N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
Go Back   N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion > General > Market Place - For Sale / Trade / Wanted
Reload this Page Stock 2008 BMW 335i E90 M-Sport Sedan - 6MT - 117K Miles - Jet Black - $9900

(#1)
Old

Car: 2008 535i
Default Stock 2008 BMW 335i E90 M-Sport Sedan - 6MT - 117K Miles - Jet Black - $9500 - 05-15-2019, 06:13 PM

I purchased this car recently with the intentions of turning it into my new daily driver and giving my 2008 BMW 135i a break, but after spending a few months dialing this car in to my standards, itís become evident I need something bigger (and something without a manual transmission so my wife can drive it when need be). I purchased the car from a service technician at a nearby BMW dealership in North Carolina. He was very familiar with the car and it had always seen dealership service. The previous owner had become frustrated that the car had left them stranded with a faulty water pump, so they traded it in for a newer model.

This car had an ideal build package for my preferences:
  • Jet Black exterior with LCSW interior, which is real black leather, not leatherette (synthetic leather).
  • M-Sport package which includes sport power seats, multifunction sport steering wheel, sport suspension, sport shift knob.
  • Brushed aluminum interior trim.
  • Single hump with no iDrive.
  • Xenon headlights.
  • And most importantly: Bone stock and always has been other than the 19Ē Breyton GTS Race wheels, a set of paint matched front splitters, and yellow vinyl overlays over the fog lights.

After purchasing the car + getting it registered/tagged, I pulled the car into my lab and spent most of my spare time over the next month fully sorting everything out. I wanted the car to be reliable since I wanted to use it as a daily driver, so I probably went overboard, but hereís all the recent new parts this car has seen:
  • Replaced the water pump, thermostat, aluminum bolts, and flushed the coolant.
  • Replaced the coils and spark plugs.
  • Replaced the valve cover gasket, oil filter housing gasket. oil cooler gasket, and oil cooler o-rings.
  • Replaced the cylinder to thermostat hose and power steering reservoir o-ring, both notorious for failing prematurely.
  • Replaced the battery and had it registered.
  • Drained out the manual transmission fluid, and refilled with D4 ATF fluid, the best Iíve found.
  • A fresh set of 275/30/19 + 245/35/19 Achilles Sport 2 tires and new TPMS sensors.

Prior to when I purchased the car, the local dealership addressed the blower motor wiring recall (+ installed a new blower motor with regulator), installed a new airbag to address the driverís side airbag recall, replaced the the positive battery cable to address the battery cable recall, and installed a new HPFP and injectors under warranty.

If youíre looking for a well sorted out, clean 335i sedan with all the right colors and options thatís just begging to be modded, this is it. The turbos spool quickly, have zero wastegate rattle, the engine has no leaks, and clutch feels perfect. The 6-speed manual transmission models in good shape are getting hard to find, especially at this price. The car will continue to be driven while up for sale to keep everything in good running condition so miles will go up.

The only negative things to note are:
  • There are some deep scratches on the roof that were there before I purchased the car. I've tried to polish these out with little success. I have confidence it could be corrected with wet sanding, but that's getting in over my head.
  • Occasionally I get a bulb out warning for one of the headlights, but both xenon headlights and high beams have always worked fine, so it seems to be a false alarm. As soon as the car restarts the warning goes away.
  • The interior center console has a sticky feel to it, common with trim pieces in this car.
  • The passenger side front door lock knob does not reflect whether or not the door is locked. The actual lock works fine and unlocks/locks perfect, but the small black knob always indicates the door is locked.

The car is located in Asheville, NC, I have the clean title in hand, and the price is $9,500 FIRM.

I'll let the pictures do the talking:

Visit Chadillac2000's 2008 135i Road Warrior Daily Driver Single Turbo Build Thread HERE

ACF PTE 6062 BB Top Mount ST Kit, Fuel-It! Stage 3 LPFP, Phoenix Racing Port Injection Manifold + RACE FMIC, JB4 + BMS ST E85 PI BEF

Last edited by chadillac2000; 05-20-2019 at 01:06 PM..
(#2)
Old

Car: 2008 535i
Default 05-20-2019, 11:58 AM

Still available - price updated to $9,500 FIRM.

Visit Chadillac2000's 2008 135i Road Warrior Daily Driver Single Turbo Build Thread HERE

ACF PTE 6062 BB Top Mount ST Kit, Fuel-It! Stage 3 LPFP, Phoenix Racing Port Injection Manifold + RACE FMIC, JB4 + BMS ST E85 PI BEF