N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: SEAT Leon Cupra 290 (2016)
Default New VW Connect plug in MY2018 models - 05-13-2018, 11:38 PM

In Europe MY 2018 models get a new version of VW Connect, now its no longer a OBD-plug, its integrated and the OBD port is free said the dealer. Truth is that the device is still OBD but now its hidden and connected the the original OBD port with an Y-connector. That does leave the OBD port free to install your JB4, but they do not co-exist very well.

The unit also monitors a lot of data that could be a problem if you come in with a warranty claim, VW will be able to tell if the car was tuned or not.

I have removed mine, its located in the left side of the dashboard behind the cover. Its mounted with a strip and a Y-spliter cable, remove it and put the original OBD plug back in the slot.

My car runs so much better without it.
(#2)
Old

Car: E90 BMW 335i AT
Default 05-14-2018, 06:19 AM

Hi,

The DATA is not a issue. The ECU stores far more data than the Connect plug device and this hasnt caused any issues.

Typically anything else plugged into the OBD port slows down data transfer to much which confirms your findings.

2014 VW Golf 7 R
2014 VW Golf GTI
2019 Porsche Cayenne Turbo
(#3)
Old

Car: SEAT Leon Cupra 290 (2016)
Default 05-14-2018, 07:53 AM

You probably know a lot more about My Connect, but with the recent software updates there is a lot going on, like fuel stats, accelleration time, boost pressure, GPS coords, even how much time you spend near redline.
(#4)
Old

Car: E90 BMW 335i AT
Default 05-14-2018, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY-HoRsE
You probably know a lot more about My Connect, but with the recent software updates there is a lot going on, like fuel stats, accelleration time, boost pressure, GPS coords, even how much time you spend near redline.
In terms of engine parameters they will read stock including boost pressure. Not sure though if anyone wants a spy in the car that does all that.

2014 VW Golf 7 R
2014 VW Golf GTI
2019 Porsche Cayenne Turbo