JB4tech.com - International Turbo Tuning Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: 18' X2 F39 xdrive
Default F39 B48 EWG - 09-12-2021, 02:41 PM

Just picked up this X2 and my JB4 arrived over the weekend. Everything looks self explanatory except this EWG plug.. Any tips or recommendations for getting this on? I'm going for that first since it looks to be the most difficult.

Thanks in advance for your time guys!!
(#2)
Old

Car: bmw 440xi 2018
Default 09-13-2021, 09:32 AM

I don't have an X2, I originally did this on my 440. For me I had to remove the air intake and pull out the black bottom (it pops off) then the EWG cable was covered with some heat wrap. Don't try this unless the car has been off for at least 3-4 hours as that area is VERY hot.
(#3)
Old

Default UPDATE - 09-13-2021, 09:37 AM

If you go in from the passenger side wheel well you can see the electronic waste gate actuator without moving anything. I'll be taking the wheel off and the liner now.. ill update later.
(#4)
Old

Default 09-13-2021, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vektorprime
I don't have an X2, I originally did this on my 440. For me I had to remove the air intake and pull out the black bottom (it pops off) then the EWG cable was covered with some heat wrap. Don't try this unless the car has been off for at least 3-4 hours as that area is VERY hot.
Did you disconnect the battery or do the open the hood and move the keys away from the car for 20mins technique that was in the guide? (I have the comfort access so moving the keys away makes sense to me)
(#5)
Old

Car: bmw 440xi 2018
Default 09-13-2021, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theyboosting
Did you disconnect the battery or do the open the hood and move the keys away from the car for 20mins technique that was in the guide? (I have the comfort access so moving the keys away makes sense to me)
I disconnected the battery, for me it's in the trunk and very very easy and safe to do. It's safer than doing the key thing in my opinion because you know it's off. I've disconnected sensors while forgetting to disconnect the battery in past and it's caused them to short. Play it safe!
(#6)
Old

Default 09-13-2021, 03:26 PM

that's concerning.. considering that its listed as an installation method on the guide?
(#7)
Old

Default 09-13-2021, 03:58 PM

The first line of the guide for B48 states...

Before starting installation lock the doors, and place the key at least 20 feet away from the vehicle. Wait 10 minutes for the vehicle to go to sleep.
1) Remove the plastic engine cover.

I'll have to remove more of the cowl and spend a lot more time disconnecting the negative terminal of the battery, if its unnecessary id like to save those key strokes (IT joke)

I've emailed Aldo in regards to this issue and hopefully ill have a definitive answer soon enough.