JB4tech.com - International Turbo Tuning Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: 335i
Default First logs after BEF - 12-25-2021, 01:49 PM

Signature current. Thanks.

Not sure if I did that right. Those logs should have a few rolls in 3rd gear from 3000 to redline.

Map 2 was used, not sure if that is best for my mods. I'd like to add about 30% E85 next and move to Map 7.

Meth and/or DP may be in the future.

It has fallen on it's face a couple times on Map 5 before the BEF and intake. Not sure what caused that. I think I have the logs, but I'll wait til it happens again with the new upgrades.

I've changed all of the plugs and ignitors in the last 100 miles.
Attached Files
File Type: csv P12_M2_R12_211225_1529.csv (86.0 KB, 65 views)

2013 BMW 335i F30 6MT PWG - JB4 - MHD - VRSF Charge pipe and Intercooler - BMS Intake

Last edited by scheib; 12-25-2021 at 03:08 PM.. Reason: More info
(#2)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-26-2021, 04:49 PM

Seems generally OK to me. I'd change FF to 100, raise boost safety to 20psi, and then evaluate map7 on E30. Fuel pump may not be able to keep up, we'll see.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#3)
Old

Default 12-26-2021, 05:52 PM

Thanks, Terry and thanks for the Christmas reply on the N55 forum. I was emailed that set of instructions by a BMS employee, maybe there was confusion on engine type. Anyway, thank for the suggestions.
Jay

2013 BMW 335i F30 6MT PWG - JB4 - MHD - VRSF Charge pipe and Intercooler - BMS Intake
(#4)
Old

Default E85 added - 12-28-2021, 08:52 PM

30% of fuel added during fill up was E85. I'm sure actual mix is much lower than E30. I was trying to siphon gas from the tank to measure E content, failed attempt. Any easy sampling point? Next fill up I guess I'll measure at the pump first.

Why am I not logging FP/L readings?

Thanks,
Jay
Attached Files
File Type: csv P12_M7_R6_211228_1544.csv (33.7 KB, 49 views)

(#5)
Old
Tuner

Car: 135i
Default 12-28-2021, 09:07 PM

Why not just install our flex fuel kit rather than guessing and trying to pull a sample from the tank? That doesn't work well as there is a flapper that can be an issue.

Log doesn't look too bad...I'd probably try another gallon or so of E85 to a full tank.

You don't have an LPFP sensor.

Click on our banner to visit our website!
Video of our Stage 2 LPFP upgrade installation.

BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways.
(#6)
Old

Car: 2014 435i
Default 12-28-2021, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scheib
30% of fuel added during fill up was E85. I'm sure actual mix is much lower than E30. I was trying to siphon gas from the tank to measure E content, failed attempt. Any easy sampling point? Next fill up I guess I'll measure at the pump first.

Why am I not logging FP/L readings?

Thanks,
Jay
Sample tank is a pain but can be done via lpfp w siphon hose connected to fuel line connector

2016 435i M-Sport EWG MPPK Manual 6, BMS Map 6 BEF-PS2-Race, Pure Stage 2 turbo, Spool-FX150 HPFP, Walbro 535 LPFP, BMS Intake, BMS FMIC, BMS BOV, 3.5 TMAP, ER DP, AA CP, FTP Turbo Inlet, H&R Sport Springs, BMW 335is clutch kit, BMS Clutch Stop, BMS Diff Bracket, BMS Wheel Spacers, BMW SSK, BMW Track Package
(#7)
Old

Default 12-29-2021, 10:27 AM

RVA,
Good idea, PITA for sure.

Steve,
Is there another parameter that is looked at to figure LPFP health?

Thanks,
Jay

(#8)
Old
Tuner

Car: 135i
Default 12-29-2021, 12:52 PM

Generally the FP_H will show if the fuel system is healthy, once that starts to dip then it's time to start upgrading.

Click on our banner to visit our website!
Video of our Stage 2 LPFP upgrade installation.

BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways.