N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#976)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-16-2015, 10:38 AM

It's not used on the s63 so any setting is fine. Default is 60 as we share the M5 board with the n63 Stage2 which uses open loop.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#977)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-16-2015, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellomyBMW
Terry,

Is there a map for fuel mixture of 93/E85 (60/40) mix for N63 Stage 1?
No, the platform in general is not very E85 friendly. We don't support E85 mixtures for it.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#978)
Old
Olimpiakos

Car: 335i e90
Default 07-16-2015, 10:41 AM

Thanks T. All set!

YMB F80 M3- Jb4
F85 X5M-Jb4

Last edited by Ggreek5; 07-16-2015 at 11:11 AM..
(#979)
Old

Default help - 08-11-2015, 12:41 PM

Everything was going smooth until it came to pulling out the sub assembely from black sub connector no matter how much or how hard i push the clip in the back or how much i ***** thw flat head in between the plastic this thing is not budging . Is there another clip that iam over looking here ?

Any help is welcome

N54 coupe coming soon
(#980)
Old

Car: E90 N54 6MT
Default 08-19-2015, 08:27 PM

So what kind of power was the 550xi making on the race gas mix when it ran the 11.9@118? I saw some dyno charts of the N63 cracking 500whp/550wtq. Can we do that with the JB4? Is fueling the limitation to more power?
(#981)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-26-2015, 08:44 AM

I imagine upper 400s. That is about as much as the n63s do. The n63tus on the other hand have larger turbos and more power potential.

Burger Motorsports

(#982)
Old

Car: 135 and M3
Default N63 latest Dyno - 09-05-2015, 02:03 PM

Opinions are welcome!!!

Warm day in Atlanta, Outside Air Temperature 88 degrees Fahrenheit.
Hangar Temperature 82 degrees, Relative Humidity 80%.

Drove an hour to Dyno shop at moderate speeds and RPM. Did not allow much time pre-Dyno for engine cooling (mind I have been achieving 22 PSI peak boost on cooler days and cooler engine). According to JB4 log during dyno, peak PSI was 17.9 achieving 497 WHP (Dyno showed 508WHP peak RPM 20.1 PSI). I am driven to believe this setup is capable of delivering 540WHP if were patient enough to Dyne on a cooler engine or during winter in the 22PSI regime as daily JB4 log has documented.

I am not claiming to be an expert. My assessment is strictly based on daily observations and intuition , the current limiting factors are:

1) OEM Inter-coolers size and capacity are hindering Turbos Capability (4PSI Peak drop on a warmer engine high density less compressed air)

2) Fuel delivery. The High Pressure Fuel Pump seems to be limited at WOT (see JB4 Log). Apparently the High Fuel Pressure line is Plateau at WOT below the Turbo Boost levels.

3) Forced induction alone without signaling Fuel/Air Mixture, Ratio and timing is also a hindering factor. Waiting to re-flash ECU from Technica Motor Sports after BMW CCP reverting to OEM default.

Checked with the dealer on swapping with M5 HPFP and the odds are good.

Set up is Stock Turbo, OEM M5 Down Pipes, OEM M5 Exhaust, Charcoal filters removed, Burger Tuning N63 Stage 2 Piggy Back Harness A (11 PSI Fail Safe Boost). Straight 100 Octane with 64Oz Torco equivalent 114 Octane.

http://f10.5post.com/forums/showthre...4#post18535704

Last edited by jandraos; 09-06-2015 at 07:11 AM..
(#983)
Old

Car: 550i 2011
Default 09-08-2015, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxJslickxX
Everything was going smooth until it came to pulling out the sub assembely from black sub connector no matter how much or how hard i push the clip in the back or how much i ***** thw flat head in between the plastic this thing is not budging . Is there another clip that iam over looking here ?

Any help is welcome
I have the same problem right now...grey was easy but black is not budging. What is the trick on this one?
(#984)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-08-2015, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jandraos
Opinions are welcome!!!
Looks strong to me. Being able to log CANbus data like a JB4 would be nice but Stage2 doesn't have that function so we'll have to go by the analog signals. Fuel pressure signal looks strong. If it was hitting a limit you'd see fuel pressure crashing down below 9 in logs.

Burger Motorsports

(#985)
Old

Car: 2015 m6
Default maps - 09-22-2015, 11:19 AM

i got my S63tu Stage 1 - 2015 BMW M6 i installed it, how do i change what map is in there or how do i know the tune is active if you can help me please.
(#986)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-22-2015, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimo8723
i got my S63tu Stage 1 - 2015 BMW M6 i installed it, how do i change what map is in there or how do i know the tune is active if you can help me please.
It's a single map system. Just install it, set FutureUseD = 1 per the first post, and enjoy.

Burger Motorsports

(#987)
Old

Car: 2011 550i M-Sport
Default 09-22-2015, 08:30 PM

Terry,

I've had to take off my JB4 stage 1 off a couple of times since I have to go in for service. (N63 550i)

I honestly don't feel much of a difference on or off. Right now I have it off the car and it still pulls nice and strong.

I plan on putting it back on tomorrow. Is there anyway I can make sure it's actually increasing the power?

I have the JB4 interface and my Boost failsafe is at 3.0 and Future Use D is set to 0.

Are my settings correct?
Would raising the boost failsafe make a difference? (93 octane)

FYI I also have *******s down pipes and a catback exhaust/

550i M Sport - Alpine White - Vossen CV4 Graphite / H&R Sport springs / Active Autowerke Down pipes & Exhaust / BMS Stage 1
(#988)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-22-2015, 08:44 PM

If you need tech support feel free to email in JB4 logs on map 0 and map 1 for comparison.

Burger Motorsports

(#989)
Old

Car: 2014 X6M
Default 10-01-2015, 09:00 AM

Hi ,

Just ordered your stage 1 box which is being delivered tomorrow , can't wait !

Do I have to change any settings on this or is it plug and play ? (It's going on a 2014 X6M)

2014 X6M
2004 911 (996) Turbo
2015 VW Touran
(#990)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-01-2015, 09:17 AM

For the S63 you'll want to change the FUD = 1 setting.

Burger Motorsports

(#991)
Old

Car: 2014 X6M
Default 10-01-2015, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
For the S63 you'll want to change the FUD = 1 setting.
Ok - thank you

Do you have any other tuning parts planned for the X6M ?

2014 X6M
2004 911 (996) Turbo
2015 VW Touran
(#992)
Old

Car: X5 50i F15
Default 10-18-2015, 04:27 PM

Running a n63tu on 93 with the BMS on 2:00. 0-60 dropped by 0.10 sec. O-100mph dropped by 0.50 sec. Part throttle is very smooth.

Anything coming with rpm control ?
(#993)
Old

Car: X5 50i F15
Default 10-30-2015, 11:41 AM

Was the n63tu dyno on page 1 using the modules set at 2:00 ?????
(#994)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-30-2015, 03:01 PM

Yes around that.

Burger Motorsports

(#995)
Old

Car: 2010 535
Default 12-09-2015, 10:12 PM

Quote:
I imagine upper 400s. That is about as much as the n63s do. The n63tus on the other hand have larger turbos and more power potential.
Terry, I looked up the N63 and N63tu turbos and they both are Garret MGT2256 turbochargers with the TU having 9 compressor blades of equal size as opposed to the n63 non tu's double blades, 5 large and 5 small.

N63 is 10psi stock and N63tu is 11.5psi stock, looks like BMW has the TUs running more boost stock.

Where are you seeing that the TU uses larger turbos when BMW only revised turbine/compressor blades?

The M5 S63 runs the MGT2260 units which are 4mm larger than the N63/N63tu units.

2012 550i M sport - JB stage 1
(#996)
Old

Car: 135 and M3
Default 12-19-2015, 08:28 PM

May I bother you for the Garrett Turbos information link?

would like to educate myself more on the compressors structure
(#997)
Old

Car: 2015 BMW M6 Gran Coupe
Default M6 stage 1: what do I need to add the Bluetooth box? - 12-29-2015, 07:51 PM

I have a 2015 M6 GC CP. I have Terry's regular stage 1 box installed and all is peachy. When browsing around earlier, I noticed the new-tom-e Bluetooth dongle/add-on but it states it's for the JB4. Can someone from Burger/someone else confirm what I'd need to buy to get this Bluetooth dongle working with my setup, please--I'm looking to suck logs and reconfigure boost from my iPhone without the need to pop the hood, etc.

From what I can see, I'd first need to upgrade to the JB4 board and then add the Bluetooth dongle and then pay ~$28 for an iPhone app (WTF on that last part--sure, it's cheap relative to the rest of the hardware but it's a tough pill to swallow when used to paying $1.99!)?

2020 BMW M8 Competition Gran Coupe
(#998)
Old

Default 01-02-2016, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by limeypride
I have a 2015 M6 GC CP. I have Terry's regular stage 1 box installed and all is peachy. When browsing around earlier, I noticed the new-tom-e Bluetooth dongle/add-on but it states it's for the JB4. Can someone from Burger/someone else confirm what I'd need to buy to get this Bluetooth dongle working with my setup, please--I'm looking to suck logs and reconfigure boost from my iPhone without the need to pop the hood, etc.

From what I can see, I'd first need to upgrade to the JB4 board and then add the Bluetooth dongle and then pay ~$28 for an iPhone app (WTF on that last part--sure, it's cheap relative to the rest of the hardware but it's a tough pill to swallow when used to paying $1.99!)?
Anyone have insight here?

(#999)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-10-2016, 12:08 PM

If your Stage1 works with the JB4 interface (e.g. a newer system) then it will also work with the JB4 Mobile software to do the same things you can do in the JB4 interface. Log boost, change maps, change base boost setting.

Burger Motorsports

(#1000)
Old

Default 01-10-2016, 02:49 PM

Quote:
If your Stage1 works with the JB4 interface (e.g. a newer system) then it will also work with the JB4 Mobile software to do the same things you can do in the JB4 interface. Log boost, change maps, change base boost setting.
I'm not sure my existing hardware qualifies as stage anything--at the time I bought it, there was no notion of stage 1 or stage 2 so I'm having a hard time applying your response to what I've got--the unit is perhaps 2 years old. I do use the JB4 s/w to obtain logs and configure the box. However, in the past, I asked you if you were considering adding Bluetooth to it and you said you weren't particularly interested in doing that. With that in mind, I assume my current unit doesn't support Bluetooth and therefore doesn't work with the app.

So my question is: can I retrofit Bluetooth or is it really a matter of buying everything again from scratch or something in between?