N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#8626)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-09-2014, 09:22 AM

It's not anything we're looking to do but you can ask the 3rd party interface companies if they'd want to take it up. Show them there is a demand and they might be interested.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#8627)
Old

Car: E92 335i
Default 12-19-2014, 08:10 AM

Is there an alternative link to information on the wheel controls for the pre-ISO G5 JB4 wheel controls? I just purchased a 335i that already has a JB4 in it, however it only has the 9 menus and I can't get to flashing the new firmware for a couple days.
(#8628)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-19-2014, 10:11 AM

We remove obsolete information to avoid confusion. Might be something floating around on the forum. But I'd cut those diodes and update the firmware.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#8629)
Old

Car: 335xi Coupe
Thumbs up Raw Values - 12-19-2014, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
I prefer raw values.
Why do you prefer raw values over timing corrections ? What is the difference between the two Terry ? I appreciate your replies, I want my car running the best it can. Your the man Terry.

Rob

Black 2018 RS5.
(#8630)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-19-2014, 06:46 PM

Just personal preference for reading logs.

Burger Motorsports

(#8631)
Old
Legend

Car: 135i
Default 12-19-2014, 11:34 PM

Terry, any news about the load logging?

FBO N54 AT 135i 'vert with JB4 and Trebila Performance custom flash
(#8632)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-26-2014, 01:43 PM

If you need tech support use the support forum. Tech requests are deleted from this thread without being read.

Burger Motorsports

(#8633)
Old

Default 01-01-2015, 05:52 AM

Quote:
Just personal preference for reading logs.

My mistake I thought it was for more then just mapping ? Any changes in the newest interface. I see it went from 265 to 269? Anything major or just tweaks? Does the newer interface go together with the newest hex file 28.4 T4.hex ? One last question, does E85 raise the octane enough to run on map 7 without the back end flash ? Or is map 7 for race gas period ? Your replies are much appreciated ! And for always trying to improve the JB4 !

Rob

Black 2018 RS5.
(#8634)
Old

Default 01-01-2015, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Default values for user adjustment settings are posted in the first post.
I think he meant how do you reset the JB ? Meaning nothing has been programed no maps, no boost on oil. Like you just got it. I know I would like to know how to reset all the selections I made to the JB. And I looked its not on the first page of this post. Just wondering if there is a way.

Rob

Black 2018 RS5.
(#8635)
Old
Demigod

Car: '07 335i Sedan, Built & Blown '08 Mustang Bullitt
Default 01-01-2015, 08:19 PM

That functionality was removed about a year ago with the JB4 Windows/laptop software. Several people would like it back (including myself), but I think it created too many headaches for BMS support. I would figure having that feature would help and not hurt. But who knows, I don't work there

2018 Audi RS3 | APR Stage 1 E85 | JB4 | APR FMIC

SOLD: 2017 F36 440i Gran Coupe | PS2 | JB4

SOLD: 2007 E90 335i | PS2's | JB4 | 160k+ miles on the car, 120k+ miles on the JB4

Log, log, then log some more...
(#8636)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-01-2015, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by siggs2229
I think he meant how do you reset the JB ? Meaning nothing has been programed no maps, no boost on oil. Like you just got it. I know I would like to know how to reset all the selections I made to the JB. And I looked its not on the first page of this post. Just wondering if there is a way.

Rob
There has never been and still isn't a way to do that. It's pretty easy to set the menu options manually though.

Burger Motorsports

(#8637)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-01-2015, 09:27 PM

Added 28.5 to the first post for testing. It's the same as the last 28.4 previously posted only there were so many versions of 28.4 floating around I incremented it to ensure everyone has the latest.

Burger Motorsports

(#8638)
Old

Car: F02/E82
Default 01-01-2015, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Added 28.5 to the first post for testing. It's the same as the last 28.4 previously posted only there were so many versions of 28.4 floating around I incremented it to ensure everyone has the latest.
So previously there was a issue calculating the average ignition ?
It was driving me nuts and running out of ideas, I will load up new hex and report .
(#8639)
Old

Default 01-02-2015, 12:07 AM

Quote:
Well I already installed the new interface with the G5_ISO_28_4_T4.hex firmware. Then I installed your updated E85 back end flash. Figures my battery died during the flash. I re flashed the stock bin. then the E85 flash. Wow Terry, I just got back from a few test runs. Was running decent on map 5. I switched over to map 7 and look out. This is the best combo I have run yet. No codes, much much smoother, and it @#$@#@! moves out. Spun all four tires, fronts were scratching for traction. This is in my XI coupe. The gauge was steady near 19 pounds of boost. Bravo Terry. With the other flash combos it ran rough or cut out for a sec, popped a code etc. This ran perfect, I just hope it stays this way!

Rob

Black 2018 RS5.

Last edited by siggs2229; 01-02-2015 at 12:16 AM.. Reason: spelling
(#8640)
Old

Thumbs up 01-02-2015, 09:36 AM

Quote:
There has never been and still isn't a way to do that. It's pretty easy to set the menu options manually though.
Well that explains why I cant find it . No big deal, my car is set right now with the tweaks you just made.

Rob

Black 2018 RS5.
(#8641)
Old

Car: 335i
Default 01-05-2015, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by siggs2229
Well I already installed the new interface with the G5_ISO_28_4_T4.hex firmware. Then I installed your updated E85 back end flash. Figures my battery died during the flash. I re flashed the stock bin. then the E85 flash. Wow Terry, I just got back from a few test runs. Was running decent on map 5. I switched over to map 7 and look out. This is the best combo I have run yet. No codes, much much smoother, and it @#$@#@! moves out. Spun all four tires, fronts were scratching for traction. This is in my XI coupe. The gauge was steady near 19 pounds of boost. Bravo Terry. With the other flash combos it ran rough or cut out for a sec, popped a code etc. This ran perfect, I just hope it stays this way!

Rob
what mix of e85 are you running?

JB4G5 ISO/BMS E85 Flash, vrsf dp's, vrsf 7" fmic, vrsf cp with tial, 255 walbro inline,e60,alpina trans flash
(#8642)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-05-2015, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by m4xbmw7
So previously there was a issue calculating the average ignition ?
It was driving me nuts and running out of ideas, I will load up new hex and report .
It's a calculated imaginary number so there is no inherent "wrong way" for it to calculate. I did change the logic though in the new version which I think will be more conducive to some of the back end flash map changes we've made.

Burger Motorsports

(#8643)
Old
Demigod

Default 01-05-2015, 02:26 PM

Quote:
It's a calculated imaginary number so there is no inherent "wrong way" for it to calculate. I did change the logic though in the new version which I think will be more conducive to some of the back end flash map changes we've made.
In other words, map 5 was made "too safe" for most cars. It became a problem when all 6 cylinders were capable of logging and the lowest timing values were used for map 5 calculations.

Correct interpretation, Terry?

SOLD: 2007 E90 335i | PS2's | JB4 | 160k+ miles on the car, 120k+ miles on the JB4

(#8644)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-05-2015, 02:29 PM

Not exactly but in any event it has changed and may continue to be changed in the future. So just take it for what it's worth. A relative number to evaluate knock. Not gospel.

Burger Motorsports

(#8645)
Old
Demigod

Default 01-05-2015, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Not exactly but in any event it has changed and may continue to be changed in the future. So just take it for what it's worth. A relative number to evaluate knock. Not gospel.
Based on my logging, ISO 28 created much lower map 5 targets (for me). With ISO 28.5, my map 5 targets are higher, but still not as high as pre-ISO 28.

I usually run map 6, 7, or 3. But it is nice to be able to run map 5 again for added "safety"

(#8646)
Old
Need4Speed

Car: 2010 E90 335i M-sport
Default 01-05-2015, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feshdogg
Based on my logging, ISO 28 created much lower map 5 targets (for me). With ISO 28.5, my map 5 targets are higher, but still not as high as pre-ISO 28.

I usually run map 6, 7, or 3. But it is nice to be able to run map 5 again for added "safety"
Feel any difference in Map 7? I haven't loaded a new firmware since 28.0 because it seemed like the newer firmwares were for guys running the 3.5bar TMAP but after seeing a new Avg_Ign calculation I'll update tonight.
(#8647)
Old
Demigod

Default 01-05-2015, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PR3CI5N335i
Feel any difference in Map 7? I haven't loaded a new firmware since 28.0 because it seemed like the newer firmwares were for guys running the 3.5bar TMAP but after seeing a new Avg_Ign calculation I'll update tonight.
Haven't had much of a chance to play around yet after the holidays. My E85 mix is all screwed up after driving to AZ for the weekend so I'm running a pump flash right now. I'm probably around E35 right now, and have been targeting around 15.5 PSI on map 5. Pre-ISO 28 I would be targeting 17 PSI all day because the JB4 only saw Cyl 1 and that's my happiest cylinder

(#8648)
Old
Demigod

Default 01-05-2015, 03:15 PM

And I'm pretty sure map 7 shouldn't be affected with the new JB4 firmware. Maybe the flashes are making map 7 better, but my understanding is that map 5 is the only thing touched in 28.5.

(#8649)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-05-2015, 03:16 PM

There are some minor changes in there to the PID logic, but the new flashes should be making everything a little better.

Burger Motorsports

(#8650)
Old
Need4Speed

Car: 2010 E90 335i M-sport
Default 01-05-2015, 03:19 PM

Quote:
There are some minor changes in there to the PID logic, but the new flashes should be making everything a little better.
You're right about the new flashes. I didn't know I was running the new flash at NFZ AZ but damn am I glad I was