N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#76)
Old
Olimpiakos

Car: 335i e90
Default 07-25-2015, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarioKart
I installed mine about an hour ago and all went well. The blue filters even match my YMB. After lunch I will test it more
Thanks Ando and Terry.
MarioKart
Looks good man!! How's it sound under load?

YMB F80 M3- Jb4
F85 X5M-Jb4
(#77)
Old
BMS Customer Service

Car: bmw 335i
Default 07-25-2015, 06:20 PM

Sound clip

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#78)
Old
Olimpiakos

Car: 335i e90
Default 07-25-2015, 06:50 PM

Thanks Ando. Does it sound similar to the n54 with dual cones while driving?

YMB F80 M3- Jb4
F85 X5M-Jb4
(#79)
Old
BMS Customer Service

Default 07-26-2015, 12:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ggreek5
Thanks Ando. Does it sound similar to the n54 with dual cones while driving?
Umm it's been a while since I drove stock turbo N54.
I believe this is louder. Especially on sport plus.
comfort you can't really hear much.
Sport decent, sport plus that's when you start messing around just for the sound lol.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#80)
Old

Car: 2011 e92 335xi
Default 07-26-2015, 08:30 PM

Any in cabin vids yet?
(#81)
Old

Default 07-26-2015, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ando @ BMS
Sound clip

Sounds mean!
(#82)
Old
BMS Customer Service

Default 07-26-2015, 10:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iuhutch
Any in cabin vids yet?
Maybe when one of our customers can post that.

Burger Motorsports

(#83)
Old

Default 07-27-2015, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Maybe when one of our customers can post that.
Come on...go take one quick 👌
(#84)
Old
BMS Customer Service

Default 07-28-2015, 11:11 AM

S55 intakes are BACKORDERED.
Due to ship on 8/11

Just waiting for more filters.

Burger Motorsports

(#85)
Old

Car: F80
Default 07-29-2015, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Didn't want it on the bend of the pipe.
When on the straight part of the pipe it eliminates MAF sensor light.
Just a better location there from our R/D
This intake looks perfect, but have only one suggestion. If possible, to somehow move the MAF sensor a little away to the side so it is not sticking out in the middle of the engine way.
Why wouldn't the stock location work?
(#86)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-29-2015, 08:51 PM

Dealing with MAF sensor locations is a real PITA. Once you find a location that works (tuning wise) you just don't want to change it. A small change there can then cause idle problems, CELs, etc.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

(#87)
Old

Car: E90 335i
Default 07-30-2015, 09:29 AM

I hear spooling in first gear and some of second gear, but then the AWE exhaust kind takes over in the sound department The intakes took a few miles and some good third gear pulls to adapt, it seems great now. Of course I would always like it louder!!

13' Mini GP #0295 330HP,15' M4 DCT YMB, JB4, BMS Intake, Shiftec DP, AWE Switch Back Exhaust, TC Kline ℅, 19's Rays Gram Lights, lots of CF parts 544whp on 91.
(#88)
Old
BMS Customer Service

Default 07-30-2015, 06:42 PM

Quote:
I hear spooling in first gear and some of second gear, but then the AWE exhaust kind takes over in the sound department The intakes took a few miles and some good third gear pulls to adapt, it seems great now. Of course I would always like it louder!!
Sport plus is the loudest. Yea if your exhaust is already very loud you won't hear much.

Burger Motorsports

(#89)
Old
BMS Customer Service

Default 07-30-2015, 06:56 PM

Some people are removing the bottom portion of the OEM intake which acts as heat shield and also allows cold air flow from outside of the car.

I really wouldn't suggest doing this. That is part of the oem air scoop/heat-shield. It helps tremendously while the vehicle is in the motion.

Burger Motorsports

(#90)
Old
One tire fire

Car: E92 335, 6MT
Default 07-30-2015, 07:49 PM

I had always wished that there was more compressor noise on this platform, and was looking forward to the release of decently priced intakes. The BMS system was just released, so I snagged an initial batch set. Build quality was great, and the welds nicely penetrated. No slag or roughness on the inside of the pipes. Black crinkle coat is well done. Everything fit as advertised. It sounds really great. The iphone doesn't do a great job of picking up the sound as it is heard in person, but there is a lot of recirculation noise when you let off the throttle, which is interesting seeing as how these cars don't have any sort of diverter valves. Anyway, extremely pleased with the intake noise under throttle now. Between the intakes and the exhaust valves open, I think the car sounds really great.

Untitled by glmmd81, on Flickr

Here's a quick video I did. Note that my active sound is disabled...this is pure mechanical engine, exhaust, and intake noise. I think it sounds quite nice for what it is.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgR...6h71IaurR0YrTQ

'18 Magnetic Gray Raptor
'19 GT3 RS Weissach
'09 997.1 6MT: FBO, 65mm VTGs. 730 whp
'18 Nardo Gray RS3 APR stage 2, 10.72 @ 130
(#91)
Old

Car: 2015 TZB F80 M3
Default 07-31-2015, 05:41 AM

Very nice!! What size are the screws supplied for the MAF sensors? Are they the same torx as the stock screws?
(#92)
Old
One tire fire

Default 07-31-2015, 06:33 AM

Not sure on the size, I didn't look at the bit, but they are not the same size...a bit smaller.

'18 Magnetic Gray Raptor
'19 GT3 RS Weissach
(#93)
Old

Default 07-31-2015, 07:49 AM

A4 - thanks for posting the pics and video!

Sounds pretty dam good to me

how long did the install take you"?
(#94)
Old
One tire fire

Default 07-31-2015, 08:37 AM

Less than an hour. Probably about 45 minutes. The passenger side intake takes a bit of finangling to get in place correctly.

'18 Magnetic Gray Raptor
'19 GT3 RS Weissach
(#95)
Old
Administrator

Car: M340i,X5,Raptor,C7 ZR1
Default 07-31-2015, 12:03 PM

Quote:
I installed mine about an hour ago and all went well. The blue filters even match my YMB. After lunch I will test it more
Thanks Ando and Terry.
MarioKart
Mario, Your car looks so good! Thanks for sharing the pix.

Burger Motorsports

(#96)
Old

Car: 135i, 530iT
Default 07-31-2015, 02:12 PM

Heres mine:

Pics:

Videos: For sound reference.

(#97)
Old
BMS Customer Service

Default 08-05-2015, 04:43 PM

Thanks guys for all the reviews and posts!
More great things to come for the S55 owners.

Burger Motorsports

(#98)
Old

Car: 2011 E92 335xi
Default 08-05-2015, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Thanks guys for all the reviews and posts!
More great things to come for the S55 owners.
Need details... asap lol.
(#99)
Old
BMS Customer Service

Default 08-07-2015, 03:24 PM

Back in stock.

Burger Motorsports

(#100)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 08-08-2015, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Back in stock.
You guys got the shipment of filters already!?

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!