N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1401)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-04-2018, 09:19 PM

FOL is global for all maps including additive maps, but there is a minimal benefit/impact if trying to adjust the AFR itself. Even if you reduce the trims AFR will stay where it's mapped out for the DME BT.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#1402)
Old

Car: BMW
Default 09-04-2018, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
FOL is global for all maps including additive maps, but there is a minimal benefit/impact if trying to adjust the AFR itself. Even if you reduce the trims AFR will stay where it's mapped out for the DME BT.
Perfect thanks Terry!

| 2018 BMW 340i | M-Sport | Track Handling Package |
| Pure Stage 1 | MPE + ER down-pipe | BMS Intake | JB4 + MHD | BMS Meth Kit |
(#1403)
Old
BMW After BMW

Car: BMW M240i
Default 09-05-2018, 05:03 AM

I seriously doubt FOL adjustment requires the FF wire. FOL is likely active on all maps - ask in the support thread. EWG is for Map 6 if you’re messing with Duty Bias and other wastegate-related settings. Ask Terry if you want the gory details.

2017 F23/M240i Convertible (B58) / 6MT / FF Wires / EWG Wires / BMS Air Intake / Stock Exhaust / BMS Meth (100%) / 93 Octane
(#1404)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 09-05-2018, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterYous
I seriously doubt FOL adjustment requires the FF wire. FOL is likely active on all maps - ask in the support thread. EWG is for Map 6 if you’re messing with Duty Bias and other wastegate-related settings. Ask Terry if you want the gory details.
You need the FF wires to adjust FOL, without that then FOL numbers don't mean anything.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#1405)
Old

Default 09-05-2018, 03:47 PM

Quote:
The FF wires lowered my fuel trims on Map 3 with FOL set only on 65. Tested and logged earlier today.

(#1406)
Old

Car: M140i
Default 09-05-2018, 10:06 PM

Installed my JB4 today on my Shadow edition 140i, using the dash menu the mph needle was jumping all over the place. Ie, when 1 was selected it was jumping between 0-2 and bouncing up and down.

Is this a known issue or is something up with my unit/install ?
(#1407)
Old

Car: M240i
Default 09-05-2018, 10:52 PM

Ok, we know that FOL adjusts fuel if you have harness installed and is active on all maps. I noticed the immediate change when installed.

I want to install EWG, but have no issues with boost thus far. I don't want the install to cause changes and assume it will since FF install did. How do we zero it out so it won't have an effect once installed? I'm assuming I may need EWG for future WMI install. Maybe it's not... please advise.
(#1408)
Old
BMW After BMW

Default 09-06-2018, 07:29 AM

I run WMI without the EWG harness connected and at lower additives (30-35) it’s perfectly fine. That’s not to say it won’t help - just you don’t generally “need it” for WMI. I do want to reconnect it at some point to see if it makes a difference in building or holding boost.

Not sure on the other question on “zeroing out”.

2017 F23/M240i Convertible (B58) / 6MT / FF Wires / EWG Wires / BMS Air Intake / Stock Exhaust / BMS Meth (100%) / 93 Octane
(#1409)
Old

Car: 2008 335i Convertible
Default 09-06-2018, 04:40 PM

I’m dusting off the n54 335, and it’s been a while. Trying to figure out what firmware version I am running on the JB4, was looking for info on my current version, only thing I see is Rev 3.6 settings in the app settings.
(#1410)
Old
BMW After BMW

Default 09-06-2018, 04:53 PM

This is sorta the B58 thread...

(#1411)
Old

Car: 2008 335i Convertible
Default 09-06-2018, 07:03 PM

Quote:
This is sorta the B58 thread...
Thanks for pointing that out, will repost in the right place.
(#1412)
Old

Default 09-06-2018, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBoe
Ok, we know that FOL adjusts fuel if you have harness installed and is active on all maps. I noticed the immediate change when installed.

I want to install EWG, but have no issues with boost thus far. I don't want the install to cause changes and assume it will since FF install did. How do we zero it out so it won't have an effect once installed? I'm assuming I may need EWG for future WMI install. Maybe it's not... please advise.
Quoting myself... still needing an answer. lol!
(#1413)
Old

Car: M140i
Default 09-07-2018, 04:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew1810
Installed my JB4 today on my Shadow edition 140i, using the dash menu the mph needle was jumping all over the place. Ie, when 1 was selected it was jumping between 0-2 and bouncing up and down.

Is this a known issue or is something up with my unit/install ?
Uploaded the latest firmware and this is still an issue, also tacho does not move, instrument cluster is the 6WA I believe, anyone else got this issue ?
(#1414)
Old

Default 09-07-2018, 06:56 PM

I did on my M240, but that's known issue on our displays. Other than that, I've never seen such an issue. Can you connect the laptop or Bluetooth and make changes? Is it just the BC (dash integration) that's got issues?
(#1415)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-07-2018, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew1810
Uploaded the latest firmware and this is still an issue, also tacho does not move, instrument cluster is the 6WA I believe, anyone else got this issue ?
Yes per the other threads we don't have the gauges active yet for those, we're working on it though!

Burger Motorsports

(#1416)
Old

Default 09-11-2018, 07:50 AM

Hey Terry any sort of ETA if you had to guesstimate with the JB4 back-end flash?

(#1417)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-11-2018, 08:07 AM

MHD says 2-3 months on the flashing tools. So shortly after that.

Burger Motorsports

(#1418)
Old

Default 09-12-2018, 08:12 AM

Question about the EWG pigtail. I have the pins installed into the JB4, but not plugged into the car. Besides throttle closures, does this pigtail some what help maintain better boost control rather then having it fluctuate under load (example: 15psi then drops to 14 psi then creeps up to 17 psi then drops to 16 psi during a log). I don't experience throttle closures at all, but the boost does fluctuate at times @ WOT.

(#1419)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-12-2018, 08:13 AM

If it's not attached to the wastegate to change dutycycle it doens't do anything.

Burger Motorsports

(#1420)
Old

Default 09-12-2018, 08:15 AM

Quote:
If it's not attached to the wastegate to change dutycycle it doens't do anything.
OK so i take it as this pigtail will some what help maintain a "better" boost curve on my logs. I was under the impression that it helped the *****l3ss folks with throttle closures and overboost conditions.

(#1421)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-12-2018, 08:23 AM

I don't know what effect it might have on your car or whether you need it at all. If boost is over or under target then one benefit is being able to bring it closer to target.

Burger Motorsports

(#1422)
Old
BMW After BMW

Default 09-12-2018, 10:53 AM

Quote:
I don't know what effect it might have on your car or whether you need it at all. If boost is over or under target then one benefit is being able to bring it closer to target.
For me (B58 M240i with BMS intake, FF harness, 93 octane, and meth), it has helped correct overboost and create slightly smoother runs. I am sure of it because now I have it disconnected (the wire is faulty) and I am occasionally overboosting, esp with WMI/Map 7. I do currently get serious throttle closures when the car is on Map 7 when I first start driving at WOT, so I don't yet know if EWG control can help with throttle closures, but I am planning to fix the wire and then re-test, as a datapoint. The closures get better as I drive longer. I'll post logs when I get the thing reconnected.

(#1423)
Old

Car: F30 320i
Default 09-12-2018, 12:43 PM

Hi Guys,

I have a 320i B48 and just recevied my JB4 with the Fuel and EWG connectors. All connected with no issues car is still stock, am going to install a ******** and Exhaust later on.

I would like to find out which Firmware version i have? I am using the Bluetooth app and the Firmware ver it shows is 58/9//5

Is this the latest version or should i update to BMW_B48_B58_OBDII_9_T4.hex ?

Also, are there any settings i need to change in the user adjustments ? Default Wastegate Pos is Zero, is that normal?

Thanks,
(#1424)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-12-2018, 02:20 PM

The latest firmware is in the first post, and we have another test version we're kicking around we plan to post soon. If just using maps 1-3 no need to update it at the moment.

Burger Motorsports

(#1425)
Old

Car: 17’ BMW M240xi
Default 09-12-2018, 05:44 PM

Quote:
The latest firmware is in the first post, and we have another test version we're kicking around we plan to post soon. If just using maps 1-3 no need to update it at the moment.
Any chance this update will fix the issue some of have been having where the jb4 isn’t providing data? Been taking it easy on Map 1 until I can properly log and know the car is running properly, it’s killing me!