N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: 2011 BMW 335IS
Default Q:MHD+N20 transitioning from flash only custom tune - 12-05-2020, 05:48 PM

Hey guys,

New to MHD and have some basic questions:

I'm flashing back to stock (temporarily) to pass emissions. For reference this car is a 2011 335IS, N54, FBO, custom tune, w/N20 sensor, *flash only*, not running MHD or JB4 or COBB or anything. I just purchased MHD, backed up my current flash, and flashed back to stock, she starts but she's not happy and doesn't want to idle now.

1) Do I need to swap back to a stock map sensor for the stock flash to run correctly? I just filled it up with 93 also to prep for this.

2) Do I need anything to get the O2 readiness other than do the BMW driving cycle? I don't have stock cats to re-fit, so I suspect the 2nd O2 will not ready up without a device, like an o2 simulator? Has anyone gotten o2 readiness in this configuration, feedback welcome.

3) After I pass, I want to flash my custom tune via MHD, but my question is whether I check the box for N20 map sensor or not. I don't know if MHD reinterprets the tune file with that checked differently than without it checked. My hope is that MHD simply sets the MAP Conversion table appropriately and there isn't anything else affected. In which case, checking that box would overwrite using the same values that are already there which are {0.5: 2.90},{4.65, 36.25}. Can any tuners confirm that's what MHD actually does with this checkbox?

Thanks guys!

2011 335IS: DCI, VRSF Inlets, VRSF IC, VRSF DP, Stage 2 LPFP, E50 custom tune, N20, Dodson sportsman plus DCT clutch pack, M4 flywheel.

IG: @QuestFor10s
(#2)
Old

Car: 2008 335xi
Default 12-06-2020, 04:30 AM

1- yes this is your running issue, put the stock map in or flash MHD with the n20 map option

2- you will need an o2 *** to get the catalyst monitor set. Spacers don’t work on this platform. There are forum posts on how to build one or I think vrsf might sell them still

3- if you leave n20 tmap unchecked MHD won’t mess with the scaling table on your tune

335xi sedan 6mt / MMP 1k turbos / MHD FlexFuel + AIC6 PI / South Bend Stg3 clutch
535xi wagon 6mt / ebay 17t / FBO
(#3)
Old

Car: E60 535i
Default 12-06-2020, 07:57 AM

I made the device posted here and it worked great.

N54: Make your own oxygen sensor tuner

N54
FBO
E40
JB4
MHD
XHP
(#4)
Old

Car: 2011 BMW 335IS
Default Thanks gents, here's my results.. - 12-26-2020, 07:04 PM

I flashed back to stock and fitted a stock MAP sensor and the car runs fine now, thank you for the tip fn42.

I made the DP Fix circuit dmckmc linked to and installed it just fine, but as it explains you have to fiddle with the potentiometer to get it not to high and not too low. I started with it about in the middle and then began doing the BMW drive cycle test.

The first code I got was:
2C31-DME: Oxygen sensor emissions control.
2C6A-DME: Oxygen sensors after catalytic converter: mixed up.

So I reset codes, adjusted the pot slightly higher, did drive cycle and got:
2C31-DME: Oxygen sensor emissions control.
2C6B-DME: Oxygen sensor after catalytic converter: System check.

I then reset codes and removed the DP fix circuit, did drive cycle and got:
No DME codes
Everything is in "Complete" state except for Oxygen Sensor and Evaporative System.

I'm wondering what to do to get the Oxygen Sensor in complete state, just keep driving? I did about 2 hours of driving thus far.

I'll do some research on the above codes, but does anyone have feedback?

thanks,
QuestFor10s

2011 335IS: DCI, VRSF Inlets, VRSF IC, VRSF DP, Stage 2 LPFP, E50 custom tune, N20, Dodson sportsman plus DCT clutch pack, M4 flywheel.

IG: @QuestFor10s