N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#176)
Old

Car: 335i/m6
Default 04-17-2014, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by m6beast
Damn I was hoping you had a way to get rid if that delimiter, will need the extra mph for that half mile drag race. Anyway once all my stuff comes in ill be needing all the info to start the setup.
Going tomorrow to dyno a base run on 100 octane 5 lb boost increase to compare to meth set up.
Take care
Here is my baseline 93/100 octane mix 5lb boost increase

Dyno graph is in 4th and 5th gear comparisons

After I install meth kit will dyno again and hopefully see some great gains.
Attached Images

(#177)
Old

Car: 2011 BMW 550xi
Default 04-17-2014, 08:48 PM

Just a quick note to throw in here... I installed the S1 on my 13 M5 6MT, and was able to hit 161 at top of 5th gear, didn't get a chance to hit 6th and had to slow down. I believe the limiter is raised on 6MT's? Or maybe it's not there?

- Igor
(#178)
Old

Default 04-17-2014, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illicit
Just a quick note to throw in here... I installed the S1 on my 13 M5 6MT, and was able to hit 161 at top of 5th gear, didn't get a chance to hit 6th and had to slow down. I believe the limiter is raised on 6MT's? Or maybe it's not there?

- Igor
On my GPS compared to my speedometer it's off by -4/-5mph. Mine shows the same around 160+ when the limiter kicks in.
(#179)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-17-2014, 08:56 PM

The speedo just reads 3-4mph fast for some reason. But the DME knows you're "really" going 155mph.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#180)
Old

Car: F10 550i Xdrive
Default 04-17-2014, 09:08 PM

damn ive never been at +5

F10 550i xdrive Carbon Black Aluminum BMS Stage 2 WR 11.943 @117.940 Time Slip 421AWHP 467.9 AWTQ MUSTANG DYNO
(#181)
Old

Default 04-18-2014, 02:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by badblack550ix
damn ive never been at +5
That's the new interface and firmware upload. My older set up was set at 3lbs increase
(#182)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-27-2014, 10:15 AM

Customers M5 taking drag record yesterday with an 11.0@128mh! Stage1 tune, exhaust, race gas, and upgraded tires!

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#183)
Old

Default 04-27-2014, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Customers M5 taking drag record yesterday with an 11.0@128mh! Stage1 tune, exhaust, race gas, and upgraded tires!

Stock *********?

11 335d M-sport JBD 12.3 @ 110.48
12 LEAF 106 MPGe
08 335i Sedan 11.11 @ 129.43
08 335i Coupe JB3 2.0 11.33 @ 132.77
60-130mph: 6.95 seconds
(#184)
Old
N54TECH FTMFW

Car: E92 335i
Default 04-28-2014, 09:53 AM

wow
(#185)
Old

Car: E92 335i 6MT
Default 04-28-2014, 12:02 PM

Quote:

Terry, do you know what tires he was running in the video?
(#186)
Old

Default 05-03-2014, 12:01 AM

What kind of Challenger was that? Was it the SRT8, big engine,,392 or something?

11 335d M-sport JBD 12.3 @ 110.48
12 LEAF 106 MPGe
08 335i Sedan 11.11 @ 129.43
08 335i Coupe JB3 2.0 11.33 @ 132.77
60-130mph: 6.95 seconds
(#187)
Old

Car: 2011 BMW 550xi
Default 05-03-2014, 11:58 AM

Quote:
The speedo just reads 3-4mph fast for some reason. But the DME knows you're "really" going 155mph.
My speedo must be reading 15mph too fast? No way is the 6MT limited at 155.

(#188)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-04-2014, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illicit
My speedo must be reading 15mph too fast? No way is the 6MT limited at 155.

Yes the speed reads fairly high. I think 4%? With the DCT the limiter kicks in around 6200rpm in 5th gear. Which I've verified is 155mph with a VBOX on the factory tires.

Burger Motorsports

(#189)
Old

Car: 11' Z4, 11' M3
Default 05-15-2014, 02:24 AM

Is S2 coming out soon?

And can you use the S2 board on the S63TU on a 14' M5?

Or is it only for the use of meth, otherwise being the same thing?

Thanks. Picking up an M5 in July! Awaiting production to start!

Z4 35is - JB4 and that's it.
Stock time: 12.768 at 108mph.
Tuned time: 11.935 at 116mph.
(#190)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-15-2014, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmarN54
Is S2 coming out soon?

And can you use the S2 board on the S63TU on a 14' M5?

Or is it only for the use of meth, otherwise being the same thing?

Thanks. Picking up an M5 in July! Awaiting production to start!
No S2 is planned for the s63 at this time. You need to use the S2 board if running methanol though. Other than running methanol it's identical to the S1 board.

Burger Motorsports

(#191)
Old

Car: '13 BMW M5
Default 05-15-2014, 05:46 PM

Terry, what's the minimum octane we can use with setting 3? I've been using setting 2.25 with 93 octane, but if I can raise it a couple of points with octane booster, can I go with the 3 setting "safely"?
(#192)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-17-2014, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrKevM5
Terry, what's the minimum octane we can use with setting 3? I've been using setting 2.25 with 93 octane, but if I can raise it a couple of points with octane booster, can I go with the 3 setting "safely"?
If using the older firmware 2.25 is as high as suggested for 93 octane, 2.50 with NOS octane booster, and 3.00 for race gas.

If using newer firmware the values are all completely different of course.

Burger Motorsports

(#193)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-18-2014, 11:22 AM

Ordered a set of 19" Forgestar cf10 rims for the M5. 19x9.5 for the front, 19x11 for the rear, as well as some 305/35/19 NT05R drag radials. I'll match up some similar height lighter weight 19" tires for the front once I verify the rims fit OK.

Hoping for 10s when it cools down with traction.

Burger Motorsports

(#194)
Old

Car: F02/E82
Default 05-18-2014, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Ordered a set of 19" Forgestar cf10 rims for the M5, as well as some 305/35/19 NT05R drag radials for the rear. I'll match up some similar height lighter weight 19" tires for the front once I verify the rims fit, etc.

I have no doubts you'll hit 10's sir Terry
(#195)
Old

Default Methanol verse 100 octane - 05-19-2014, 01:11 PM

Well here's a Dyno run from today. I didn't get to do any back to back runs because I was running 4th gear most of the time today. Car was a little heat soaked but it ran pretty good. Air fuels on my AEM were 12.0 flat to high elevens up top. Noticeable gains were 10 -15 whp and 15-25 wtrq on every pull.

I wanted to run 5th a couple of times and a good cool down but for not raising boost at all I'm impressed.
I knew the car felt stronger in the upper part of the rpm and the Dyno proved it. It truly shows the methanol is keeping things cooler instead of heat soaking when getting in the upper rpm.
This is a 5th gear pull in both runs
One is 50/50 100/93 octane mix at 5lb boost increase
The other one is 50/50 M1 methanol / distilled water mix on pump 93 octane.

Next I will add 100% methanol for a couple of days and see if theres any improvement and re Dyno. After a couple of runs on the Dyno will raise the boost and see if there's any more power to be gained. Car is hauling ass. Maybe go to the track this wed if I can get away.
Quote:
Ordered a set of 19" Forgestar cf10 rims for the M5. 19x9.5 for the front, 19x11 for the rear, as well as some 305/35/19 NT05R drag radials. I'll match up some similar height lighter weight 19" tires for the front once I verify the rims fit OK.

Attached Images

(#196)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-19-2014, 01:17 PM

Very impressive!

Burger Motorsports

(#197)
Old

Default 11.05 1/4 mile runs - 05-22-2014, 06:06 AM

Quote:
Very impressive!
Yesterday was a hell of a day. Nothing going right from Dyno speed sensor breaking and then getting to the track and the track lights go out. And what a hot humid day 91F and only got down to the high 80's as the night progressed.

Anyway finally got the car to launch great and the only way possible was using burnout mode. Average 60ft was 1.73's and a best of 1.69.

Average runs which we're not that many were 11 flats and a high of 11.2 which I hit the rpm to late.
I feel I should have ran the car longer to adapt before taking it to the track because as I was going home it felt stronger by the minute.

AFs looked great too!
12.2's to high 11's up top

My settings
R888 TOYO DRAG RADIALs 285 35 20
Meth 100% 93 pump
60 additive

Launching the car and finally what worked the best
"Burn out mode"
Just stomp on the gas all the way as soon as you see the second light might have to do it earlier cant remember because the car delays for a sec.
That worked the best as you can see by my 60ft. Now have to find where exactly to hit it for the best reaction time.

Will go again to the Dyno for some accurate numbers and giving time to adapt
Then on to the track again.

Man I was so close I swore I was gonna get my 10's tonight!
Attached Images

(#198)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-22-2014, 07:38 AM

So close... Great 60' times!

Be sure to post those slips on M5 post.

Burger Motorsports

(#199)
Old

Default 05-22-2014, 08:06 AM

You know I will so many haters! I was actually getting ready to, and you know how bad I want you to push this car in every way.
thanks again Terry!
(#200)
Old

Car: Bmw 335i N54 JB4 stage 3 + Bmw M5 F10
Default 05-24-2014, 04:57 AM

Hello Terry,

I just have put the KN filters, I'm going to do a dyno test with octane 100 Shell Power with setting on 4 next week.

I want to do some test with the original power so what setting I have to put on the JB system with the firmware 2014. It will be quicker that remove all the system.

Thanks.