N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: 2013 BMW 335i xDrive
Default What happens no meth/water with MAP 3? - 07-28-2014, 07:46 AM

I am happily running 50/50 meth/water on Map 3 with JB4 with BMS meth kit I keep the reservoir filled. I do not know what will happen if I run out of meth/water while running Map 3? Damage to engine?

Thanks
(#2)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-28-2014, 08:49 AM

Boost drops as flow drops and the engine isn't damaged.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#3)
Old

Default 07-28-2014, 10:20 AM

Thank you. If I refill the tank when I am at the track, will it purge itself of air in the line over time and resume meth/water?

In other words, can I be "lazy" and not have to formally purge the air out of the line?
(#4)
Old

Car: Bmw e92 335i
Default 07-28-2014, 03:02 PM

I'm sure I have read you must perform 7/5 purge if you run empty
(#5)
Old

Car: 2008 535i
Default 07-28-2014, 03:03 PM

Great READ info here

http://www.n54tech.com/forums/showth...ght=prime+meth

2008 BMW 535i
JB4 G5, BMS Pump Flash, ( Updated FW ), DCI,
Eisenmann Race Exhaust
ER CP
E60 DP
450 HP / 480 TQ ( when running AEM 320, 50% E85 )
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51z_sELokzk
(#6)
Old

Default 07-28-2014, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russjonesr
I'm sure I have read you must perform 7/5 purge if you run empty
Thanks. I was hoping I could purge the line of air by just running driving it on MAP 3, and then when the meth/water arrived, the JB4 would recognize it and resume using the meth.
(#7)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-28-2014, 05:36 PM

If you run the tank empty you'll get air stuck in the pump. To clear the air you will need to purge it with the line removed from the nozzle for 10 seconds or so.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#8)
Old

Default 07-28-2014, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
If you run the tank empty you'll get air stuck in the pump. To clear the air you will need to purge it with the line removed from the nozzle for 10 seconds or so.
So, all I need to do is purge the pump? The line can clear itself of air trapped in the line was the pump is purged? Did I get it right?
(#9)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-28-2014, 05:52 PM

Yes with the line removed from the nozzle (e.g. no pressure at the pump head) it can then push the air out. It can not push the air out with the nozzle attached.

Burger Motorsports

(#10)
Old

Default 07-29-2014, 06:26 AM

Darn! I thought the pump (if charged with meth/water) could push any air from the line and through the attached nozzle.

I can get to my pump and run meth/water through it, but in my setup, removing the nozzle is a bit of a chore

What is it about the nozzle that keeps the pump from push air past the nozzle but it can push meth/water?
(#11)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-29-2014, 04:55 PM

You can disconnect the line anywhere after the pump. So at the solenoid, right at the pump, at the filter, etc.

Burger Motorsports

(#12)
Old

Default 07-29-2014, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
You can disconnect the line anywhere after the pump. So at the solenoid, right at the pump, at the filter, etc.

Perfect. Thank you so much for your great support!