N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: 2014 BMW 328i
Default JB4 and Transfer Case - 02-26-2019, 07:04 PM

Hey Everyone,
I've been cruising the forum for a while and after I finally figured out Anti-Spam answer I am here. I tried search the forums posts to no avail, but I apologize in advance if this was mentioned before.

A few months after installing the JB4(which is awesome) on my 2014 328i the transfer case started to fail and needed to be replaced (rotational noise and vibration once I hit about 30mph)

2 things to note, I purchased the car 2nd hand - so I don't know if the previous owner drove it harder than normal and after doing research the it seems there are some transfer cases issues posted in other forums specifically with the 328d. So I don't think JB4 and the transfer case issue are related.

I guess for reassurance, prior to re-installing the JB4, I was wanted to see if anyone had seen a similar issue happen to them. Maybe I just had bad luck.

Last edited by mjmilan8; 02-27-2019 at 01:38 PM..
(#2)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 02-27-2019, 11:28 AM

How many miles on the car?

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#3)
Old

Default 02-27-2019, 11:40 AM

Hey Payam!
I installed the JB4 at around 50K, the car now has about 56K.
(#4)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-27-2019, 09:50 PM

The JB4 isn't adding *that* much power on the N20, I don't see how it would be related.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#5)
Old

Default 02-28-2019, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
The JB4 isn't adding *that* much power on the N20, I don't see how it would be related.
Thanks Terry! I searched online and couldn't find any any similar issues and if it's something you guys haven't seen... Then that basically confirms that I was just unlucky.

I can keep using my JB4 worry free! Thanks again for taking the time to respond!