N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: 2016 550i
Default Stage 2 - 05-16-2021, 09:37 AM

Explain to me what would be considered stage two I have dp and the jb4 but on my way ordering a upgraded air intake and mufflers but not to sure with the muffler people are already intimidated of the car donít really want too much attention plus Iíd rather here the turbos spin than overrated noise like the mustangs and chargers do
(#2)
Old
Anti-Social

Car: 2021 M550i xDrive
Default 05-16-2021, 10:27 AM

Pure Turbos.

Mike Levy
2021 Tanzanite Blue II M550 xDrive
2010 Glacier Pearl Nissan Murano SL
(#3)
Old

Car: X5 M50i
Default 05-18-2021, 06:14 AM

Still waiting on adapters to make waste gate connections on the new 63s('21 M50i). The limited reviews of just the 2 basic air box/MAF or whatever they are called up front haven't been all that great on the lower 4 or 5 lb boost increase maps which I would have expected to be a pretty significant jump in TQ and HP to a slightly lesser degree. Wondering if some of these guys are not evaluating or making their SOTP in Sport plus. Love to hear some feedback etc. on JB4 with these late model 4.4L motors.
(#4)
Old
Anti-Social

Car: 2021 M550i xDrive
Default 05-18-2021, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phaser
Still waiting on adapters to make waste gate connections on the new 63s('21 M50i). The limited reviews of just the 2 basic air box/MAF or whatever they are called up front haven't been all that great on the lower 4 or 5 lb boost increase maps which I would have expected to be a pretty significant jump in TQ and HP to a slightly lesser degree. Wondering if some of these guys are not evaluating or making their SOTP in Sport plus. Love to hear some feedback etc. on JB4 with these late model 4.4L motors.
Humm...... I wonder if theres some neutering happening on the M50i's too? The M550s can't launch properly due to BMWs programming, so they will not see big gains in performance from anything right now.

Mike Levy
2021 Tanzanite Blue II M550 xDrive
2010 Glacier Pearl Nissan Murano SL
(#5)
Old

Car: X5 M50i
Default 05-18-2021, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_L
Humm...... I wonder if theres some neutering happening on the M50i's too? The M550s can't launch properly due to BMWs programming, so they will not see big gains in performance from anything right now.
Could very well be Mike.
I was really looking for a nice TQ bump and some roll on power increases in this type of heavy SUV although it is pretty damn strong stock.