JB4tech.com - International Turbo Tuning Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: 2011 BMW 550i
Default New JB4 Install 2011 550i - 06-14-2022, 09:36 PM

So I installed the JB4 a week ago with my cousin. I noticed there was a newer Firmware available when I was poking around in the App, but didn't install it as I was out of town and didn't want to cause any problems. Car ran fine in Map 1, but in Map 2 it was pinging and detonating and even blew some smoke out the tailpipes at WOT (didn't throw any CEL though which I thought was curious). I figured it was just too much for the stock car and I went with Map 1 for the meantime.

I just installed the Newer Firmware earlier today and holy smokes... Runs like a beast on Map 2 and no more ping and detonation. Guess I should have opened with the Firmware update!

Anyway, I'm wondering if there is a post or link somewhere with an explanation of how to use all the features of the JB4? Like what each of the parameters does and what it does when you change them? I'm assuming that tuners would all be familiar with this, but I'm a total noobie when it comes to digital tuning. The only other car I tweaked was my 1987 Buick Grand National, but that was pretty much all mechanical. That sucker ran too!

Thanks for any insights and help in advance.
MJL550i
(#2)
Old

Car: 2011 BMW 550i
Default 06-16-2022, 02:04 AM

Is there any support here in the forums? Thought I'd get at least a reply or two?

Is it better just to log runs and submit them to Burger to fine tune things?

As an update; I filled the car up with an E30 mix today and it ran strong... Looks like my boost is a little low on Map 2, but I'm not too worried about it as the butt dyno says she's doing just fine...

Should I go ahead and submit some logs to see how the tune is working? From what I saw on the app, looked like I was getting around 13-14 PSI, but that seems low for +6 PSI on Map 2... Comments?

EDIT: Also wanted to note that the Car has had no CEL or anything since I installed the JB4... Something was definitely off with the "factory" Firmware (ran hard but with knock and smoke w/o any CEL), she ran fine today (current Firmware) with multiple WOT around town. (Gets kinda scary from stop lights when you look down after launch and already at 80 MPH on surface streets ;-p)

Last edited by mjl550i; 06-16-2022 at 02:24 AM..
(#3)
Old
Anti-Social

Car: 2022 X3 M40i
Default 06-16-2022, 06:08 PM

Just post logs. Thats how they fine tune. 4th gear, 2000rpm-redline if you can.

Mike Levy
2022 Black Sapphire X3 M40i
2010 Glacier Pearl Nissan Murano SL