JB4tech.com - International Turbo Tuning Discussion
(#301)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-26-2022, 02:13 PM

Looks like our F90 intake fits the M550!
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#302)
Old

Car: Bmw m550i
Default 03-26-2022, 02:38 PM

Interesting, have been thinking most m5 intakes would fit.
(#303)
Old
Anti-Social

Car: 2022 X3 M40i
Default 03-26-2022, 05:10 PM

Yikes. I didnít realize my engine bay looked that ratty. Gonna have to have the detailer clean it next time he comes.

But yeah, they fit. Smoothed out the grittiness on mid-rpm no downshift pulls too. Definitely recommended. Once I swap my mirror covers back to stock to get rid of the wind whistle, Iíll post a vid.

Mike Levy
2022 Black Sapphire X3 M40i
2010 Glacier Pearl Nissan Murano SL
(#304)
Old

Car: 340ix
Default 03-27-2022, 02:35 PM

Do map 3-5 work without ewg wires
(#305)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-28-2022, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antec800
Do map 3-5 work without ewg wires
Yes the absolute target maps can be used without EWG wires.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#306)
Old

Default 03-29-2022, 01:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boosted_8
Couple of us 523hp m550i jb4 users are noticing that with launch control, 4th gear short shifts when you are running a quarter mile sprint. Problem doesn't occur in map 0. It loses quite a lot of time from the run and it pretty annoying! Is anyone else here aware of this as well?
Noticed the same issues doing runs tonight on map 2? Any solution?
(#307)
Old

Car: 2022 BMW X7 M50i
Default 04-10-2022, 09:03 AM

Any update on if/when we’ll be able to use the JB4 EWG on an N63? I have a 2022 X7 M50i - are special adapters required for EWG connectors (inverted)? Thanks.
(#308)
Old
Anti-Social

Default 04-10-2022, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tartan43
Any update on if/when we’ll be able to use the JB4 EWG on an N63? I have a 2022 X7 M50i - are special adapters required for EWG connectors (inverted)? Thanks.
Yes, the adapters are needed on all N63B (523hp) engines. Adding support isn't going to help much. We're more limited by octane than anything else with these motors. We already lose a ton of timing on Map 2 and see upwards of 25psi boost. More boost isn't going to make more power, its going to cut timing even further or grenade the motor.

Mike Levy
(#309)
Old

Car: G05 X5 50i
Default 04-13-2022, 09:07 PM

Hey, semi new to all of this...
I was told that i need to do logging on Map 1, send them in before going to Map 2...

Can someone advise under which conditions should Map 1 logs be recorded? Will it need regular, calm, daily driving on Map 1 or more aggressive peddal to the metal in sport plus S mode? How long do I have to log for to get a clear picture if I am good to move forward? Whom do I send the Map 1 logs to?
(#310)
Old
Anti-Social

Default 04-13-2022, 09:48 PM

WOT, 4th gear, 2500-6000rpm is what they told me. I’ve yet to find a road where I can go WoT in 4th, which gets to like 130mph in these cars.

Mike Levy
(#311)
Old

Car: 2022 BMW X7 M50i
Default 04-14-2022, 05:56 AM

New to all of this as well. Can you log this info (and more) on a dyno? Why won’t BMS borrow a G07 M50i and throw it on a dyno?
(#312)
Old

Car: 2011 135i
Default 04-18-2022, 06:29 PM

What is going on with CanBus integration on G05 M50i to control exhaust flaps? Any future integration? I pulled the fuse for now but controlling them would be nice from the steering wheel or even the app. And will the F90 intakes fit? Also are we maxed out running 93 oct? Will E30 even do anything? Saw a post above that we make boost but timing is holding us back. Only way to fix that is flash like BM? Any progress on unlocking the DME?

2022 G05 M50i. Tanz on white/NB Merino, Gray ash, Exec, Dyn hand, Drive Asst Pro, Park Assist, heated front/wheel/arm, leather DB, Alcantara HL, Ext shadowline, hitch, and TouchScreen! Semi-Covid build.. JB4, 21" Vossen HF-5 in Satin bronze, ALP laser system, Focal K2 full replacement, Earthquake underseat subs, Match10 DSP/AMP

2011 135i Convert M Sport, DCT, JB3 S2, Meth, AR 4" DP, AFE scoops, BMS N55 Air Intake, ER charge pipe. 12.41 @ 113.
(#313)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-18-2022, 07:49 PM

We still don't have the commands for CANflap.

On E30 vs 93 you'd have to log and evaluate as it can vary by car. Generally E30 is well tolerated and boosts power substantially.

Intake M550 only.

Burger Motorsports

(#314)
Old
Anti-Social

Default 04-19-2022, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
We still don't have the commands for CANflap. But the F90 intake fits so good news there!

On E30 vs 93 you'd have to log and evaluate as it can vary by car. Generally E30 is well tolerated and boosts power substantially.

You had somebody test the F90 intakes on the X5 too? Because he has a G05, not a G30 LCI.

Mike Levy
(#315)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-20-2022, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_L
You had somebody test the F90 intakes on the X5 too? Because he has a G05, not a G30 LCI.
Oh didn't read closely enough, they don't fit the X5. Only the M550.

Burger Motorsports

(#316)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-26-2022, 09:10 AM

Was able to get a M550 on the dyno yesterday for a little EWG testing. The good news is we sorted out the connectors. It's pretty easy to "convert" the EWG connection by repinning on a replacement connector.

The bad news, we didn't see any real performance gains with EWG on the platform. Fueling was the limiting factor so unless you're running WMI there isn't going to be much EWG benefit.

Baseline was done on 91 octane, and then map2 without EWG, on 91 and also E20+91 (around 93 octane), for comparison.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

(#317)
Old
Anti-Social

Default 04-26-2022, 10:43 AM

Did you get a MAP1 dyno run in? Seeing about 50hp and 130ft/lbs on 91 and near 70hp but less torque on the E20 with Map 2, I gotta believe the E20 run would have been better on MAP 1, at least for the torque.

Mike Levy
(#318)
Old

Default 04-26-2022, 11:28 AM

Results on this car are quite disappointing, unfortunately it’s going to be years before someone spends time to crack the dme
(#319)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-26-2022, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_L
Did you get a MAP1 dyno run in? Seeing about 50hp and 130ft/lbs on 91 and near 70hp but less torque on the E20 with Map 2, I gotta believe the E20 run would have been better on MAP 1, at least for the torque.
The peak torque numbers are bit misleading as we found you can influence that based on how aggressively you floor the car to start the run. The area under the curves tells the story. Map2 was nice, map2 with E20 (93 equivalent) even better.

We only did one map1 run, it was around 520whp with 91.

With WMI and then EWG added I'm sure there is another 50whp in the car...

Burger Motorsports

(#320)
Old
Anti-Social

Default 04-26-2022, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Results on this car are quite disappointing, unfortunately it’s going to be years before someone spends time to crack the dme
I don’t think cracking the DME will mean much if we’re fuel limited.

Do you have the EWG plugs available yet Terry? I gotta start my tear down since the G01 started production, so I’m thinking I’ll sell the JB4 and Intakes together. Since the intakes only fit the 20+, it’ll be an N63B which has the upside down connectors. I may as well change them before it goes to the new owner so I know it’ll be done properly.

Mike Levy

Last edited by Mike_L; 04-26-2022 at 03:09 PM..
(#321)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-26-2022, 03:15 PM

The fuel limit we're fighting on the JB4 end is with fuel trims. So flashing the ECU would certainly help. As would adding external fuel like WMI or CPI. I don't know where the fuel pressure limit is yet but I'm sure that's well above 600whp.

On the required connectors yes we have them, email me your address and we can send a pair out. Payam is going to make a video on how to attach them to the JB4 harness.

Burger Motorsports

(#322)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-26-2022, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antec800
Results on this car are quite disappointing, unfortunately itís going to be years before someone spends time to crack the dme
~60whp and ~120wtq on ~93 octane is a pretty solid improvement if you ask me.

Burger Motorsports

(#323)
Old

Car: Bmw m550i
Default 04-26-2022, 04:28 PM

Looks like some good numbers.
(#324)
Old

Car: 2021 M550
Default 04-30-2022, 11:36 PM

What were the mods done on the 21 M550 that was dynoed. I have the same car with DP, CAI, Dinan midpipes and trying to gauge what i can expect since I'm tired of waiting for the DME crack local to the states. (not sending my DME overseas to be cracked)
(#325)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-01-2022, 07:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwhit122
What were the mods done on the 21 M550 that was dynoed. I have the same car with DP, CAI, Dinan midpipes and trying to gauge what i can expect since I'm tired of waiting for the DME crack local to the states. (not sending my DME overseas to be cracked)
No mods on it... I'd expect similar power, not sure the mods do much. Maybe 10-15hp more?

Burger Motorsports