N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#4651)
Old

Car: G70
Default JB4 Mobile App Feature Questions - 10-04-2021, 02:55 PM

Wondered what these two items do?
1) HUD Mode
2) Startup E85 Indicator

I haven't been able to find info on some of the secondary screens of the JB4 mobile app. If there is info available, please provide a link.

Last edited by asenna32; 10-04-2021 at 03:01 PM..
(#4652)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-09-2021, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by asenna32
Wondered what these two items do?
1) HUD Mode
2) Startup E85 Indicator

I haven't been able to find info on some of the secondary screens of the JB4 mobile app. If there is info available, please provide a link.

Best to ask in the JB4 mobile thread specifically. But HUD mode inverses the screen so the app can be projected in the windshield. Not sure what startup E85 indicator in app does, in models where the JB4 has in dash control, it moves the tach to the E85 mix on startup.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#4653)
Old

Car: Kia Sportage SX Turbo
Default 10-10-2021, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaybone
Please do full throttle pulls 40-80+ mph. Pedal to the floor from 40 mph to at least 80 mph (safely)
Here is the runs from my Sportage

One is JB4 off and the other is map 1 all 40 to 80
Attached Files
File Type: csv JB4 off 40mph to 80.csv (10.3 KB, 33 views)
File Type: csv JB4 Map1 40mph to 80.csv (9.5 KB, 31 views)
(#4654)
Old

Car: 2020 Kia Stinger GT1 AWD
Default 10-10-2021, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medicboi

You start with the pedal to the floor and let off. Keep foot buried until you get to 80 mph.

2020 Stinger GT1 AWD CERAMIC SILVER W/RED INTERIOR
JB4 W/FUEL WIRES & EWG WIRES
BMS INTAKES
BMS WMI KIT
BMS OCC
FUEL IT FLEX FUEL KIT
BORLA EXHAUST
STOPTECH FRONT AND REAR PADS
DENSO 5346
SEIBON CARBON FIBER OEM HOOD
NICHE 20" WHEELS MATTE BRONZE
LLUMAR STRATOS CERAMIC WINDOW TINT
STEK DYNOSHIELD FULL FRONT CLEAR BRA
ROAR CERAMIC/GRAPHENE/POLYSILAZANE COATING
OEM PUDDLE LIGHTS INSTALLED AFTERMARKET
OEM FRONT AND REAR SPLASH GUARDS
DRONE MOBILE REMOTE START
(#4655)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-11-2021, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medicboi

Gas pedal isn't 100% down throughout the run but the data side looks OK to me.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#4656)
Old

Car: 2018 Kia Stinger GT2 3.3TT
Default 10-11-2021, 12:26 PM

Terry -

I was on version 18.x of the firmware since it came out. We had a family road trip this weekend and I decided to update to 24.x on Friday. While family in the car and weather since have prevented me from truly spirited driving, I immediately noticed huge drivability improvements. The uncomfortable kick when shifting gears is basically gone now. Power delivery certainly seems smoother. And, placebo effect or not, power delivery seems even better.

I just wanted to drop in and tell you, Terry, job well done! Thank you for a great product and support!

2018 GT2 AWD
(#4657)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-11-2021, 01:03 PM

Thanks we're always pushing things in the right direction.

Burger Motorsports

(#4658)
Old

Car: Kia Stinger
Default 10-19-2021, 08:04 AM

Hey Terry - two partial 4th gear logs, one up to 4k and the other 5.5k.

This was running a mix of 91 and a few gallons of E85. Please note this is at 5300ft altitude.

Unrelated to this, I've still had the JB4 got into protection mode a few times, it shows code 2 as AFR lean. This has only really started happening since I installed the EWG wires. It only happens at low RPM and partial throttle, and sometimes I'll get a CEL light with it. Pulling codes it's usually P25A0 but once I got P259E - the only google result I've found is this P259E Turbocharger Boost Control Position At Low Limit | Hyundai Forums which seems related to EWG actuator.

It's more likely to happen when I'm in cruise control on map 2 in sport, and it feels like the cruise control rolls into the throttle, but the gearbox doesn't shift down. It seems like it keeps targeting higher boost and ends up over boosting.

I can't deterministically reproduce this. I'll have to log a bunch while on cruise control and hope I catch it happening again.

Is it worth disabling the EWG wires in the JB4, or can I tweak some params to target less aggressively?

Do you know if you have anti windup control on the integral for the PID controller implemented in the JB4?
Attached Files
File Type: csv P21_M2_R2_211016_1518.csv (100.3 KB, 26 views)
(#4659)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-19-2021, 08:11 AM

Logs seem fine here, although they don't go to a high enough engine speed to get a full view of it.

There could be a bug with cruise control, EWG connectors, and high elevation. That isn't a combination often tested I'm sure. Try to capture it in a log and email it to me if you need assistance, or turn on options bit5 to disable EWG.

Burger Motorsports

(#4660)
Old

Car: 2012 optima sx
Default Safe? - 10-22-2021, 10:32 PM

Did a few pulls the other night. Switched to map5 just for fun. Trims are high, is this bordering on unsafe? No knocking, pinging etc. Actually noticed that on map6, my ecu will request up to 20psi, seems to top out around 18 on map5, maybe just a coincidence or because of the lower IAT. Pretty decent 0-60 even with the tires squealing. Does this look like it would be safe to run very rarely for just a comparison to my own map, or should I avoid it?
Attached Files
File Type: csv P21_M5_R1_211019_015706.csv (15.6 KB, 30 views)
(#4661)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-23-2021, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sxturbo
Did a few pulls the other night. Switched to map5 just for fun. Trims are high, is this bordering on unsafe? No knocking, pinging etc. Actually noticed that on map6, my ecu will request up to 20psi, seems to top out around 18 on map5, maybe just a coincidence or because of the lower IAT. Pretty decent 0-60 even with the tires squealing. Does this look like it would be safe to run very rarely for just a comparison to my own map, or should I avoid it?
What year/model car and what fuel?
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

(#4662)
Old

Car: 2012 optima sx
Default 10-23-2021, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
What year/model car and what fuel?
2012 kia optima sx. Running 93 /w no ethanol and boostane to bring it up to 97 octane equivalent.
(#4663)
Old

Car: 2021 Stinger GT
Default 10-25-2021, 04:08 AM

Edit : Wrong log attached. Apologies.
Attached Files
File Type: csv Map 4 1st run.csv (11.6 KB, 18 views)

Last edited by Kyrii; 10-25-2021 at 06:12 AM.. Reason: Incorrect log
(#4664)
Old

Default 10-25-2021, 05:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyrii
Hi Terry.

I was wondering if you could review the below log.

21 GT
Map 4
E30

Please do a wide open throttle pull from 40-80+ mph

BMS INTAKES
BMS WMI KIT
BMS OCC
FUEL IT FLEX FUEL KIT
BORLA EXHAUST
DENSO 5346
STEK DYNOSHIELD FULL FRONT CLEAR BRA
ROAR CERAMIC/GRAPHENE/POLYSILAZANE COATING
OEM PUDDLE LIGHTS INSTALLED AFTERMARKET
OEM FRONT AND REAR SPLASH GUARDS
DRONE MOBILE REMOTE START
(#4665)
Old

Car: 2021 Stinger GT
Default 10-25-2021, 06:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaybone
Please do a wide open throttle pull from 40-80+ mph

Oops. Attached the wrong log. I'll rectify tomorrow
(#4666)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-25-2021, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sxturbo
2012 kia optima sx. Running 93 /w no ethanol and boostane to bring it up to 97 octane equivalent.
Got it. We don't have cyl2-4 logging active on those, but the log itself looks fine so I don't see any changes needed.

Burger Motorsports

(#4667)
Old

Car: Kia Cerato GT 1.6 (AUS)
Default 10-27-2021, 03:32 PM

The first post states the below, however from what I can tell this may of been changed a bit since V15. Could Burger Motorsport please confirm that its still the same or if it's changed what are the updated MAP's. The reason I ask is that when I go from MAP1 to MAP 2 it seems there is a significant difference in performance and the Target is constant 2.8 for MAP 1 and 4 for MAP 2, so doesn't seem like its tapering at high RPM and was looking at going to MAP 3.

Thanks

Map guide as of v15+ firmware (selected via JB4 Mobile/laptop interface. Map1 is the default map)

Map 0: JB4 disabled
Map 1: 4psi over stock peak tapering to 2.5psi at high RPM. Default performance map suitable for all 91+ octane fuels.
Map 2: 5psi over stock tapering to 4psi at high RPM. Suggested for 93+ octane fuel.
Map 3: 6psi stock tapering to 5psi at high RPM. Suggested for high quality fuel including unleaded race gas, ethanol mixtures up to 30%, or high quality octane booster like Torco or Boostane.
Map 4: Up to 7psi over stock. For use with unleaded race fuel and/or E85 mixtures up to 30%.
Map 5: Up to 7psi over stock but without top end taper. For unleaded race fuel use and bolt on modifications. May not be suitable for E85 mixtures due to high fuel pressure dropping. If using this map on E85 you should be experienced at reading your own logs and evaluating ignition advance and fuel pressure.
Map 6: User adjustable map. Enter value of boost over stock by RPM on user adjustment page.
Map 7: Progressive WMI (water/meth) map. Increases boost as a function of methanol flow & methanol boost additive. Holds boost low until WMI is flowing to avoid tip-in knock, and reduces boost as a function of WMI flow in the event of interruption like running out of fluid, leak, or component failure.
Map 8: Valet map, runs around half as much boost as stock.
(#4668)
Old

Car: 2019 AWDGT2
Default 10-28-2021, 09:50 AM

Those are still correct. Map selection should not be based off of perceived boost, but logs and the timing specifically.
Also, boost per Map is not a hard number. There are several other factors and metrics the JB takes in to decide how much boost it can *safely add. For example Map1 will shoot for an additional 4psi. But altitude, ambient air, Inlet air, barometric pressure, O2 reading all play into the formula.
(#4669)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-28-2021, 10:46 AM

Map guide in the first post is accurate, post up a JB4 log if you have specific questions on your tuning.

Burger Motorsports

(#4670)
Old

Car: Kia Cerato GT 1.6 (AUS)
Default 10-28-2021, 11:24 PM

Please see my LOG, this is in MAP 2 with 98RON.

Mods I have are CAI, HKS Plugs, MSD Coils and Intercooler resonator delete.

There is a couple of full runs and a couple of 3rd gear pulls (2000RPM-6200rpm)

After your thoughts please.

Thanks

Geoff
Attached Files
File Type: csv Map 2 Cerato GT.csv (106.8 KB, 16 views)

Last edited by gnarmstr; 10-28-2021 at 11:36 PM..
(#4671)
Old
Tuner

Car: 135i
Default 10-29-2021, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnarmstr
Please see my LOG, this is in MAP 2 with 98RON.

Mods I have are CAI, HKS Plugs, MSD Coils and Intercooler resonator delete.

There is a couple of full runs and a couple of 3rd gear pulls (2000RPM-6200rpm)

After your thoughts please.

Thanks

Geoff
Log looks pretty normal...fuel wires are working, timing is fine, etc.

Click on our banner to visit our website!
Video of our Stage 2 LPFP upgrade installation.

BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways.
(#4672)
Old

Car: Kia Stinger
Default 11-07-2021, 02:51 AM

Hi Terry,

Just recently installed the JB4 with fuel wires. Its fitted in a 2.0T Stinger. Upgraded to the recommended HKS plugs, AEM CAI and GFB BOV configured at 75% recirc and 25% atmospheric. On pump gas 97RON, close to 93Octane.

Appreciate if you could have a look at my logs if everything is ok. Thanks.
Attached Files
File Type: csv P21_M2_R8_211107_1431.csv (398.4 KB, 10 views)
File Type: csv P21_M2_R7_211107_1555.csv (87.9 KB, 9 views)
File Type: csv P21_M2_R1_211107_1714.csv (277.5 KB, 8 views)
(#4673)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-07-2021, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SA6YEuro
Hi Terry,

Just recently installed the JB4 with fuel wires. Its fitted in a 2.0T Stinger. Upgraded to the recommended HKS plugs, AEM CAI and GFB BOV configured at 75% recirc and 25% atmospheric. On pump gas 97RON, close to 93Octane.

Appreciate if you could have a look at my logs if everything is ok. Thanks.
Tuning wise it seems fine, but the app is dropping data points for some reason. Photo of JB4 mobile adapter placement?

Burger Motorsports

(#4674)
Old

Car: 21 Kia Forte gt
Default 11-07-2021, 04:23 PM

Could someone take a look at this log for me please and tell me how things look?
Thanks in advance from a noob

Edit: I’m not even sure if that’s the right log, with it off or map 2.. I’m sure y’all can tell
Attached Files
File Type: csv JB4 off 40mph to 80.csv (10.3 KB, 15 views)

Last edited by Forte_chris; 11-07-2021 at 04:26 PM.. Reason: It sure of log
(#4675)
Old

Default 11-07-2021, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forte_chris
Could someone take a look at this log for me please and tell me how things look?
Thanks in advance from a noob

Edit: Iím not even sure if thatís the right log, with it off or map 2.. Iím sure yíall can tell

Your map 0 so nothing to see. Also you need to be wide open throttle which you werenít.

BMS INTAKES
BMS WMI KIT
BMS OCC
FUEL IT FLEX FUEL KIT
BORLA EXHAUST
DENSO 5346