N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old
Outlaw

Car: 135i
Default M4 1/4 Mile 11.205@125 - 08-07-2015, 01:58 AM

BMW M4 F82 S55 Twin Turbo I6 1/4 Mile Drag 11.205@125

My fastest pass was a 11.205@125mph. It was a freak accident. I was trying to see how the car does without Launch Control. If you know this car, you know if you floor it from a dead stop(completely stop and take your foot off the brakes, the car wont move) . What you do is Come to complete stop in 1st gear with traction off and Floor it . the car then revs up and drops the clutch at 4k . I wasnt trying to do this but i did and the car actually hooked and took up . so if you can repeat this, i believe its the best way to launch the car. So i told friends this and they asked why is this better than launch control? Launch Control shifts into 2nd @5900 RPM if you hook (if you spin, it shifts at redline). Anyway this is way too early and i believe it kills the launch. also the 4k clutch drop i believe builds better boost.

That Being said, Later that night i was able to run 11.23@125 using launch control at 3200 RPM.

Note: I dont limit boost in 1st, 2nd or 3rd gear at the track (i only use this on the street and only 1st gear)

Also note, I Placed 10lb of ice on the intercooler between passes . The car ran perfect compared to other nights when i didnt do this. Water cools that intercooler so keep it cold, we need to design an intercooler cover to hold ice or a reservoir that can take advantage of ice.

I think I'm currently 2nd fastest M4/M3 on Dragtimes. Soon to be the fastest and hopefully first 10 second M4

BMW M4 Mods:
305/35/19 NT05R Drag Radials (Tires from http://www.24tire.net/ South Florida's Best Tires)
Burgertuning.com JB4 Map 6 26psi (Tune http://burgertuning.com/)
VP Racing MS 109 Oct Unleaded(Race Gas)
AR Design ********* (from supremepower.com)
AWE Tuning Switchpath Exhaust (from supremepower.com)
KNN Air Filters (From http://burgertuning.com/)

Coming Next: Coolingmist.com Dual CM5 Meth and Burgertuning.com Intake

PS: Thanks to burgertuning.com for the tune and support and thanks to supremepower.com for the parts, thanks to MP Automotive in North Miami for the Labor and www.24tire.net for tires and finally thanks to SpeedInjected in Hallandale for the Dyno.

Attached Images

(#2)
Old

Car: 2011 E92 335xi
Default 08-07-2015, 06:54 AM

Nice time!

I wouldn't go so far as to say fastest haha. I'll be going to the drag strip next Friday to see what I can do
(#3)
Old

Default 08-07-2015, 06:58 AM

Nice times and set-up. Are you using factory wheels for your drag radial set up?
(#4)
Old

Car: 335i
Default 08-07-2015, 11:06 AM

How do you like the NT05Rs? What psi do you run? Thanks
(#5)
Old
Olimpiakos

Car: 335i e90
Default 08-07-2015, 11:49 AM

Nice runs! You have my best beat by .03. My best run on street tires is an 11.23 @ 126.8 mph.
Keep going for 10's!!

YMB F80 M3- Jb4
F85 X5M-Jb4
(#6)
Old
BMS Customer Service

Car: bmw 335i
Default 08-07-2015, 12:21 PM

Impressive! lately seems like everyone is doing 11.2s at 1/4 mile.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#7)
Old

Default 08-07-2015, 03:27 PM

Nice run, and great time!! The car must drive like an animal on the street!! One thing i noticed was your comment about ice on the IC, I wonder if Co2 or a water spraying device like the Subaru STI had that sprayed water on the intercooler would be beneficial? I know with Co2 you would suck some up into the intake, but using it to freeze the intercooler before the run should be better than ice and not suck up any C02 into the intake. Just ideas..

Last edited by Down4it; 08-07-2015 at 10:26 PM..
(#8)
Old

Car: E92 DCT ///M
Default 08-07-2015, 06:34 PM

How much HP you making?
(#9)
Old

Car: 2011 E92 335xi
Default 08-07-2015, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostMarine
How much HP you making?
My guess is around 520whp. But I could be wrong

When are you going to do another track rental Steven? I couldn't come last week cos of class.. Hoping you guys do another one this Summer.
(#10)
Old
ElevenPointFive

Car: 2009 135i
Default 08-09-2015, 06:57 AM

Great run! Congrats, really solid.

2007 Porsche 997 Turbo - 6MT - Midnight Blue
Cobb Stage 1

2008 E90 335xi - AT - TSM
MHD Stage 2+ ~ BMS Intake ~ AMS FMIC ~ CPE
(#11)
Old
Outlaw

Default 08-09-2015, 11:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sA x sKy
Nice time!

I wouldn't go so far as to say fastest haha. I'll be going to the drag strip next Friday to see what I can do
The car drives itself once you figure it out, so i'm sure you'll do great. if you need any advice or info email me mharoun35@gmail.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnl135i
Nice times and set-up. Are you using factory wheels for your drag radial set up?
Yes stock wheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myaddiction
How do you like the NT05Rs? What psi do you run? Thanks
They are $300 cheaper than MT so i love em, i ran them at 25 PSI, i dont like to go to loo because i feel good PSI helps mid range and toward the end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ggreek5
Nice runs! You have my best beat by .03. My best run on street tires is an 11.23 @ 126.8 mph.
Keep going for 10's!!
Cool, post it on dragtimes.com , also how do you launch your car, how do you do things? like me or different? LC, just floor it, or what? if LC , at what rpm?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Down4it
Nice run, and great time!! The car must drive like an animal on the street!! One thing i noticed was your comment about ice on the IC, I wonder if Co2 or a water spraying device like the Subaru STI had that sprayed water on the intercooler would be beneficial? I know with Co2 you would suck some up into the intake, but using it to freeze the intercooler before the run should be better than ice and not suck up any C02 into the intake. Just ideas..
The intercooler doesnt have fins that a simple sprayer could help, its not an air to air intercooler, its water/air intercooler...what you need to do is cool the water inside it. I dont think a sprayer would do it at all.. it would need constant cold to cool the IC and the water inside it. I think meth is all you need but since i dont have my kit installed yet, ICE had to do .

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostMarine
How much HP you making?
i Dynoyed 540 WHP and 575 WTQ with the map i used at the track .
(#12)
Old

Default 08-10-2015, 12:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxx_mina
The intercooler doesnt have fins that a simple sprayer could help, its not an air to air intercooler, its water/air intercooler...what you need to do is cool the water inside it. I dont think a sprayer would do it at all.. it would need constant cold to cool the IC and the water inside it. I think meth is all you need but since i dont have my kit installed yet, ICE had to do .
Gotcha, it's the same as the N63/S63 systems. I didn't know they went that route on the I6's as well. Before the 650 I had an N54 which was air/air. In my Saleen I had a water/air on the supercharger and the only way to cool it down was going to a larger intercooler and a higher flowing pump, I also had a reservoir that had a large opening to fill with ice on track days so i'm sure in time there will be cooling options aside from methanol.
(#13)
Old

Car: BMW F80
Default 08-18-2015, 02:35 AM

Quote:

My fastest pass was a 11.205@125mph. It was a freak accident. I was trying to see how the car does without Launch Control. If you know this car, you know if you floor it from a dead stop(completely stop and take your foot off the brakes, the car wont move) . What you do is Come to complete stop in 1st gear with traction off and Floor it . the car then revs up and drops the clutch at 4k . I wasnt trying to do this but i did and the car actually hooked and took up . so if you can repeat this, i believe its the best way to launch the car. So i told friends this and they asked why is this better than launch control? Launch Control shifts into 2nd @5900 RPM if you hook (if you spin, it shifts at redline). Anyway this is way too early and i believe it kills the launch. also the 4k clutch drop i believe builds better boost.

That Being said, Later that night i was able to run 11.23@125 using launch control at 3200 RPM.

Note: I dont limit boost in 1st, 2nd or 3rd gear at the track (i only use this on the street and only 1st gear)

Also note, I Placed 10lb of ice on the intercooler between passes . The car ran perfect compared to other nights when i didnt do this. Water cools that intercooler so keep it cold, we need to design an intercooler cover to hold ice or a reservoir that can take advantage of ice.

I think I'm currently 2nd fastest M4/M3 on Dragtimes. Soon to be the fastest and hopefully first 10 second M4

BMW M4 Mods:
305/35/19 NT05R Drag Radials (Tires from http://www.24tire.net/ South Florida's Best Tires)

PS: Thanks to burgertuning.com for the tune and support and thanks to supremepower.com for the parts, thanks to MP Automotive in North Miami for the Labor and www.24tire.net for tires and finally thanks to SpeedInjected in Hallandale for the Dyno.

That's Flying

Last edited by killa_16v; 05-07-2017 at 08:12 AM..
(#14)
Old
Outlaw

Default 08-18-2015, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Down4it
Gotcha, it's the same as the N63/S63 systems. I didn't know they went that route on the I6's as well. Before the 650 I had an N54 which was air/air. In my Saleen I had a water/air on the supercharger and the only way to cool it down was going to a larger intercooler and a higher flowing pump, I also had a reservoir that had a large opening to fill with ice on track days so i'm sure in time there will be cooling options aside from methanol.
Yeah between my 135i and M4 i had a CTSV . same thing, we could'nt upgrade the intercooler because it was inside the supercharger but we upgraded everything else, heat exchanger, pump, resevour. I think people will eventually start doing this with the BMW but its still too foreighn of an IDEA for them... no one has the mix of balls and expertiese to start upgrading this kind of intercooler/heat exchanger set-up yet.

Also, seeing that our cars are built/ love meth... do we need to ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by killa_16v
That's Flying

I only managed to do a 11.278

Hopefully we both break into the 10s

Mind the vid, my nephews made it for me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RAjcXqU6gWU
great job, you gonna make me work hard to keep my spot arent you ...did you try launching without launch control? just floor the car and let it drop the clutch at 4K? (that track didnt look that sticky but your tires look big as ****)

What rpm did you use LC at? when did it shift into 2nd? do you have logs?

Mina
(#15)
Old

Car: 335
Default 09-28-2015, 06:09 PM

Quote:

BMW M4 Mods:

Does you have the ewg connectors connected?? I could not use mine because I use them, the car goes on drivetrain malfunction.