N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: M135i
Default Big Turbo kit for N55? - 11-13-2018, 01:24 PM

I'm going to start the process of forging the N55 engine, I currently use PS2. I'm going to lower the compression to 9.2: 1
What Big Turbo Kit do you recommend?

M135i EWG 2014
[B]Pure Turbo Stage 2 | Port Injection FI | Exhaust |Chargepipe ER | Intercooler Phoenix | Intake BMS | LPFP Stage 2 FI | TMAP N20 3.5 BAR | Pure Inlet Highflow | GFB DV+ | JB4 | BEF Trebila
Hoosier
Your’s Erik🇲🇽
(#2)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 11-13-2018, 02:15 PM

How much power are you trying to make? Is the PS2 Not enough power for what you're going for?

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#3)
Old

Car: 2012 135i N55 DCT
Default 11-13-2018, 02:40 PM

BigboostUSA 3.4 kit- Juan has great customer service. speedtech kit is also the best quality, and Vargas is coming out with something in a few more months.

2012 BMW 135i DCT, Late E series. JB4+BMS e85 BEF, VRSF meowless, ARM chargepipe, VRSF 7.5in race FMIC, Fuel-it! TBI Bronze, Fuel it! Stage 2 LPFP
(#4)
Old

Default 11-13-2018, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Payam @ BMS
How much power are you trying to make? Is the PS2 Not enough power for what you're going for?
600 WHP +\-

M135i EWG 2014
[B]Pure Turbo Stage 2 | Port Injection FI | Exhaust |Chargepipe ER | Intercooler Phoenix | Intake BMS | LPFP Stage 2 FI | TMAP N20 3.5 BAR | Pure Inlet Highflow | GFB DV+ | JB4 | BEF Trebila
Hoosier
Your’s Erik🇲🇽
(#5)
Old

Car: m3
Default 11-13-2018, 04:32 PM

We can handle that for you, we've got some great N55 specific parts- including doing an N54 crank shaft swap. Closed deck, ported heads, valve train, pinned hub, and other things are available.

The BB kit works- but if your going for big power, get the externally mounted wastegate manifold. We have an E92 with a fully built engine, and the head/portwork flows so hard that the internally gated set up can't keep up. We'll be swapping manifolds and turbo housings to help be able to contain the boost.

abrhouston.com
832-797-9114
(#6)
Old

Default 11-13-2018, 05:53 PM

I'm going to use this
JE Pistons 9.5:1
Carrillo Rods.
King Race Bearing.
Ferrea Valves.
Head Gasket OEM?

M135i EWG 2014
Hoosier
Your’s Erik🇲🇽
(#7)
Old
Tuner

Car: 2016 F22 M235i Mineral White
Default Yesterday, 05:32 AM

Erik, I'll set you up on the turbo kit, the EWG has no problem in the boost control. As for the head gasket I'm using OEM in all my engine builds and no problems at all!

Big Boost, designing world's most innovating and efficient turbo kits!
-----------------
BigBoost Instagram: @bigboost_turbo
webpage: bigboostusa.com

BigBoost's car: BMW M240i
Stage 3.2 turbo
Current B58 Horsepower record holder: ̶5̶3̶4̶, ̶5̶6̶3̶, ̶5̶7̶1̶. Currently: 613 WHP

Daily Driver: BMW M235i
BBT stage 3.3 turbo

Garage Queen: 2014 Nissan GT-R
EcuTek ECM and TCM tune, BDM DumpPipes, BDM intakes, BDM full race exhaust, hybrid turbos, E85. 936 WHP
(#8)
Old

Car: 135i
Default Yesterday, 05:44 AM

Consider bigboost for build or do yourself

For turbo best option on market is speedtech sxe kit with external wastegate. Bigboost 3.4 is very very similar, basically the same except bigboost uses a master flow and speedtech uses a BW. Bigboost is also a larger shop so you’ll have to consider the kits based on cost, vender, and turbo.

Either one you can make good power with and either one you should go with external waste gate.

If your goal is big wheel horsepower and f*** the spool go with a top mount.

2012 N55 135I, Speedtech 7670, JB4 + MHD, Fuel-it port injection & stage 3 LPFP, M4 A2W IC, Mfactory LSD, KW V1, Apex EC-7, Most importantly CF Roof!
(#9)
Old

Car: 2013 BMW 335i xdrive M Sport
Default Yesterday, 06:08 AM

what are your goals : dyno king / drag race / roll race / half mile

'13 BMW 335ix Speedtech stg 3 !
W.R. 11.01 @127.6mph, LUCHOJB4, BMS BEF MHD, E85/Reg + meth 24.8psi ~ Set-up on Drag Track online instagram @luchocampusano ➡
(#10)
Old

Car: 2012 bmw 135i
Default Yesterday, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex@abrhouston
We can handle that for you, we've got some great N55 specific parts- including doing an N54 crank shaft swap. Closed deck, ported heads, valve train, pinned hub, and other things are available.

The BB kit works- but if your going for big power, get the externally mounted wastegate manifold. We have an E92 with a fully built engine, and the head/portwork flows so hard that the internally gated set up can't keep up. We'll be swapping manifolds and turbo housings to help be able to contain the boost.
Can you pm me what the cost would be for something like this setup? I was wanting to do a top mount pushing serious power. I'd rather do it on a fully built motor that can handle anything I throw at it

<-- Click for the build thread Full 1M bodywork,ONE EIGHTY HL,Carbon hood,trunk,side skirts,black lines,CKS coil overs, Sparta Evolution 2 piece rotors , PURE Stage 2 Turbo 24psi e65
(#11)
Old

Default Yesterday, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by luchocamp
what are your goals : dyno king / drag race / roll race / half mile
Drag race

M135i EWG 2014
Hoosier
Your’s Erik🇲🇽
(#12)
Old

Default Yesterday, 01:25 PM

stock engine could go more than ZF 8 speed could manage. N55 is strong

W.R. 11.01 @127.6mph, LUCHOJB4, BMS BEF MHD, E85/Reg + meth 24.8psi ~ Set-up on Drag Track online instagram @luchocampusano ➡
(#13)
Old

Default Yesterday, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by luchocamp
stock engine could go more than ZF 8 speed could manage. N55 is strong
I suffered some kind of detonation and lost compression in cylinder 2. I still can not find an explanation of how it happened. The log seems to be clean.

M135i EWG 2014
Hoosier
Your’s Erik🇲🇽
(#14)
Old

Default Today, 03:06 AM

Bad to hear that. A good shop could identify what happens. Even a forged engine could be damage if something stop working hardware or software.

(#15)
Old

Default Today, 07:19 AM

Try to find what happens first.
One of my customers in Colombia M135i RWD N55 speedtech efr 8374 makes 11.1@130mph stock N55 engine FBO PI WMI E60 hoosier 245 40 18 MHD and JB4 24psi target and still more to improve by @luchocampusano

(#16)
Old

Car: m3
Default Today, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasJD
Can you pm me what the cost would be for something like this setup? I was wanting to do a top mount pushing serious power. I'd rather do it on a fully built motor that can handle anything I throw at it
Go check out our goodies on abrhouston.com and shoot us an email engines@abrhouston.com

abrhouston.com
832-797-9114