N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old
Tuner

Default 328i dyno results - 07-20-2009, 09:34 PM

Hey guys,

Thought some of you might find this interesting. We're so spoiled with our N54s!

Spent the better part of the day working on our 328i piggyback. It works in two ways. First, it remaps the throttle like a "throttle booster" to make the car feel faster at wide open throttle. Second, we adjust several ECU signals to eek a little more power out of an already solid tune.

This chart represents our first result. Doesn't look like much, but this actually improved the average 0-60 times from 6.7 seconds to 6.5 seconds in our testing. Still plenty of work to go. Hoping to extract a solid 10rw out of it.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#2)
Old

Car: E82 135i
Default 07-20-2009, 09:48 PM

not bad..pump gas ? or race fuel ?

Old : 2007 E92 335i
Best run : 12.5@110,1.8 60ft(JB3 1.2,Tune,100Oct,DCI)56F

Best run with full mods : 12.6@113 2.0 60ft
(JB3 2.0,93+Meth,DCI,Dp's,FMIC) 81F

New : 2008 E82 135i

E.T. : TBD
(#3)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-20-2009, 09:58 PM

VP109 of course!

LOL a can of that would be worth more than this car. Just pump 89 octane.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#4)
Old
God in Training

Default 07-20-2009, 10:23 PM

Not bad! For an N/A car, getting that extra juice takes some work.

'15 BMW M4 DCT: "JB Ready!"
'08 BMW 335i 6AT: JB4, DCI, RR ***
JB3 1.3: 12.424s. 116.23mph.
JB3 1.3, DCI, DP: 12.276s @ 114.22mph, +1386ft DA, 3620lbs.
'13 BMW X5 Xdrive35i Premium
'13 Audi Q5 2.0T P+
'12 BMW R1200GS Rallye
'10 BMW F800GS
'09 Ducati Monster 696
'74 BMW R90S
(#5)
Old

Car: 335i
Default 07-21-2009, 01:11 AM

I love the N/A torque curve... also goes to show that those 3.0l engines are pretty solid. I mean look at old e36 M3s (American model with cheapo engine) with automatics and they dyno around the same if not less...
(#6)
Old
huh?

Car: German car(S)
Default 07-21-2009, 02:10 AM

Interesting terry doing NA engines now? I'd get a tuner for my moms car lol.

2014 CLS 550 Magno Cashmere White
(#7)
Old

Car: 335i E92
Default 07-21-2009, 02:59 AM

Terry,

Can you also tune Volvo station wagons? That would put a whole new meaning on the word "sleeper"...
(#8)
Old
Banned

Car: N54, 2011 Mustang 5.0
Default 07-21-2009, 04:54 AM

I am tempted to move this to off-topic......lol. Good to see process being made.
(#9)
Old

Car: 2009 135i Coupe AT
Default 07-21-2009, 07:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
VP109 of course!

LOL a can of that would be worth more than this car. Just pump 89 octane.

JB3 2.0 Beta 18 ohm| BMS DCI | BT Tool | BMS Tuning Guage | BMS o2 Fix | BMS Stage 3 Chip Burner
AR Design CL *** |Helix FMIC | KDW2s | H&R Sport Springs | 3M 35% Tint
Coolingmist CMGS Progressive/Fail Safe Meth Kit w/Flow Sensor
(#10)
Old
Administrator

Send a message via AIM to BSM 335I
Default 07-21-2009, 08:28 AM

dang! that's all just wow!
(#11)
Old

Default 07-21-2009, 10:13 AM

Terry any plans on working on any other platforms in the future ? I'm sure there's alot of guys who would love to have a ''Juicebox'' on their GT-R's,etc.

Old : 2007 E92 335i
Best run : 12.5@110,1.8 60ft(JB3 1.2,Tune,100Oct,DCI)56F

Best run with full mods : 12.6@113 2.0 60ft
(JB3 2.0,93+Meth,DCI,Dp's,FMIC) 81F

New : 2008 E82 135i

E.T. : TBD
(#12)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-21-2009, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by E92White
Terry any plans on working on any other platforms in the future ? I'm sure there's alot of guys who would love to have a ''Juicebox'' on their GT-R's,etc.
We always have our eyes open for markets that suit our talents. But most of those obvious markets like the GT-R are completely saturated.

Burger Motorsports

(#13)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-11-2009, 06:49 PM

Good news, also works on the 325i!

Burger Motorsports

(#14)
Old
Administrator

Car: M340i,X5,Raptor,C7 ZR1
Default 10-13-2009, 12:30 PM

It's Coming.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, and S63s!

(#15)
Old
Senior Lurker

Car: E90 335i Black/Black
Default 10-14-2009, 01:35 PM

Has the power increased since the last dyno posted here?
(#16)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-14-2009, 02:00 PM

More or less the same. But throttle response is excellent!

Burger Motorsports

(#17)
Old
Administrator

Default 10-14-2009, 02:05 PM

Quote:
More or less the same. But throttle response is excellent!
Yeah, It makes the car react the way it should have all along. I love it.

Here is the Pre-Order Link for the BMS Power Box.

http://burgertuning.com/BMS_Power_Box.html

Yes, it works on both N52B25 and N52B30 motors. Including Xi.

Burger Motorsports

(#18)
Old

Car: 135i
Default 01-12-2010, 11:21 PM

I'm seriously considering buying this piggyback for my 328i in March when I should have some spare cash. I just have one question, my intake has been causing Service Engine Soon lights for a long time (which have resulted in replaced fuel pump and cats) so is it likely that when the piggyback adapts to work with the intake that my car will stop throwing these false codes? I'm convinced the o2 sensor went bad which would cause extra fuel to enter the exhaust which would explain the fried cats, at least that's what I've been lead to believe.
(#19)
Old
Administrator

Default 01-12-2010, 11:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remonster
I'm seriously considering buying this piggyback for my 328i in March when I should have some spare cash. I just have one question, my intake has been causing Service Engine Soon lights for a long time (which have resulted in replaced fuel pump and cats) so is it likely that when the piggyback adapts to work with the intake that my car will stop throwing these false codes? I'm convinced the o2 sensor went bad which would cause extra fuel to enter the exhaust which would explain the fried cats, at least that's what I've been lead to believe.
I can't say the BMS Power Box will cure anything, But it will add more horses with or without the intake, maybe more with it.

As for your check engine light I would remove the aftermarket intake and see if the check engine light goes off with the stock intake.

You can also pick up a Bavarian Technic Diagnostic Cable and see whats going on yourself.

Burger Motorsports

(#20)
Old

Default 01-13-2010, 11:38 PM

I've taken it off and taken it to the dealer a bunch of times, I was just curious to see if there was any possibility that the tune would help anything. I'll most likely get it either way.
(#21)
Old

Default 04-26-2010, 11:59 AM

I wanted to give an update, it seems like the Powerbox is actually helping my car run a lot better. It was running lean before when I would use my Injen intake but I've had it for a few hundred miles now with no Service Engine Soon light in sight. Before I would notice performance start to suffer after a few days of driving with the intake as if the car was pulling timing or something and eventually I'd get the SES light but as long as I have the PBX on one of the performance maps it just pulls hard all the time.

Before I was dead even with my friend's DSG GTI from a roll but now I pull on him even when I have a passenger. Definitely glad I spent the money.
(#22)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-26-2010, 12:04 PM

Very glad to hear! We need some more N52 enthusiasts in this forum LOL.

Burger Motorsports

(#23)
Old
Administrator

Default 04-26-2010, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remonster
I wanted to give an update, it seems like the Powerbox is actually helping my car run a lot better. It was running lean before when I would use my Injen intake but I've had it for a few hundred miles now with no Service Engine Soon light in sight. Before I would notice performance start to suffer after a few days of driving with the intake as if the car was pulling timing or something and eventually I'd get the SES light but as long as I have the PBX on one of the performance maps it just pulls hard all the time.

Before I was dead even with my friend's DSG GTI from a roll but now I pull on him even when I have a passenger. Definitely glad I spent the money.
Yeah, I love it. It really makes the car!

Burger Motorsports

(#24)
Old

Default 04-26-2010, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Very glad to hear! We need some more N52 enthusiasts in this forum LOL.
It's actually an N51 and is potentially a lemon so I may be getting into an N54 (or even N55) in a few months worst case I want to try and get a 2011 328i but either way I'll definitely be running one of the BMS piggybacks again.
(#25)
Old

Car: X5
Default 04-08-2011, 06:44 PM

what? those dyno numbers were off of 89? can I run 89 in my n52?