N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: 335is
Default 2013 e93 335is n54 jb4 issues - 09-04-2019, 09:39 PM

Often times when Iím logging or doing pulls at high rpm the Ecu will throw engine malfunction codes and put it into limp mode..

other times it automatically throws jb4 into map4 regardless if I have it on map 6 or 5, it happens more often when on map 5.

Iíve taken the guess it might be the afr, or fuel pump isnít doing its job.. below are logs attached please help! Much appreciated.

All these maps have pulls from 3rd gear dsc completely off, if I didnít do them correctly pls lmk

Codes that occur are ******* down ***** and lambda trimming control
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2019-08-27 14_50_40_Map-6.csv (78.9 KB, 122 views)
File Type: csv 2019-08-27 14_53_35_Map-4.csv (57.2 KB, 131 views)
File Type: csv 2019-08-27 14_55_17_Map-5.csv (40.5 KB, 132 views)
(#2)
Old

Default bump - 09-07-2019, 12:05 AM

bumpbumpbump help
(#3)
Old
Demigod

Car: 2008 E93
Default 09-07-2019, 12:22 AM

Bad 02 sensor ?
(#4)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: E92 335XI
Default 09-08-2019, 10:44 AM

Staying in open loop

AFR looks really lean.- looks like a bad o2

Side note- your running old firmware- I’d update / flash the latest BEF

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#5)
Old

Default 09-27-2019, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave @ BMS/Fuel-It!
Staying in open loop

AFR looks really lean.- looks like a bad o2

Side note- your running old firmware- Iíd update / flash the latest BEF

I flashed the latest firmware, ordered 02 sensors, and now Iím trying to decide to get the fuel it stage 2 bucketless or bucket fuel pump upgrade. Iím running stock turbos currently but plan on upgrading later on down the road when they go. The goal is to run e85 once I get this fuel pump upgrade and hopefully these o2 sensors fix the auto tune for my jb4..

Which fuel pump do you recommend?
(#6)
Old

Default 09-27-2019, 03:38 PM

Thanks for the replies guys!
(#7)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 09-27-2019, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadez_is
I flashed the latest firmware, ordered 02 sensors, and now Iím trying to decide to get the fuel it stage 2 bucketless or bucket fuel pump upgrade. Iím running stock turbos currently but plan on upgrading later on down the road when they go. The goal is to run e85 once I get this fuel pump upgrade and hopefully these o2 sensors fix the auto tune for my jb4..

Canít go wrong with either- the Bucketless is modular / flows more than our standard Bucketed 2- personally based on your goals, Iíd go Bucketless

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#8)
Old
Demigod

Car: 2008 E93
Default 09-27-2019, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadez_is

If planning on full E85 in the future, stage 3 depending on whp goal. For sure a stage 2 though. Been bucketless since upgrades and zero issues.
(#9)
Old

Default 10-01-2019, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE BEAST
If planning on full E85 in the future, stage 3 depending on whp goal. For sure a stage 2 though. Been bucketless since upgrades and zero issues.
I ordered the bucketless, figured it was the best bet for the current setup. I do want to run full e85 what percentages should I trickle it into? I was reading people do 30% and then work it up to higher percentages.
(#10)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 10-01-2019, 10:10 PM

E30 is common for most to start with... you can use our pump flash still for that.

Once you jump to say e40-60- you’ll want to switch to our other flash

Burger Motorsports

(#11)
Old

Default 10-02-2019, 03:19 PM

So I replaced the o2 sensors (upstream) and still no luck fixing this issue Iím having w the jb4...

I attached the most recent log I did, 3rd gear dsc off.

It feels like itís struggling when I get to 4K rpm then it gets past the struggle point and gives me more power.. it looks like my throttle is giving up the goodie. However I have no clue how to read logs.

Appreciate the help!! Pls lmk what u guys think is the issue itís really starting to spook me now..was
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2019-10-02 18_05_07_Map-5.csv (149.6 KB, 116 views)
(#12)
Old

Default 10-02-2019, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave @ BMS/Fuel-It!
E30 is common for most to start with... you can use our pump flash still for that.

Once you jump to say e40-60- youíll want to switch to our other flash

Good stuff thanks!! I really appreciate the help!
(#13)
Old

Default Jb4 firmware - 10-02-2019, 03:50 PM

I am unsure if I have the correct firmware for my jb4, could someone link me to the firmware for full control over my juice box? This vehicle is transitioning into a track car and I have been reading that this newer jb4 model isnít all that... I am beginning to learn that when doing pulls the juice box is limiting my results.

Itís to the point where I canít do a pull without the jb4 thinking something is wrong and it throws me into map 4 mid pull.

Iím debating just ditching the jb4 completely and moving onto a whole different tuning setup. Iíd like to know what everyoneís thoughts are before doing this. If possible Iíd like to correct these issues the jb4 is having..
(#14)
Old

Exclamation 10-02-2019, 04:30 PM

I now have 2 new codes after replacing the 02 sensors

2c9c lambda probe heating in front of ***
&
2fbe fuel pressure after motor stop

I have read every thread regarding these codes and have found nothing. I really need some help. I do not want to go to bmw, especially just for some shadow codes if that is the case...

Starting to prepare for the worse...