N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#26)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-30-2013, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boostedMPLS
Terry, what are guys like me doing with the N55 platform in terms of a turbo upgrade? Or is there no solution at this point in time and that's why everyone was so fired up about the Vargas turbo kit?
On the hybrid front we will see how this turbo does. Another local shop is also working on some sort of a hybrid upgrade. For the big guns when there is enough interest in the platform FFTEC has also expressed willingness to develop a nice kit for it. And of course RB is working on something in this category as well. The N55 flash tools were just released so the future is looking bright for the platform IMHO.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#27)
Old

Default 11-30-2013, 09:54 PM

I really think they should skip hybrids and go straight to a single on the n55. Not that much savings if any doing the hybrid thing. A manifold, turbo, and ******** shouldn't be much more than 3k all in.

2008 335i Coupe 6MT
JB4G5, DCI, Wagner FMIC
(#28)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-30-2013, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudypoochris
I really think they should skip hybrids and go straight to a single on the n55. Not that much savings if any doing the hybrid thing. A manifold, turbo, and ******** shouldn't be much more than 3k all in.
Maybe if you sold 500 kits. For lower volume stuff like is out with the N54 now I would expect prices to be similar to the N54 kits. Some other aspects like how to work a traditional DV valve, etc, would also need to be sorted out. All doable if there is demand.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#29)
Old

Default 11-30-2013, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Maybe if you sold 500 kits. For lower volume stuff like is out with the N54 now I would expect prices to be similar to the N54 kits. Some other aspects like how to work a traditional DV valve, etc, would also need to be sorted out. All doable if there is demand.
Its a chicken and egg kind of thing. I guess my line of thinking is that there probably isn't THAT much left in the N55 turbo even if you upgraded the wheels and bored it out. Since the N55 guys are power starved I could see a lot more of them pitching $4k or so for a real kit. Good point about the DV and other stuff. If Yu can get the price close enough the volume should follow. But I digress...

2008 335i Coupe 6MT
JB4G5, DCI, Wagner FMIC
(#30)
Old

Car: 2011 E90 335i
Default 11-30-2013, 10:30 PM

Terry you're one of the best people/person to deal with. Im hurt the bms family is going through this head ache with this "ready to run" N55 upgrade. I'm not absorbing the cost but i feel a tad disrespected as y'all do.

I know BMS doesn't need it, but I have a donation to give to help get what i would want myself back on the road! message me so i can sand a few clams to help please!

2011 BSM 335i E90 MTECH 6MT BMS Intake Vishnu c@t less DP Cyba Scoops LUX V4 H8 6000K Headlight/Fog light Morimoto Euro headlight switch ACS roof wing 35% tint Black Grilles Misc coding JB4 Stage 2 AA charge pipe Vrsf 7" FMIC M3 cluster
(#31)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-30-2013, 10:48 PM

Oh thanks but don't worry about that. The repair bill is not a concern at all. We spend money in R&D and we make it back selling tunes. So just put that money aside for your next BMS upgrade. It's just with everything else going on with Vargas that was the last straw for me personally.

Burger Motorsports

(#32)
Old

Car: 2011 E90 335i
Default 11-30-2013, 10:50 PM

Quote:
Oh thanks but don't worry about that. The repair bill is not a concern at all. We spend money in R&D and we make it back selling tunes. So just put that money aside for your next BMS upgrade. It's just with everything else going on with Vargas that was the last straw for me personally.
this is why i respect bms so much.
i will defiantly make some nice orders, and see if y'all can get me anything else for my wants and or needs with the car!

2011 BSM 335i E90 MTECH 6MT BMS Intake Vishnu c@t less DP Cyba Scoops LUX V4 H8 6000K Headlight/Fog light Morimoto Euro headlight switch ACS roof wing 35% tint Black Grilles Misc coding JB4 Stage 2 AA charge pipe Vrsf 7" FMIC M3 cluster
(#33)
Old
Bravest N54 Owner Award

Car: BMW 335xi
Default 12-01-2013, 12:02 AM

2007 E90 335xi 6AT Premium Pkg | JB4 G5 ISO | Cheap custom exhaust: OBX ********* ***, Secondary *** Delete w/ Magnaflow Xpipe | *****Performance Backend Flash ("PUMP") | DCI | BMS Cowl Filters | Alpina TCU Software | M3 flappy paddles retrofit | NGK "one step colder" Soon: custom oil cooler retrofit, VRSF 7" FMIC
(#34)
Old

Car: 135i
Default 12-01-2013, 12:14 AM

Would never buy any of his products. He won't last in the BMW scene with his kits. Very unprofessional and sounds like a douche 99% of the time.

135i - JB4 15ohm l Mr 5 Intake l AA C@tless ********* l ETS Intercooler l BMS Methanol Injection l Berk Tech Mids l Berk Tech Axleback l BMS OCC l ER CP l Turbosmart BOV's. SOLD

335i DCT - JB4 G5 ISO l AA C@tless ********* l ETS Intercooler l Custom Intake l Meth l BMS E85 Flash l BMS OCC l ER CP l Walbro 255 l Turbosmart BOV's. CURRENT
(#35)
Old

Car: n54 TOOPL3SS
Default 12-01-2013, 12:31 AM

Terry I think you made some valid points about Vargas. I don't post alot on these forms I try to read as much as I can I'm more of a low key type of guy. I personally don't know how this guy is still in business. I was strongly considering buy his stage2 batch 2 turbo I was on the fence about it. but I flat out don't trust the guy. Terry u have my support I will spend my money ASAP on bms products.
(#36)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 12-01-2013, 01:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by j23a45m
Terry you're one of the best people/person to deal with. Im hurt the bms family is going through this head ache with this "ready to run" N55 upgrade. I'm not absorbing the cost but i feel a tad disrespected as y'all do.

I know BMS doesn't need it, but I have a donation to give to help get what i would want myself back on the road! message me so i can sand a few clams to help please!
Next time you come down to LA we should all grab a few beers . It's just crazy how we can all give and literally look to receive nothing. As long as you're helping, this is a great community.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

(#37)
Old

Car: E92 335xi M
Default 12-01-2013, 09:07 AM

Quote:
On the hybrid front we will see how this turbo does. Another local shop is also working on some sort of a hybrid upgrade. For the big guns when there is enough interest in the platform FFTEC has also expressed willingness to develop a nice kit for it. And of course RB is working on something in this category as well. The N55 flash tools were just released so the future is looking bright for the platform IMHO.
Sounds good. Think I'll probably just sit tight for now. I'm sure there will be quite the development in the next 12 months.
(#38)
Old

Car: N55 335i
Default 12-01-2013, 11:10 AM

I'm not in the market for a turbo upgrade and I probably never will be. But I am a BMS customer and I do surf several online forums. Vargas has constantly shown himself to be a disrespectful and combative member of the community, from putting down RB to flat out disrespecting community members, you included Terry. RB said early on that he performs R&D on his own dime and that no self-respecting tuner should pay for prototype testing with his customer's money. It's like an automotive Ponzi scheme. He was right then and he's still right now.

I'm glad you've moved on Terry. Your customer service to this community has been unquestionable.
(#39)
Old

Car: E92 335xi M
Default 12-01-2013, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdub679
I'm glad you've moved on Terry. Your customer service to this community has been unquestionable.
Couldn't agree more. Well said.
(#40)
Old

Car: 335i
Default 12-01-2013, 01:08 PM

I'm on the fence with RB or VTT right now the only thing that has me intrigued are the GTX billet wheels that VTT offers, if they perform well hopefully RB's can offer them as well
(#41)
Old

Car: E92 335i 6MT
Default 12-01-2013, 01:23 PM

I will probably continue to support Vargas, I like that he's developing for the platform and I like the data he's trying to get like shaft speed and airflow data, but I definitely understand the complains and issues people are having. He's been a lot more hostile lately, hopefully whatever the cause is he works out.

Anyway, I'm never one to buy something until I have data. No matter the reputation or the discount. It's why I won't be getting the new M3/4 for a year or so minimum etc. I'd rather pay more later once it's proven... if I want to roll the dice and deal with waits I'll build something myself personally.

The S3 kit was very appealing when the FFTEC only offered single scroll and had very little feedback. With the twinscroll option and better transparency from them nowadays the S3 kit isn't so necessary in my eyes anyway. Time will tell.
(#42)
Old

Default 12-01-2013, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlcf22
I'm on the fence with RB or VTT right now the only thing that has me intrigued are the GTX billet wheels that VTT offers, if they perform well hopefully RB's can offer them as well
You got lucky. Vargas ordered 80+ GTX wheels since he thought they would work with the stock housings. Now he is asking if anyone needs some cool paperweights.
(#43)
Old

Default 12-01-2013, 02:47 PM

(#44)
Old

Car: 2011 e92 335i
Default 12-01-2013, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdub679
I'm not in the market for a turbo upgrade and I probably never will be. But I am a BMS customer and I do surf several online forums. Vargas has constantly shown himself to be a disrespectful and combative member of the community, from putting down RB to flat out disrespecting community members, you included Terry. RB said early on that he performs R&D on his own dime and that no self-respecting tuner should pay for prototype testing with his customer's money. It's like an automotive Ponzi scheme. He was right then and he's still right now.

+1. Terry's the best guy i have ever dealt with with this platform and def continue to deal with him with my next car.. I will will be picking up a f30 this coming month and will be purchasing a few parts from you soon!
(#45)
Old
huh?

Car: German car(S)
Default 12-02-2013, 02:22 AM

Pretty crazy to read how this turned out. I'm glad I didn't jump on it now I was so very close..

2014 CLS 550 Magno Cashmere White
(#46)
Old
335is 7DCT/JB4

Car: BMW 335IS 7DCT/JB4
Default 12-02-2013, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonMartin
Pretty crazy to read how this turned out. I'm glad I didn't jump on it now I was so very close..
+1

Kevin

2018 440 MPPSK/MPE
2014 435 MPPK/THP
2013 135is 6MT/JB4/ISO
2011 335is 7DCT/JB4/ISO/BMS Flash(sold)
FF Cobra Mk-IV COYOTE BOSS + TKO-600
(#47)
Old

Car: 08 135i , 06 325xi e90
Default 12-02-2013, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by v8bait
I will probably continue to support Vargas, I like that he's developing for the platform and I like the data he's trying to get like shaft speed and airflow data, but I definitely understand the complains and issues people are having. He's been a lot more hostile lately, hopefully whatever the cause is he works out.

Anyway, I'm never one to buy something until I have data. No matter the reputation or the discount. It's why I won't be getting the new M3/4 for a year or so minimum etc. I'd rather pay more later once it's proven... if I want to roll the dice and deal with waits I'll build something myself personally.

The S3 kit was very appealing when the FFTEC only offered single scroll and had very little feedback. With the twinscroll option and better transparency from them nowadays the S3 kit isn't so necessary in my eyes anyway. Time will tell.
Tony is who he is.. and that is someone like T put it almost bipolar... now that i do not do business with him or have any money with him or anything i can sit here and take your position and agree with what you said...

Now put yourself in a position where you are doing business with him and things will change. I was prob the first person on either forum to argue and battle with Tony and i sent PMs to a few people I knew and stated my opinion on his ethics and how he handled customer service and bumps in the road. I was on the first shipment of the initial stage 1s, his bickering and belittling was exactly the same than as it is now. He is rude, disrespectful, belittles his customers, I won't say lies but certainly deceives, and overall just has poor people skills. I have emails to and from him that I could post that have each of us ripping each other apart. Will I look bad too sure but should it have gotten to that level NO WAY.

I have dealt with many companies, people, and friends with business across many forums have had plenty of hiccups in things i have done and have received and never in my life has any transaction, business deal, purchase, service agreement EVER went down the way it did with Tony. In the end I did get my money back for my stage 2s, which is a page long story in itself but short story....

- BMW installs my turbos and forgets to put oil in the engine. Damaged my engine and turbos to the point of failure while doing so.
- Tony tells me they are not a recommended installer and he "told me" not to use them. The dealership everyone goes to did this. So i am in a BAD spot.
- I ask him to rebuild said turbos. He agrees after bantering about who installed them and how, etc... I am disgruntled my motor is blown, I’m out motor money install money turbo money with nothing. He says he will rebuild them, GREAT.
- After 2+ months of him telling me he would rebuild the turbos and ship by XYZ date numerous times the last month of this we would argue, not argue, and agree on shipping dates and pass shipping dates to the point where I was so extremely aggravated that i demanded money back. Privately not publicly.
- He sent my money back after i asked for it, not before telling me. I was going to send them today but HA here is your money, literally wrote something like that so funny because i upgraded your wheel design (by then he had changed OG design for whatever reason) and had them all ready but now you can’t have them even if you wanted them, but here is your refund.
- BIG KICKER HERE - his installer who he recommended was now doing my motor swap and turbo install and my car was sitting at this shop for 2-3 months. ( ITSBROKEAGAIN ) Many may know him ( MATT) , he would ask the same questions and we would get the same bs responses, it got to a point where Tony told me only matt can ask for the status LOL
- This actually got in the way of Matts job. Three months the car sat at a gas station where Matt rented a lift in the interim, while looking for a solid job, after leaving his last shop. My car parked outside of this gas station each and every one of those days with no engine in it, no bumper on a BUSY PUBLIC STREET. Plandome Service center, google earth it and see if you are bored LOL Its prob in the google earth shot, it was there long enough.
-Tony knew all of this and obv didn't make him rush ANYTHING. I lost a motor and turbos at someone else’s fault, he says told u so, shouldn’t have went to BMW, should of went to Matt. Knows im out 6-7k at least so Im a little uneasy obv, but proceeds to take 2 months to rebuild CHRA's

So after that ordeal I than ordered from Rob who couldn’t have made process any easier. Shipped way quicker than Tony (never) did while selling me a brand new set right after the group buy which left his parts stock depleted

-This ordeal cost me 3+ months. Guess what? Motor had 2 month warranty and that passed. Motor installed exactly 3 weeks after I ordered RBs and upon first start up that motor had a damaged crank and was no good. Is that Tony’s fault ? NO. Had he done what he said which was rebuild my turbos within 2 weeks; Would that of happened within warranty time? YES. But i did not say ONE NEGATIVE thing. Maybe I should have.

He seriously needs to simply have ideas, produce products, and hire someone to handle customer service as well as do whatever he has to do to R and D like a professional to AVOID all the issues he’s had.

I have examined the fuel upgrade with my mechanic who is on these forums as well and the only thing that i can see on the HPFP that is modified is removing the inlet filter. The rail inlet was bored a smidge and that is all we can see. For what price? $500? If he was a great nice guy "Helping" the community he would have just told us. He said he wanted a new pump used with the upgrade. IMO because that will do MORE than what his upgrade did. Which is a little more than nothing. If his business was as profitable as he proclaims he wouldn't need that extra money for the hot air.

If he had this business that was so profitable he wouldn't have purchased a salvaged 335i from across the country. He'd buy a nice example with low miles, clean, etc.. Now i don't disagree with that car purchase the way he has belittled some for their jobs and put himself on a pedestal it is funny to me. Going further he wouldn't ask for deposits and R and D on a car it took him a half year + into his projects to get and would have avoided MANY bumps.

I can honestly sit here and type for two hours portraying my opinion backing with facts and posts and try to let most perceive him the way I do but its not worth it. What T said is entirely accurate and put as professional as he could have written it. I am literally only skimming the very top of my opinion here I can go so much deeper showing signs of this since day 1 but I really don't care, I just wanted to post this after not speaking ONE word of negative ish about Tony regarding my experience b/c I am not one to do this at all. Many have asked me why I haven't and I said i will when the time is right. Well it’s right now

No matter what Tony has put forth there is ALWAYS a IF, AND, or a BUT. Every single time.

e92

Last edited by chuckd05; 12-02-2013 at 01:45 PM..
(#48)
Old
Bravest N54 Owner Award

Car: BMW 335xi
Default 12-02-2013, 12:47 PM

2007 E90 335xi 6AT Premium Pkg | JB4 G5 ISO | Cheap custom exhaust: OBX ********* ***, Secondary *** Delete w/ Magnaflow Xpipe | *****Performance Backend Flash ("PUMP") | DCI | BMS Cowl Filters | Alpina TCU Software | M3 flappy paddles retrofit | NGK "one step colder" Soon: custom oil cooler retrofit, VRSF 7" FMIC
(#49)
Old

Default 12-02-2013, 01:36 PM

Damn

2008 335i Coupe 6MT
JB4G5, DCI, Wagner FMIC
(#50)
Old

Default 12-02-2013, 02:49 PM

damnnnnn