N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#276)
Old
Sirdaft1's Avatar
Sirdaft1 Sirdaft1 is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 117
Join Date: Jun 2014
Car: E90 335i
Default 08-07-2015, 10:40 PM

Sorry for all then crap you're going thru. Wish Level 10 would just step up, make things right with you, and then be transparent with the rest of us if what they have is actually more than snake oil. There would be insane demand for their trans upgrade for us 6AT guys if they weren't so friggin shady.
Reply With Quote
(#277)
Old
ms335i ms335i is offline
Senior Member
 
Posts: 576
Join Date: Jul 2015
Car: 2007 BMW 335i
Default 08-07-2015, 10:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirdaft1
Sorry for all then crap you're going thru. Wish Level 10 would just step up, make things right with you, and then be transparent with the rest of us if what they have is actually more than snake oil. There would be insane demand for their trans upgrade for us 6AT guys if they weren't so friggin shady.
sirdaft1 gimme that trans :D
Reply With Quote
(#278)
Old
Dmac @ BMS/DMD's Avatar
Dmac @ BMS/DMD Dmac @ BMS/DMD is offline
Legend
 
Posts: 1,312
Join Date: Aug 2013
Car: 2008 135i
Default 08-08-2015, 10:04 AM

If Level 10 won't work with me Monday on fixing the remaining hardware issues and I have to let the dispute continue, are there any other companies out there willing to tackle my 5th gear problems?


2008 135i 4L80E Swap - 807 WHP
VM 6466 Single Turbo Kit | JB4 | BMS Flash via MHD | Fuel-It Stage 3 | BMS Port Injection | E85


For all JB4 Mobile/Connect Kit requests, email me at: support@jb4connectkit.com

For JB4 Mobile feedback (bug reports, minor annoyances, etc.), email me at: feedback@jb4connectkit.com
Reply With Quote
(#279)
Old
robc1976's Avatar
robc1976 robc1976 is offline
Demigod
 
Posts: 1,557
Join Date: Mar 2012
Car: 2007 335i
Default 08-08-2015, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmac @ BMS/DMD
Update:

Decided to take a chance and swap the solenoids and guess what...
THE WEIRD SHIFTS ARE GONE!!! The only problem that remains is that the car won't hold 5th gear. 1-2,2-3,3-4 are all fine, but 4-5 slips back into 4th. I'm going to assume this is probably an issue with the clutches as I received a gear ratio monitoring code not too long ago. But this PROVES that the issue was hardware related all along. On Monday I'm going to give Level 10 a call and offer them a chance to make this right. If they want me to drop the dispute/chargeback, I want to be FULLY reimbursed for all of my travel, parts, and labor it took for me to fix something that they should have replaced a long time ago. I'll post video proof that the "weird shift" is currently gone later and will update this thread again on Monday when I speak with them.

Video proof:
awesome!


JB4 G5, ***** flash, 455 LPFP, HFS-4 meth kit, BMS OCC, VM 6466 ST, RB valve, BMS DCI, 3" AR ***, Custom OC W/ SS lines, ER FMIC, ER CP W/HKS BOV, M3 control arms, M3 guide rods, M3 upper links, M3 front & rear sway-bars, HPA rear toe arms, Wavetrac LSD, HPF Gen 2 exhaust DEFIV kit, KW clubsort, Delrin solid subfrane bushings, stoptech rotors, Rogue Tranny Mounts, 1M bumper, M3 CF hood, MORR VS8.2 rims 245/295
Reply With Quote
(#280)
Old
enrita's Avatar
enrita enrita is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 291
Join Date: Sep 2008
Car: 335i
Default 08-08-2015, 11:05 AM

mine doesnt do that at all shifts fine on all gears up to 23 psi (cant boost more on 'E85 till i change lpfp). only issue i have is a weird hooking up when on low rpm, normally between 2200-2600 giving low gas probably when the torque converter is engaging. Mostly on D mode. S mode better because rpm are way higher.


07 335i AT - MOTIV 750 - MHD BMS E85 Flash - BMS PI - JB4G5 - Okada Coils - NGK 5992 Plugs - Helix IC - Snow Stg. 3 - Stett CP - Custom midpipes with 100 HJS Cats - Bastuck Quad - PSS10 - QUAIFE LSD - BMS OCC - Forge DVs - AR OC - ALCON BBK - M3 Chassi - Dinan CP - Velocity M rear Toe arms - Advan RZ-DF - LUX H8 - Level 10 AT upgrade
Reply With Quote
(#281)
Old
Optigrab Optigrab is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 61
Join Date: Jul 2015
Car: 08 135i 6AT
Default 08-10-2015, 08:46 AM

[QUOTE=Dmac @ BMS/DMD;397000]Update:

Decided to take a chance and swap the solenoids and guess what...
THE WEIRD SHIFTS ARE GONE!!! The only problem that remains is that the car won't hold 5th gear. 1-2,2-3,3-4 are all fine, but 4-5 slips back into 4th. I'm going to assume this is probably an issue with the clutches as I received a gear ratio monitoring code not too long ago. But this PROVES that the issue was hardware related all along. On Monday I'm going to give Level 10 a call and offer them a chance to make this right. If they want me to drop the dispute/chargeback, I want to be FULLY reimbursed for all of my travel, parts, and labor it took for me to fix something that they should have replaced a long time ago. I'll post video proof that the "weird shift" is currently gone later and will update this thread again on Monday when I speak with them.



I don't understand how new solenoids were not included in the super expensive rebuild or the troubleshooting. They must have some quality control issues
Reply With Quote
(#282)
Old
wgknestrick wgknestrick is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 36
Join Date: Aug 2015
Car: 2011: 335Xi
Default 08-10-2015, 10:07 AM

Just data dumping here what I have found through some heavy Googling:


Exedy offers upgraded clutches for 6R90s (ford variant) and 6HP26

http://www.exedyusa.com/race_clutch/...ssion_kits.php

Exedy claims these clutches have both run sub 10s quarters. We do not know if these are compatible with our transmission. This is hope that some type of solution exists for big HP guys.



Good overview on our transmission and common issues:
https://sayyarti.wordpress.com/2015/...ission-issues/


Link to Sonnax repair kit
http://www.sonnax.com/parts/3052
http://www.sonnax.com/units/415-ZF6HP26
forum experiences from zip kit
http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...=788295&page=2
Reply With Quote
(#283)
Old
erichale's Avatar
erichale erichale is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 397
Join Date: May 2014
Car: 335i coupe
Default 08-10-2015, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmac @ BMS/DMD
If Level 10 won't work with me Monday on fixing the remaining hardware issues and I have to let the dispute continue, are there any other companies out there willing to tackle my 5th gear problems?
Have you contacted IPT yet and asked about their rebuilds? I think they do alot more extensive work with the trany AND valvebody than level 10. Its worth a phone call.


07 335i AT/CUSTOM 6870 GEN2 ST/VAC ENGINE AND STAGE 3 HEAD/FABFACTORY INTAKE W/PI/1000HP AD FMIC/EOS BILLET FUEL SETUP/BL COILS/DUAL OIL COOLERS/RB EXTERNAL PCV/PD TRANY W COOLER/M3 FRONT N REAR SUSPENSION W/ROUGE BEARINGS/HOTCHKIS ADJUSTABLE END LINKS/ADUSTABLE REAR TOE ARMS AND CAMBER LINKS/EIBACH SWAYBARS/BC RACING BR COILOVERS AND CAMBER PLATES/AKG REAR SUBFRAME, DIFF, REAR SHOCK BUSHINGS/POWER FLEX BUSHINGS/WAVETRAC REAR DIFF WITH DEFIV BRACE AND VAC COVER/4IN EXHAUST
Reply With Quote
(#284)
Old
livnpaintball2 livnpaintball2 is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 258
Join Date: Jul 2013
Car: 135
Default 08-11-2015, 09:44 AM

Level 10 sucks with their over inflated hp ratings, total rip off. I sent my Torque converter to Circle D for rebuild and did my valve body with a Sonnax Zip Kit with new stock clutch packs. Hope to have it running soon.


2016 Mustang GTPP Whipple! 650rwhp, easy..


08 135i-sold!!
DCI
JB4 Iso5
Dp
VVT stage1
Berk cb
7" intercooler
Chargepipe
Wavetrac

Thor 12.9 mega motor installed!
Reply With Quote
(#285)
Old
Race8877's Avatar
Race8877 Race8877 is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 437
Join Date: Apr 2015
Car: BMW 135I
Default 08-11-2015, 12:21 PM

Level10=0. They never even returned my e-mails. Over price crap in my opinion.
Reply With Quote
(#286)
Old
Dmac @ BMS/DMD's Avatar
Dmac @ BMS/DMD Dmac @ BMS/DMD is offline
Legend
 
Posts: 1,312
Join Date: Aug 2013
Car: 2008 135i
Default 08-11-2015, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optigrab

I don't understand how new solenoids were not included in the super expensive rebuild or the troubleshooting. They must have some quality control issues
Yea, I don't understand either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wgknestrick
Just data dumping here what I have found through some heavy Googling:


Exedy offers upgraded clutches for 6R90s (ford variant) and 6HP26

http://www.exedyusa.com/race_clutch/...ssion_kits.php

Exedy claims these clutches have both run sub 10s quarters. We do not know if these are compatible with our transmission. This is hope that some type of solution exists for big HP guys.



Good overview on our transmission and common issues:
https://sayyarti.wordpress.com/2015/...ission-issues/


Link to Sonnax repair kit
http://www.sonnax.com/parts/3052
http://www.sonnax.com/units/415-ZF6HP26
forum experiences from zip kit
http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...=788295&page=2
Lots of good info!

Depending on how this pans out though, I'll probably just hop on the 4L80E train when it is available.

Quote:
Originally Posted by erichale
Have you contacted IPT yet and asked about their rebuilds? I think they do alot more extensive work with the trany AND valvebody than level 10. Its worth a phone call.
After thinking about it, if Level 10 won't pull through and correct this situation, I'll probably just wait for the 4L80E build.

Also, I've decided to start recording my phone calls for better record-keeping and complete transparency of my experience with Level 10. According to my research Kentucky and New Jersey are "one party consent" states, meaning as long as 1 person (myself) gives consent, the recording is perfectly legal. I've posted my 3 phone calls with Level 10 since Monday at the bottom of my webpage. If I come across as a jerk in the recordings, sorry. I've been getting the run-around from Level 10 since April.

http://dmacpro91.com/LevelTenSaga/

Edit: I've removed the recordings from my website temporarily. If you're truly interested in hearing how Level 10 handles their phone conversations, pm me.


2008 135i 4L80E Swap - 807 WHP
VM 6466 Single Turbo Kit | JB4 | BMS Flash via MHD | Fuel-It Stage 3 | BMS Port Injection | E85


For all JB4 Mobile/Connect Kit requests, email me at: support@jb4connectkit.com

For JB4 Mobile feedback (bug reports, minor annoyances, etc.), email me at: feedback@jb4connectkit.com

Last edited by Dmac @ BMS/DMD; 08-11-2015 at 03:58 PM..
Reply With Quote
(#287)
Old
Zombie1 Zombie1 is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 42
Join Date: Mar 2013
Car: 2010 135i
Default 08-11-2015, 02:06 PM

I'm out of the loop so sorry if this has been answered, is there a company working on swapping a 4L80E transmission over into the n54? Glad to see the car is at least semi working OP.
Reply With Quote
(#288)
Old
Dmac @ BMS/DMD's Avatar
Dmac @ BMS/DMD Dmac @ BMS/DMD is offline
Legend
 
Posts: 1,312
Join Date: Aug 2013
Car: 2008 135i
Default 08-11-2015, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie1
I'm out of the loop so sorry if this has been answered, is there a company working on swapping a 4L80E transmission over into the n54? Glad to see the car is at least semi working OP.
Horsepower Barn and AD Engineering I believe.


2008 135i 4L80E Swap - 807 WHP
VM 6466 Single Turbo Kit | JB4 | BMS Flash via MHD | Fuel-It Stage 3 | BMS Port Injection | E85


For all JB4 Mobile/Connect Kit requests, email me at: support@jb4connectkit.com

For JB4 Mobile feedback (bug reports, minor annoyances, etc.), email me at: feedback@jb4connectkit.com
Reply With Quote
(#289)
Old
swat's Avatar
swat swat is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 281
Join Date: Jan 2015
Car: 07 335i
Default 08-11-2015, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmac @ BMS/DMD
Horsepower Barn and AD Engineering I believe.
Just so the information is here too, what is the 4L80E out of and what's the projected capabilities?


----------------
Stacked BMS Flash & JB4, Dinan CAI, ER Chargepipe, 7" VRSF Intercooler, VRSF DP's, ER Sport Oil Cooler w/Steel lines, Gunmetal 19" VMR V710's, 335is clutch, Wavetrac LSD, M3 FSB, M3 Front & Rear Control arms, M3 RSB, M3 rear subframe bushings, M3 guide rods
Reply With Quote
(#290)
Old
Race8877's Avatar
Race8877 Race8877 is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 437
Join Date: Apr 2015
Car: BMW 135I
Default 09-07-2015, 09:28 AM

Any news on level 0 ????
Reply With Quote
(#291)
Old
Nniftyfour's Avatar
Nniftyfour Nniftyfour is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 377
Join Date: Sep 2014
Car: 335xi
Default 09-19-2015, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erichale
Have you contacted IPT yet and asked about their rebuilds? I think they do alot more extensive work with the trany AND valvebody than level 10. Its worth a phone call.
I doubt they do more extensive work. Level 10 actually does a lot, having spent some time at their shop they do some pretty comprehensive stuff to the valvebody including solenoid work.

The problem lies in the super advanced software that runs our gearboxes. Theres a base line calibration for the solenoids and an adaptation modifier in addition there is at least 4 separate shifting programs. two in drive and two in sport mode.

My previous remarks was based on info that was incorrect as well as an unidentified problem on my car... My throttle body was going bad which was affecting shift quality. Reseting adaptations relieved this making it seem like the software was going out of calibration.

Currently the product isn't perfect every time but I'll be working with them to fix the issues. I have both a full build and a just VB conversion car to work with as well as full dealer tools/tool32.

The owner of this shop REALLY knows transmissions, don't count them out yet. I'll update things as we find solutions.
Reply With Quote
(#292)
Old
Zombie1 Zombie1 is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 42
Join Date: Mar 2013
Car: 2010 135i
Default 09-20-2015, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nniftyfour
I doubt they do more extensive work. Level 10 actually does a lot, having spent some time at their shop they do some pretty comprehensive stuff to the valvebody including solenoid work.

The problem lies in the super advanced software that runs our gearboxes. Theres a base line calibration for the solenoids and an adaptation modifier in addition there is at least 4 separate shifting programs. two in drive and two in sport mode.

My previous remarks was based on info that was incorrect as well as an unidentified problem on my car... My throttle body was going bad which was affecting shift quality. Reseting adaptations relieved this making it seem like the software was going out of calibration.

Currently the product isn't perfect every time but I'll be working with them to fix the issues. I have both a full build and a just VB conversion car to work with as well as full dealer tools/tool32.

The owner of this shop REALLY knows transmissions, don't count them out yet. I'll update things as we find solutions.
That's great and all, but they shouldn't even be selling these upgrades till they get them to actually do what they say they do like hold 700hp+ because they simply do not work...
Reply With Quote
(#293)
Old
yournamehere90 yournamehere90 is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 93
Join Date: Aug 2015
Car: 2008 535i
Default 09-20-2015, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swat
Just so the information is here too, what is the 4L80E out of and what's the projected capabilities?
4L80E is a General Motors transmission found in many rear drive and 4 wheel drive applications. 4 stands for the number of gears, L for longitudinally mounted engine, 80 for gross vehicle weight capacity, and E for electronic. It was used in the heavy duty pickups and SUVs. Not sure why they would build a 4L80E when there is a newer 6 speed 6L80E that GM has been using for years.
Reply With Quote
(#294)
Old
ferocity02 ferocity02 is offline
Senior Member
 
Posts: 586
Join Date: Jun 2014
Car: 2007 BMW E90 335i
Default 09-20-2015, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by livnpaintball2
Level 10 sucks with their over inflated hp ratings, total rip off. I sent my Torque converter to Circle D for rebuild and did my valve body with a Sonnax Zip Kit with new stock clutch packs. Hope to have it running soon.
How did this turn out? I'm thinking of replacing the solenoids and doing the Zip Kit. I'm getting some weird and inconsistent shifts; flare, soft then harsh, etc.


2013 135is DCT Carbon Black
Reply With Quote
(#295)
Old
ferocity02 ferocity02 is offline
Senior Member
 
Posts: 586
Join Date: Jun 2014
Car: 2007 BMW E90 335i
Default 09-21-2015, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swat
Just so the information is here too, what is the 4L80E out of and what's the projected capabilities?
4L80E's were used primarily in GM vehicles, usually the HD versions such at the 2500 series Sierra and Silverado. They were also common in vans and even Jaguar, Aston Martin, and Bentley has used them in some cars.

The 4L80E is essentially a 4-speed version of the famous Turbo 400 (TH400) that is very common in drag racing. As a result they share many common parts and there is a TON of knowledge out there on how to build and upgrade them.

Bone stock they are good for 400-500 rwhp. With just an HD-2 shift kit you can reliably get up to ~600 rwhp. Extra tuning for shift pressures can net even more. A 4L80E with a shift kit and some tuning will go a loooong way.

After that the common upgrades are 300M shafts, billet clutch hubs, rollerized parts, dual-feed direct clutch (which is what the HD-2 kit will accomplish, can also be done internally), etc. In the end they can handle upwards of 1500 rwhp. At this point you're looking at $4000+ to have it professionally built or about half that to do it yourself.

I bought a 4L80E from the local junkyard for $500 with 70K miles and it was in pristine condition when I rebuilt it. Definitely did not need a rebuild but I was upgrading it anyways.


2013 135is DCT Carbon Black
Reply With Quote
(#296)
Old
Race8877's Avatar
Race8877 Race8877 is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 437
Join Date: Apr 2015
Car: BMW 135I
Default 09-21-2015, 12:34 PM

Come on guys about time somebody comes out with a full tranny rebuild holding at least
800HP. Reliable HP with out any slippage or ****.
Reply With Quote
(#297)
Old
Nniftyfour's Avatar
Nniftyfour Nniftyfour is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 377
Join Date: Sep 2014
Car: 335xi
Default 09-21-2015, 01:19 PM

Its REALLY freaking hard with no direct software control.
Reply With Quote
(#298)
Old
Zombie1 Zombie1 is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 42
Join Date: Mar 2013
Car: 2010 135i
Default 09-22-2015, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nniftyfour
Its REALLY freaking hard with no direct software control.
I get that I'm not trying to be rude or anything. It's just they know they're upgrades don't work. They continue to sell them and advertise them as a fully working upgrade to unsuspecting customers. How many other car companies build a product and put it into production with out testing said products first? I'm not a tech savvy guy with cars in that sense. I work for my family business doing commercial Roofing. That's like me telling a customer your new roof will last 25 years and with stand 150mph winds, and in reality it ripped off 2 months later with a 50mph gust of wind. I just want someone to find a way to fix this so I can go for big power.

Last edited by Zombie1; 09-22-2015 at 12:34 PM..
Reply With Quote
(#299)
Old
Dmac @ BMS/DMD's Avatar
Dmac @ BMS/DMD Dmac @ BMS/DMD is offline
Legend
 
Posts: 1,312
Join Date: Aug 2013
Car: 2008 135i
Default 09-25-2015, 03:32 PM

Oh boy do I have some interesting news!!!

So I spoke with my case worker yesterday and heard Level 10's response to the dispute.

1) They say I've loaded "custom" software onto the transmission. Hahahaha. Really?!? I've somehow cracked the TCU's encryption and written custom software for it? Yea, they're not talking about the Alpina flash (which everyone uses), they're saying I actually made a custom flash for the transmission and that is what is wrong with it. I'm good with software and hardware to a point, but that is well beyond anything I'm capable of.

2) They say they didn't see proof of a 3rd party mechanic validating the problems even though that's what my case worker sent out to them in the first packet. I have a letter from the mechanic that does the work on my car (did my ST install, LSD install, and trans install) validating that the problem is related to the work Level 10 did on the transmission.

Please everyone just do yourself a favor and STAY AWAY FROM LEVEL 10. They are actually making up lies now to try to get out of refunding me for their shoddy work. I'm truly appalled by their actions in this situation.


2008 135i 4L80E Swap - 807 WHP
VM 6466 Single Turbo Kit | JB4 | BMS Flash via MHD | Fuel-It Stage 3 | BMS Port Injection | E85


For all JB4 Mobile/Connect Kit requests, email me at: support@jb4connectkit.com

For JB4 Mobile feedback (bug reports, minor annoyances, etc.), email me at: feedback@jb4connectkit.com
Reply With Quote
(#300)
Old
Nniftyfour's Avatar
Nniftyfour Nniftyfour is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 377
Join Date: Sep 2014
Car: 335xi
Default 09-26-2015, 07:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmac @ BMS/DMD
Oh boy do I have some interesting news!!!

So I spoke with my case worker yesterday and heard Level 10's response to the dispute.

1) They say I've loaded "custom" software onto the transmission. Hahahaha. Really?!? I've somehow cracked the TCU's encryption and written custom software for it? Yea, they're not talking about the Alpina flash (which everyone uses), they're saying I actually made a custom flash for the transmission and that is what is wrong with it. I'm good with software and hardware to a point, but that is well beyond anything I'm capable of.

2) They say they didn't see proof of a 3rd party mechanic validating the problems even though that's what my case worker sent out to them in the first packet. I have a letter from the mechanic that does the work on my car (did my ST install, LSD install, and trans install) validating that the problem is related to the work Level 10 did on the transmission.

Please everyone just do yourself a favor and STAY AWAY FROM LEVEL 10. They are actually making up lies now to try to get out of refunding me for their shoddy work. I'm truly appalled by their actions in this situation.
So I'm guessing the solenoids didn't work?
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




vBulletin Skin developed by: vBStyles.com
Copyright 2007 - 2020, N54tech.com