N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#26)
Old
Tuner

Car: 135i
Default 10-26-2014, 10:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by black535xi
Sorry man, I just got a little too exited seeing that we may have some kind of fuel upgrade available soon-ish... I just want to be able to use the corn fuel like everyone else
No worries...I get it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by black535xi
Well in the past I had issues with not much e85 at all so I gave up. This summer I found that my limit was about e37, but only bc im spraying meth... I never had a flash until this last week, and now everything is e70 junk so I haven't got a chance to figure It all out yet

I think I could probably pull it off, but not enough to replace straight race fuel
Frankly...from what our preliminary testing showed, you should not have an issue running E30 or E40 on a healthy stock pump unless there is something else going on with the low pressure side that we haven't seen. I'm guessing your stock pump isn't very healthy. This is also why we want to wait and see how things go with Jeremy prior to making any assumptions. We have not dismantled a stock Bosch pump as this one is Jeremy's and is a good functioning pump. Consequently we don't know if there may be an issue with running ethanol and that may be why some of you are experiencing reduced performance...or they may just be tired pumps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booyaazaa
Ahhh okay. Well I can't help you there. Maybe reach out to Ken to see if he can help you with getting a proper E30 flash so you can have fun. Also make sure you test the E85 in your area because I just tested the place where I get mine and it is still around E85-88.

@SteveAZ - if the testing goes good Andre already hooked me up with a bucket for some fuel lovin!
WTH? Frankly...I don't know that we would touch that....actually yes I do...we won't touch that.

Name:  Andre.jpg
Views: 410
Size:  137.2 KB

The red arrow is pointing to the return line that feeds the venturi in the stock bucket...tee'ing in there is not a good idea.

The green circle....I'm not even going to venture a guess...but it looks like a bad idea too.

The orange circle looks to be the stock "Y" fitting. Is it installed backwards????

The blue arrow is pointing to where they look to have put in a union but is where the stock "Y" fitting probably used to be. Hard to tell for sure in that picture.

Click on our banner to visit our website!
Video of our Stage 2 LPFP upgrade installation.

BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways.
(#27)
Old

Car: 535i
Default 10-27-2014, 03:51 PM

Damn well I guess it's a good thing that I haven't done the AEM pump change to my stock bucket.

'09 AW 535i
-FBO w/custom Cobb E45 map, Fuel_it Stg2 LPFP and Performance Gearing LSD

(#28)
Old

Car: 335i
Default 10-28-2014, 04:12 PM

Looking forward to testing for updated results. I will be needing a pump for the 535xi that i can install over the winter.
(#29)
Old

Default 10-28-2014, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveAZ
WTH? Frankly...I don't know that we would touch that....actually yes I do...we won't touch that.
:

Yeah, to be honest I didn't recall what that particular performance shop did to those lines. One of the many very $$$ attempts to find a fueling solution.

When I gave this to Vic, I thought all you needed was the passenger side bucket? Obviously not.

Cool stuff no longer installed.
(#30)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-28-2014, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aoschadlin
:

Yeah, to be honest I didn't recall what that particular performance shop did to those lines. One of the many very $$$ attempts to find a fueling solution.

When I gave this to Vic, I thought all you needed was the passenger side bucket? Obviously not.

Hahaha,

Yeah honestly it's not worth it to try and salvage that. Lines would have to be replaced and so on. Its better to just start with a stock assembly and this is a good example of why we stick to that policy. Peder's was bad enough as it was and just reconfirmed our thoughts on that and frankly, it wasn't near as bad as this appears, especially if the pump in the bucket has been replaced as well.

BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways.
(#31)
Old

Default 10-28-2014, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveAZ
Hahaha,

Yeah honestly it's not worth it to try and salvage that. Lines would have to be replaced and so on. Its better to just start with a stock assembly and this is a good example of why we stick to that policy. Peder's was bad enough as it was and just reconfirmed our thoughts on that and frankly, it wasn't near as bad as this appears, especially if the pump in the bucket has been replaced as well.
And for some reason I don't go to this particular performance shop anymore.

But I still see Ferrari's, Porsche's, BMW's and a Veyron in their driveway for servicing. Maybe I just had some bad luck (several times). LOL

Cool stuff no longer installed.
(#32)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-28-2014, 11:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aoschadlin
And for some reason I don't go to this particular performance shop anymore.

But I still see Ferrari's, Porsche's, BMW's and a Veyron in their driveway for servicing. Maybe I just had some bad luck (several times). LOL
I can't imagine what they were trying to do. If they were bleeding fuel from that line...no bueno as that would have robbed fuel from the HPFP and the venturi in the bucket. If they were pressurizing that line with another supply...again...not good as there is a checkvalve in that Y....it never would have reached the HPFP. So who knows

The only advantage an AEM320 would have (if installed correctly) is that it is E85 certified. Otherwise they flow about the same as a healthy stock pump according to our testing....actually potentially less.

We bench tested a used AEM320 pump and two new, re-branded AEM320 pumps. They all flowed about .9GPM but that was hooked up directly to the test rig, no venturi or filter assemblies. This stock pump flowed .8GPM with the filter and venturis connected.

According to our testing, I see no reason the 450 would not be a good option for the stock assembly unless the DME gets angry about the additional current draw or it gets noisy due to restrictions or???? I honestly forgot to verify how many amps the stock pump pulled so I'll verify that but the AEM320 pulled almost as many as amps as the Walbro 450. However, the potential 25% increase in flows from the Walbro should translate to roughly 25% more supply to the HPFP (more if your stock pump is tired) and that should max out the HPFP....we'll see.

(#33)
Old

Car: 2009 535i xdrive
Default 10-29-2014, 04:35 PM

Thanks for all the hard work and not forgetting about us 535 guys Steve.

2009 535xi - JB4 G5 ISO -BMS Race Flash- BMS Intake - ER CP- Forge DVs- Active Autowerke intercooler- Gone

Activehybrid 3 - JB4 EWG/OBD- CTS Turbo Intake- VRSF CP- Bavsound Stage 1- current
(#34)
Old

Car: 2008 535i
Default 10-30-2014, 10:20 AM

^^^^^^^^^^^^

This

Thx Steve

2008 BMW 535i
JB4 G5, BMS Pump Flash, ( Updated FW ), DCI,
Eisenmann Race Exhaust
ER CP
E60 DP
450 HP / 480 TQ ( when running AEM 320, 50% E85 )
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51z_sELokzk
(#35)
Old

Car: 2008 535xiT e61
Default 11-03-2014, 07:29 PM

Thanks for not giving up on us, Steve! Im ready to fork over my money as soon as a solution becomes available
(#36)
Old

Car: E60 535i
Default 11-06-2014, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by samstryker
Thanks for not giving up on us, Steve! Im ready to fork over my money as soon as a solution becomes available
^this

2008 535i AT

(Pure Stage 2 + Dr. Euro D/P + VRSF Inlets/Outlets + ER FMIC + ER Charge Pipe + Tial BOV + BMS Filters + Fuel-It Stage 2 LPFP + Full catback + MHD Flash + KW V1) - (Cobb V2 + V3 sitting in a box) = Broke
(#37)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-07-2014, 01:11 AM

Thanks you guys...this goes out to Jeremy tomorrow.

https://www.facebook.com/fuelit.biz?ref=tn_tnmn

(#38)
Old

Car: 2008 535i
Default 11-07-2014, 06:20 PM

NICE !!

Stage 2 !!

Did I miss Stage 1 info?

2008 BMW 535i
JB4 G5, BMS Pump Flash, ( Updated FW ), DCI,
Eisenmann Race Exhaust
ER CP
E60 DP
450 HP / 480 TQ ( when running AEM 320, 50% E85 )
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51z_sELokzk
(#39)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-07-2014, 11:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skysurfer
NICE !!

Stage 2 !!

Did I miss Stage 1 info?

There was never any intention of doing a Stage 1 (an inline) as they don't play well together.

(#40)
Old

Car: 535i 6MT
Default 11-17-2014, 03:25 PM

any update?

2008 535i 6MT * JB4 G5 ISO * Luke performance flash * E40 * BMS 100% Meth * AR meowless DP * ETS FMIC * BMS OCC * BMS DCI * ER chargepipe * HKS bov * CDV deleted * Ksport coilovers * UUC short shift kit * AC schnitzer rear spolier *
(#41)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-17-2014, 03:38 PM

Peder is running his and testing when he is in town to do so.

Jeremy was supposed to install his this past weekend, haven't heard whether he did or not.

(#42)
Old

Car: E60 535i
Default 11-17-2014, 10:15 PM

I could get it installed and run logs all by Tuesday or Wednesday

2008 535i AT

(Pure Stage 2 + Dr. Euro D/P + VRSF Inlets/Outlets + ER FMIC + ER Charge Pipe + Tial BOV + BMS Filters + Fuel-It Stage 2 LPFP + Full catback + MHD Flash + KW V1) - (Cobb V2 + V3 sitting in a box) = Broke
(#43)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-17-2014, 10:58 PM

Just got the following back from Peder....

Car is running RB's and E30 on a map ***** is working on with him. Looks to be about 19psi tapering to 16psi.

This car will definitely tax the fuel system and probably max out between E40 and E50 before the HPFP pressures start dropping too low. We know this car makes good power and he's at sea level in the northern part of the country so it's getting colder.

As long as the LPFP keeps up like this, we can then move on to providing a little relief for the HPFP when we release one of our new products currently under development, also in testing, and should also play nicely with the E60. I included a graph of those preliminary results at the bottom of this post as well.

Peder's LPFP log...

Name:  RB-E30.jpg
Views: 221
Size:  105.5 KB

Peder's Rail Pressures (HPFP)...

Name:  RB-E30-h.jpg
Views: 231
Size:  98.4 KB

Here's a comparison of our development car's rail pressures (HPFP) on 100% E85 and running E9X Stage 2. Both the before and after data have the prototype installed, but the "hpfp before" has it defeated for testing purposes.
Name:  rail comp.jpg
Views: 234
Size:  104.5 KB

Last edited by Steve @ BMS/Fuel-It!; 11-18-2014 at 02:19 AM..
(#44)
Old

Car: 08 535xi
Default 11-17-2014, 11:11 PM

What would be the benefit with this stage 2 if i already can run up to e40 on stock lpfp as i have never had a problem with my hpfp crashing at up to an e40 mix...is the price going to be comparable to thelat of the stage2 for the e90? Would love to run as close to 100% e85 as i could.

08 535Xi - jb4 iso w/mhd flash, Bms dci, AR ********* DP, er cp with forge dv, second *** delete, muffler delete, xhp trans flash, ets fmic, bms oil tstat bypass.
(#45)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-18-2014, 12:03 AM

There are a few points to take in to account and be made here.
  1. Almost daily people say...."I can run x% of ethanol on my stock LPFP and it's fine". Great, we do not recommend adding modifications you do not need and this is also why we keep everything as stock as possible.
  2. Everyone's situation is different from how much power they are making, their actual ethanol content, their environmental conditions, and the general health of their fuel system. We can only guesstimate as to what percentage of E you'll be able to run and your logs will determine the actual percentage.
  3. This is an RB car....that is not the same as an FBO car.
  4. We posted the flow data right up front when we began testing. According to our test bench data we saw an increase of about 25% in flows by switching to the Walbro 450. Your results may vary based on the age and condition of your pump. Also...this modification is a PITA...so believe me, we will not be knocking on your door trying to sell you an upgraded E60 pump assembly.
  5. Yes, pricing will be similar but supply will be very limited until we can build a supply of cores. However, we don't know that there will be enough demand to support developing a large stock like we have for the E9X and E8X. We weren't even sure there was enough to warrant development and testing but felt a sense of obligation to the community.
  6. If your car can max out the high pressure fuel system on your stock LPFP...great! However, if it can't and you want an upgrade or you'd prefer to run an E85 certified pump, or your pump dies and you'd prefer to have a better one...then this is what we are providing for you. Also understand that there is a difference between maxing out your HPFP and starving your HPFP. If your LPFP and HPFP pressures drop, you're likely starving it. If your LPFP pressures are steady but your HPFP pressures drop, then you've likely maxed it out.
  7. Running a 100% E85 with this upgrade alone is unlikely without supplemental fueling. We're working on providing a solution but as I said previously it's in testing and we aren't offering anything yet.

Last edited by Steve @ BMS/Fuel-It!; 11-18-2014 at 04:01 AM..
(#46)
Old

Default 11-18-2014, 12:13 AM

Wow that looks good especially since Peder has RB's. Steve let me know when I can send my money. The guys had to mellow out my map a bit since my trims were all bad.

'09 AW 535i
-FBO w/custom Cobb E45 map, Fuel_it Stg2 LPFP and Performance Gearing LSD

(#47)
Old

Car: 08 535ix
Default 11-24-2014, 10:14 AM

Hey all, got the pump back from Steve and installed it yesterday, started a thread on in here: http://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27902

Mod list for those asking, simply a jb4 and the afe twin intake on my 08 535xi 6m. All else is stock, but I live in MN and e85 is plentiful so I'd prefer to run that @100% if possible vs. mixing