JB4tech.com - International Turbo Tuning Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: 2021 Veloster N
Default Veloster N Log Check - 11-27-2021, 06:49 PM

So I just got a ******** installed a few days ago. Will that change much with regards to the tune? I have posted here my map 2 in the past and I was told it looked good. Here are a handful of logs with map 2 with the new ********. It was a fairly mild temperature day at about 45-55 degrees F.
Attached Files
File Type: csv P21_M2_R1_jb4dblog_211125_104357.csv (7.6 KB, 67 views)
File Type: csv P21_M2_R1_jb4dblog_211125_104504.csv (9.1 KB, 63 views)
File Type: csv P21_M2_R1_jb4dblog_211125_104933.csv (12.2 KB, 71 views)
(#2)
Old

Car: Evo VIII
Default 11-29-2021, 11:52 AM

Looks perfectly fine.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#3)
Old

Default 11-29-2021, 12:17 PM

Thanks for the reply. So what could be my next step for more power. Can I try map 3? I have access to some e85 to run a slight mix if needed. Can I do a few pulls with map 3 and repost to see how it goes?
(#4)
Old

Car: Evo VIII
Default 11-30-2021, 11:21 AM

Sure

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#5)
Old

Default 12-26-2021, 08:15 AM

Alright, I did a couple map 3 runs yesterday. It definitely pulled harder but on the second map 3 run, I think after going into 3rd gear, there was a hesitation on acceleration for about half a second. Maybe the logs can see what it was? I did 2 map 3 pulls and I did a map 2 pull after. Thanks!
Attached Files
File Type: csv P21_M3_R8_jb4dblog_211225_0627.csv (93.1 KB, 43 views)
(#6)
Old

Car: 2021 Veloster N (MT)
Default 12-26-2021, 10:16 AM

Running E85 on a Veloster N will greatly shorten the life of the engine seals over time and will cause a loss of warranty. Such damage can happen in as little as 35K or less which is not uncommon. Running anything beyond 15% ethanol blend, is a big no with the dealership and they have "Fuel Composition Testers" and regularly utilize them. There is tons of information regarding the use of e30 and e85. Most simply stated, "DON"T DO IT!.