trebila | 24 PSI | 100% Meth via dual BM5 | 94 Octane
BMS: JB4, Map 6 | WMI | 5" FMIC | OCC | DCI | Cowel Filters
TMAP: 3.5 barr
xHP Stage 3 (v2.0)
VRSF CP | HKS BOV
RB PCV Valve
NGK 5992 Plugs @ .020

Maintenance:
2018 - A/T Replaced | Plugs | Ign Coils | Walnut Blasting
2019 - Index 12 Injectors | VCG | OFHG & O-rings | Alternator w/ Clutch Pulley | Water Pump & TStat
(#59)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 03-11-2019, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanosman
They're in the works, soon!!

Burger Motorsports

(#60)
Old

Car: 2013 335is
Default 03-14-2019, 04:56 PM

Any videos or testimony on how much this brace reduces wheel hop? Smoothly rolling into it and breaking loose is something I enjoy doing but this wheel hop is killing me and I'm afraid it will kill my car someday.
(#61)
Old

Car: 335
Default 03-16-2019, 06:41 PM

Is this different then increasing the rear spring weight?

I have JRZ R1 with linear springs, m-sport stabi and a drexler diff.

Would this add benefit? Since I changed my springs, most wheel hop is gone (At least I think so ;-))
(#62)
Old

Car: BMW 135i
Default 03-16-2019, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTA
Is this different then increasing the rear spring weight?

I have JRZ R1 with linear springs, m-sport stabi and a drexler diff.

Would this add benefit? Since I changed my springs, most wheel hop is gone (At least I think so ;-))
Completely different purpose and function than springs. The diff brace will reduce the actual movement and rocking of the differential itself (because under power it can physically flex the soft bushings that hold it to the subframe), which can be compounded with incorrect suspension and lead to wheel hop issues.

2009 BMW 135i - Monaco Blue
(#63)
Old
Legend

Car: 2008 E93
Default 03-16-2019, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnusk77
Completely different purpose and function than springs. The diff brace will reduce the actual movement and rocking of the differential itself (because under power it can physically flex the soft bushings that hold it to the subframe), which can be compounded with incorrect suspension and lead to wheel hop issues.
Exactly. While springs and shocks can help the car squat and plant itself on launch it does ZERO for actually stabilizing the diff.
(#64)
Old

Default 03-17-2019, 01:42 PM

Then I will probably order one in the name of science ;-)

Thank you for your explanation.
(#65)
Old

Default 03-17-2019, 01:43 PM

Just wondering, why would car vendors not include this in their standard?
(#66)
Old

Car: BMW 1M Coupe
Default 03-18-2019, 12:47 AM

Hi guys @ Burger can you please design one for the 1M/E92 M3 M Differential?
(#67)
Old
Legend

Car: 2008 E93
Default 03-18-2019, 12:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTA
Just wondering, why would car vendors not include this in their standard?
Probably because its not really an issue at stock power level. Cars from the 60s with leaf springs , generally did not come with traction bars either.
Its like asking why dont all cars come LSD equipped ? Or with racing axles, or beefier driveshafts, etc.
(#68)
Old

Car: 2009 535xi
Default 03-18-2019, 12:32 PM

Since vanosman hijacked the thread, I think my question was missed.

Will this brace fit a 2010 535xi? It's not listed but I am hopeful it might fit... Thanks!
(#69)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 03-19-2019, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric84405
Since vanosman hijacked the thread, I think my question was missed.

Will this brace fit a 2010 535xi? It's not listed but I am hopeful it might fit... Thanks!
Don't think it would, got any pictures?

Burger Motorsports