N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old
Tuner

Default Updated 335is dyno - 05-22-2013, 05:13 PM

Hey guys,

Had a chance to dyno a 335is today. He's running JB4 G5 (ISO_21 firmware), a new backend flash we made a couple weeks ago for DCT cars, BMS *********, BMS DCI, BMS CP, ETS IC, E40, and a BMS meth kit. All runs were done on map 7 which targets 18.5psi peak tapering to 14.5psi at redline. Runs were done in 5th gear and temps were in the high 70s.

Car performed flawlessly on the dyno and set a new N54 stock turbo power record. It's a touch over advanced for E40 @ ~6300rpm but the owner plans to run E50 and shifts around 6000rpm anyway, so we decided to leave it as is for now. We'll collect some additional road logs for further evaluation. The car is an absolute beast and he reports no DCT trans slippage.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#2)
Old

Car: 335i 318ti
Default 05-22-2013, 05:23 PM

Nice #'s!
(#3)
Old

Car: '07 335i MT
Default 05-22-2013, 06:26 PM

Terry why is the boost low? I'd assume with E40 and meth, you can run 20psi midrange.

SOLD --'07 E90 335i, PTF COBB E50, HFS4, ER CP, ETS 7", AA **, Exhaust, DCI, ACT, Nitto Nt555

SOLD -- '10 E92 335i M, 6MT COBB v3, ER IC, ER CP, VRSF **, Fuel-it st2, Mfactory LSD, powerflex subrframe bushings
(#4)
Old
huh?

Car: German car(S)
Default 05-22-2013, 07:00 PM

Nice whats different on iso 21?

2014 CLS 550 Magno Cashmere White
(#5)
Old

Car: BMW 1M
Default 05-23-2013, 12:47 AM

why would you run Map 7, when you have meth or was meth flowing on all maps ?

Is Map 7 with meth better than map three with a 70% additive?

RHD Top Mount ST
(#6)
Old

Car: 335i
Default 05-23-2013, 06:23 AM

Nice work!!
(#7)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-23-2013, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marv85
Terry why is the boost low? I'd assume with E40 and meth, you can run 20psi midrange.
There is plenty more boost on tap down low, but since this is a DCT trans, we decided to keep it a bit on the "conservative" side.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#8)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-23-2013, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonMartin
Nice whats different on iso 21?
Basically raised the duty cycle limit for people who are pushing stock turbos to their limit.

Burger Motorsports

(#9)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-23-2013, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1///M
why would you run Map 7, when you have meth or was meth flowing on all maps ?

Is Map 7 with meth better than map three with a 70% additive?
He's running E50 and our flash so can run map 7 without meth. And instead just uses the meth for cooling. So no safety is required. Map 7 happens to very nicely match the factory turbo power curve. It's 18.5psi tapering to 14.5psi at redline.

Map 3 has less taper and more boost down low. So in theory has more power & torque potential. But since we're turbo limited basically map 7 & map 3 + 60-70 additive tend to perform about the same.

Burger Motorsports

(#10)
Old

Car: a slow one
Default turbos - 05-23-2013, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
He's running E50 and our flash so can run map 7 without meth. And instead just uses the meth for cooling. So no safety is required. Map 7 happens to very nicely match the factory turbo power curve. It's 18.5psi tapering to 14.5psi at redline.

Map 3 has less taper and more boost down low. So in theory has more power & torque potential. But since we're turbo limited basically map 7 & map 3 + 60-70 additive tend to perform about the same.
Could you do something similar for someone running Rb's? Meth doesn't give me the warm fuzzies. I do have e85 on tap and would like to run meth as a cooling factor. I wld like to see 480-490whp range and your backend flash with the 455 walbro? Rb install underway right now
(#11)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-23-2013, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07tundra
Could you do something similar for someone running Rb's? Meth doesn't give me the warm fuzzies. I do have e85 on tap and would like to run meth as a cooling factor. I wld like to see 480-490whp range and your backend flash with the 455 walbro? Rb install underway right now
Sure just do a custom map 6, set meth additive to 0, and then meth will turn on while targeting your map 6 values. Something like 19psi tapering to 17psi at redline should do it.

Burger Motorsports

(#12)
Old

Car: a slow one
Default 05-23-2013, 11:12 AM

So 480-490 is possible then without having to tune for the meth?
(#13)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-23-2013, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07tundra
So 480-490 is possible then without having to tune for the meth?
You can tune for E85 only to around 480rw, then just use the meth on top for cooling and fuel system support.

Burger Motorsports

(#14)
Old

Car: 2013 BMW 335is
Default 05-24-2013, 09:56 AM

Subscribed...

2013 BMW 335is Convertible
(#15)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-24-2013, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///ADMAN
Subscribed...
You are a good candidate for our back end flash. Since you are using E85 or race gas we can ramp up those advance targets, firm up the DCT, and probably add 30hp in the process.

Burger Motorsports

(#16)
Old

Car: 2013 BMW 335is
Default 05-24-2013, 02:11 PM

I'm in

I am actually on the way to my car RIGHT NOW to update the hex.

Anything else I need to do? I saw on the other thread to check the FutureUse setting.
And, I assume I can still run the fixed MAP6 you gave me. My car likes it with the E85.

2013 BMW 335is Convertible
(#17)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-24-2013, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///ADMAN
I'm in

I am actually on the way to my car RIGHT NOW to update the hex.

Anything else I need to do? I saw on the other thread to check the FutureUse setting.
And, I assume I can still run the fixed MAP6 you gave me. My car likes it with the E85.
You're thinking of the JB4 firmware... The back end flash is something else all together. Normally it's reserved for large turbo and heavy E85 cars but the 335is cars running E85 or race gas mixtures also greatly benefit from it.

Burger Motorsports

(#18)
Old

Car: 335i
Default 09-14-2013, 06:43 AM

What tire size and brand is he running?

2013 335iS DCT, Alpine/Saddle
JB4, BMS Flash, DCI, BMS Dp's, Inline
*RECORD 1/4
11.5 @119 mph*
(#19)
Old

Default 09-15-2013, 12:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdyates
What tire size and brand is he running?
Toyo R888's.

http://toyotires.com/tire/pattern/pr...petition-tires

Current: 2008 e92 335i coupe.

Previous: 2003 Honda Accord V6 coupe: AEM V2, zex 75 wet shot (sold)
Past 1998 acura integra rs: jrsc @ 6 psi and bolt ons.