N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#151)
Old
JB4 addict

Car: powered by JB4
Default 02-02-2016, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthonyc
I tried to adjust the fuel gauge boost level as well as code clears etc but i had no luck... The only function that seems to work is the MAP adjustment, but since we have to stay in MAP 1 for now that doesn't do much for us.
Quote:
Originally Posted by IceMan565
I'm just trying to turn on the boost gauge for now.
It definitely works. Pedal depressed > 50% I can see fuel gauge moving to indicate boost

Last edited by spikiii; 02-03-2016 at 01:32 PM..
(#152)
Old

Car: 2016 340xi
Default 02-02-2016, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Feedback is fine!
Hey Terry, thanks for all of your help and email reponses.....i just ordered the data cable.....newbie mistake; lol...

Hopefully i will be able to connect in and make adjustments to the menu options...This is my first jb4....i had stage 1's on my (2) previous 335's so i'm still trying to learn how to go through the process of this one. Any feedback anyone can give me would be appreciated. I already downloaded the JB4 interface onto my laptop...just need some help with values, changes and what to be careful of. Im sure there are tons of threads but this BETA system seems to be a new breed so im looking for a step by step...one thing is the boost limiter on 1st 2nd and 3rd gear, i dont know what the numbers / settings mean or what affect they have on the car

Love the new JB4 BTW.....i cant believe how much torque this thing is putting out. Car runs great and the motor is very happy.
(#153)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-02-2016, 06:25 PM

Did a little dyno testing today with our prototype intake and VM's prototype **. Runs were done on 93 octane, no meth flowing, so we could try to get a close to apples to apples comparison of before. I was not able to get a run of just the *** without the intake this go around but previous testing with the intake showed around 7-8whp gains. So the rest is the combination of the ** and slightly more aggressive mapping allowable with the bolt on parts.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#154)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-02-2016, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Hey Terry, thanks for all of your help and email reponses.....i just ordered the data cable.....newbie mistake; lol...

Hopefully i will be able to connect in and make adjustments to the menu options...This is my first jb4....i had stage 1's on my (2) previous 335's so i'm still trying to learn how to go through the process of this one. Any feedback anyone can give me would be appreciated. I already downloaded the JB4 interface onto my laptop...just need some help with values, changes and what to be careful of. Im sure there are tons of threads but this BETA system seems to be a new breed so im looking for a step by step...one thing is the boost limiter on 1st 2nd and 3rd gear, i dont know what the numbers / settings mean or what affect they have on the car

Love the new JB4 BTW.....i cant believe how much torque this thing is putting out. Car runs great and the motor is very happy.
For anything specific to your car you'd have to email.

There is really nothing you should change, other than setting the boost cap per gear, if traction is an issue for you. In that case limiting boost to 12psi in 1st and 14psi in 2nd is a good starting point.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#155)
Old

Car: 135i
Default 02-07-2016, 01:03 PM

Got everything hooked up on my manual 340i and it feels pretty nice so far, definitely more power than stock and it feels like it pulls smoothly most of the time. I'll try to get some logs in the near future but the car drives a lot better than I thought it would for an early beta.

I do feel like the boost takes a little longer to come on in Map 1 compared to stock and there have been a few times at higher RPM that I feel a little hesitation, boost oscillation, or maybe timing being pulled so I'll try to log it soon but definitely no real complaints so far. This is on 91 octane.
(#156)
Old

Car: 2008 BMW 335i E92
Default 02-08-2016, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remonster
Got everything hooked up on my manual 340i and it feels pretty nice so far, definitely more power than stock and it feels like it pulls smoothly most of the time. I'll try to get some logs in the near future but the car drives a lot better than I thought it would for an early beta.

I do feel like the boost takes a little longer to come on in Map 1 compared to stock and there have been a few times at higher RPM that I feel a little hesitation, boost oscillation, or maybe timing being pulled so I'll try to log it soon but definitely no real complaints so far. This is on 91 octane.
Same for me. I also feels like the boost takes longer but pulls harder once it does.
(#157)
Old
JB4 addict

Default 02-08-2016, 01:45 PM

+1 to the above, boost does feel like it's a bit laggier but once it kicks in, the 340 really does take off
(#158)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-08-2016, 01:56 PM

Peak torque is shifted up so you'll hit that peak later in the power curve, but at no point does it make less torque than stock. The BETA map1 is pretty mild. We'll crank things up down low further after we've had a chance to study logs over a wider range of climates and fuels.

Burger Motorsports

(#159)
Old
JB4 addict

Default 02-08-2016, 01:59 PM

Awesome~! looking forward to it Terry.

Trying to get logs, but notebook is not behaving.... battery life as soon as i unplug from mains = 1%
(#160)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-10-2016, 10:09 AM

Just released our B58 intake system. It's machined from a piece of billet and really sharp. It's a more expensive process than using welded aluminum but in this case we thought it more appropriate for the application.

http://www.burgertuning.com/B58_340i...ce_intake.html

Burger Motorsports

(#161)
Old
Demigod

Car: F20 M135i
Default 02-10-2016, 10:20 AM

Looking good!

F21 M140i - 100-200: 6.95
Audi TTRS - 100-200: 4.47 60-130: 5.16
F80 M3 - 100-200: 4.45, 60-130: 5.1
F20 M135i (sold) - 100-200: 6.26 , 60-130: 7.4
peter@pureturbos.eu
peter@pureturbos.com
peter@protuningfreaks.com
pureturbos.eu
(#162)
Old
JB4 addict

Default 02-10-2016, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Cool, so take off the original case + sensor and put this guy in and re-plug sensor?
(#163)
Old

Default 02-10-2016, 02:02 PM

Looks great; already put the order in. Should we keep it on MAP 1 with the added intake or would that only be for the ** install?

Quote:
Just released our B58 intake system. It's machined from a piece of billet and really sharp. It's a more expensive process than using welded aluminum but in this case we thought it more appropriate for the application.

http://www.burgertuning.com/B58_340i...ce_intake.html

(#164)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-10-2016, 02:03 PM

Still map1, for now.

Burger Motorsports

(#165)
Old
Crashcrf

Car: e90 335i
Default 02-27-2016, 04:24 PM

I just installed my JB4

340i EB with Coral Red, JB4 Beta, BMS Intake
(#166)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-27-2016, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crashcrf
I just installed my JB4
It's a BETA product. If you need help, email in to tech support.

Burger Motorsports

(#167)
Old
Crashcrf

Car: e90 335i
Default 02-28-2016, 05:19 AM

Quote:
It's a BETA product. If you need help, email in to tech support.
Thanks Terry, i sent and Email to Jon and Yourself. I appreciate all you guys do for us BMW fans.

340i EB with Coral Red, JB4 Beta, BMS Intake
(#168)
Old

Car: 135i FL
Default 02-28-2016, 10:32 AM

how much psi has map1?
(#169)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-01-2016, 11:23 AM

Hey guys,

Just as an update for those who missed it, I took our 340i out to ShiftSector over the weekend for some grueling half mile testing. It's equipped with a JB4, BMS intake, and BMS water/meth kit. Otherwise stock. Fuel was 93 octane. For the water/meth it was running an 80% mixture with dial CM5 nozzles.

Best trap speed of the day was 144.8mph which considering the conditions was pretty solid. Ahead of stock turbo N54 times.

For fun I had Ando turn the JB4 off on our stock turbo M4 for a head-to-head. He's got a BMS intake/chargepipes, BMS catback, drag radials, and a little higher octane, but the 340i still smoked him...

Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

(#170)
Old

Default 03-02-2016, 06:40 PM

Hi Terry
Just reading your post, sounds like a fun time...lol I was up at monticello racetrack this past weekend and was running laps as well. Is there a way to eliminate the speed governor? Apparently my 340 tops out at 130MPH on the straight away....i see you topped out way faster than that.....can we circumvent the top speed limiter by using the JB4?
Quote:
Hey guys,

Just as an update for those who missed it, I took our 340i out to ShiftSector over the weekend for some grueling half mile testing. It's equipped with a JB4, BMS intake, and BMS water/meth kit. Otherwise stock. Fuel was 93 octane. For the water/meth it was running an 80% mixture with dial CM5 nozzles.

Best trap speed of the day was 144.8mph which considering the conditions was pretty solid. Ahead of stock turbo N54 times.

For fun I had Ando turn the JB4 off on our stock turbo M4 for a head-to-head. He's got a BMS intake/chargepipes, BMS catback, drag radials, and a little higher octane, but the 340i still smoked him...

(#171)
Old

Car: 2011 335xi
Default 03-03-2016, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Hi Terry
Just reading your post, sounds like a fun time...lol I was up at monticello racetrack this past weekend and was running laps as well. Is there a way to eliminate the speed governor? Apparently my 340 tops out at 130MPH on the straight away....i see you topped out way faster than that.....can we circumvent the top speed limiter by using the JB4?
I am guessing this is the same as the past generations. If that is the case then you need to get the right combination of parts to get the 155mph speed limiter and nobody has figured out how to remove it except for bench flashing.
(#172)
Old

Car: BMW 340xi
Default 03-03-2016, 01:11 PM

I installed the intake and JB4 on my 6MT 340xi. Put about 400 miles on the car since the install and everything was great. Just today I received a drive train malfunction. I turned off the car for about 5 minutes and no more issues. Is this something I should be concerned with? Thanks.

2016 BMW 340xi JB4 and Billet Intake
(#173)
Old

Car: f30
Default 03-03-2016, 09:11 PM

i am looking to get jb4 , intake , meth , **,cp
for b58
are meth kit , cp, ** , ready or not yet ?
i cant wait
i feel b58 can make a new record than n55, n54
(#174)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-03-2016, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beemer76
I installed the intake and JB4 on my 6MT 340xi. Put about 400 miles on the car since the install and everything was great. Just today I received a drive train malfunction. I turned off the car for about 5 minutes and no more issues. Is this something I should be concerned with? Thanks.
We've had several firmware updates recently. Read the fault and email it in to tech support for assistance. If it's a known issue we'll send over the fix.

Burger Motorsports

(#175)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-03-2016, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Hi Terry
The speed limiter can't be removed with a piggyback, sorry. Ours is capped at 155mph.

Burger Motorsports