N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: BMW 335xi
Default Survey for JB4 Mobile Users - 02-05-2020, 05:16 PM

We at DMD are starting a survey for our customers who have installed and used the JB4 Mobile app.

• What areas in the JB4 Mobile App would you like to see improved?
What suggestions do you have to accomplish this?

• What items are confusing and need clarification?
(#2)
Old

Car: 2019 Mini Cooper S
Default 02-06-2020, 07:20 AM

Here are the things I would like:

- An absolute timestamp in the logs. Taken from the mobile device, OBDII data or whatever. MM/DD/YY:HH:mm:ss:ms or whatever. Having a timestamp like this would help use the logs for track day apps like RaceRender, etc. The relative timestamp that is currently there seems too arbitrary to be useful.

- GPS data in the logs. This would also be useful for track day stuff.

- Other OBDII data logging, specifically calculated torque/hp values. However, other information would be good, too. Possibly showing the PID's and letting us choose and save them in a "profile" or some such.

- Easier updating of the firmware/software. i.e. The app should be able to automatically check what exists and be able to compare it to the newest, then prompt the user to update.

Last edited by davidpinaz; 02-06-2020 at 07:24 AM.. Reason: Added a thing
(#3)
Old

Car: M5
Default 02-06-2020, 10:56 AM

I would like to be able to change in the app:
'3 LED MAX brightness mode. For those with factory LED headlights this option brightens HALO during nighttime operation. (OFF tach = 0, ON tach = 1000)

Tue
(#4)
Old
Anti-Social

Car: 2017 X3 xDrive35i
Default 02-06-2020, 01:58 PM

I'd definitely like to see more PIDs be loggable. Speed, Boost (in psi), knock, etc.. Being able to control the exhaust flap would be nice too.

Mike Levy
2021 M550i - July build, waiting for dealer allocation
2017 X3 xDrive35i
2000 Kenne Bell F150 Lightning - FOR SALE
2018 Equinox LT 2.0T
(#5)
Old

Car: 328 n20
Default 02-08-2020, 01:33 PM

would be nice to enable/disable asd, boost gauge etc in the app
(#6)
Old

Car: 2018 Porsche Cayman S
Default 02-09-2020, 07:01 AM

Confusing and need clarification:
-what all the options bits do on each platform/firmware?
-what, exactly, the TMAP setting does (was previously labeled "N20Map"?
-should we set any of the WMI/E85 settings in the app if we're running an E85/93 Octane mix?

And I'll probably think of more when I get the car out today....
(#7)
Old

Car: 2018 Porsche Cayman S
Default 02-09-2020, 07:03 AM

Oh, and, make code reading work properly on the Porsche 718 platform!
(#8)
Old

Car: 2019 STINGER GT2
Default 02-14-2020, 12:32 PM

More gauge themes!
(#9)
Old
Legend

Car: E90 BMW 335i AT
Default 02-17-2020, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowmunky
Oh, and, make code reading work properly on the Porsche 718 platform!
If you got some codes can you email them to george@burgertuning.com. They should be similar to the VAG cars so possibly on a future update most translations will be there.

2014 VW Golf 7 R
2014 VW Golf GTI
2019 Porsche Cayenne Turbo
(#10)
Old

Car: 2019 Infiniti Q60 RS 400
Default 02-18-2020, 01:48 PM

iPhone X compatibility appears to be lacking: Pages (e.g. firmware update) are not scaled, the only way to get back to the main menu is to exit and reload the app, etc.

It could be user error, of course

Gary
(#11)
Old

Car: '12 135i
Default 02-27-2020, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by art @ DMD
We at DMD are starting a survey for our customers who have installed and used the JB4 Mobile app.

• What areas in the JB4 Mobile App would you like to see improved?
What suggestions do you have to accomplish this?

• What items are confusing and need clarification?
I've been using the Mobile app for as long as I've had the JB4, which is almost 5 years now and while I like the app have the following suggestions:

1. Move or remove the "Disconnect" button, it's right next to the button to start logging. That has been times when I see an opportunity to log something, and while I know the app will start logging with a certain amount of pedal, sometimes I like to see "things" before a pull. I'll hit the button to start logging, do whatever it is I wanted to log then go to hit the button to stop logging only to realize I disconnected rather than started the logging. Rarely have I ever actually needed to use the disconnect button.

2. It would be nice if the ambient air temps could be added to the log, to compare to the IAT temps.

3. A meaningful "timestamp" in the log would also be helpful. Sometimes it's nice to see actual times it took during a pull, to help see if a change made a difference. I'm not asking to reinvent an app like Draggy, but some kind of reference would be nice so I don't need two Android devices "recording" at the same time.

4. Maybe when using map 6 have the boost targets displays in a similar way that the duty bias is, would help when referencing multiple logs.

5. Being able to save the user settings to a file that can be reloaded would be great. I use map 6. it would be nice to have a configuration for daily driving, auto-cross racing, letting my daughter or wife drive my car, etc.

All in all I love the app and have it running every time I'm in my car. My phone screen has the gauges burned on it to prove it, lol.

Jim
'12 135i DCT N55 : FBO : PS2 : JB4 : MHD BEF

Last edited by jpuehl; 03-06-2020 at 08:49 AM..
(#12)
Old

Car: VW Alltrack
Default 02-28-2020, 02:48 PM

I would love to see:
1. Another page for guages.
2. A gauge that can display the highest knock correction value across all cylinders. (to monitor if there is any knock across any cylinder). If that can be done, maybe the gauge background can change color based on ranges the user sets? Maybe green for a little bit of normal correction, yellow and red? The user should be able to set the value. Normal background would be no correction at all.
(#13)
Old

Car: 335i
Default 03-06-2020, 07:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpuehl

3. A meaningful "timestamp" in the log would also be helpful. Sometimes it's nice to see actual times it took during a pull, to help see if a change made a difference. I'm not asking to reinvent an app like Draggy, but some kind of reference would be nice so I don't need to Android devices "recording" at the same time.
This would also be helpful for matching up any DME faults or errors recorded with the exact moment in the logs where the fault happened. Would help with examining logs

Engine/Drivetrain Modifications:
Trebila tune, xHP stg3, BMS OCC, BMS DCI, VSRF ceramic 3", ER Charge Pipe w/ Forge DVs, AMS Intercooler, Fuel-It Stg3+ LPFP, Pheonix Intake W/ PI, MMPe 1k's

Suspension:
Front & Rear 1M/M3 control arms & Subframe Bushings, MFactory YCW coils w/ Swift Springs

Exhaust:
Berk Street Performance Axle-back w/ straight Midpipes
(#14)
Old

Car: 2019 Q50 Luxe
Default 03-06-2020, 12:11 PM

More than 6 gauges on the interface

More gauge themes

User profiles.. I have different Map6 and Bit settings based on the scenario.. would be nice to be able to switch a profile and have all of those settings loaded rather than going thru each setting to update it then potentially switch it all back

2019 Q50 Luxe RWD *JB4 with Fuel Wires*BMS Intakes*AMS Downers*Frozen Boost 101*Megan Y Pipe*ADD W1 Oil Catch Can*HKS BOVs*
423 whp, 450 tq at 16.8psi with E30/JB4/FW/Intakes
12.64 @113mph
0-60 4.46

Last edited by Serstylz2; 03-07-2020 at 03:56 PM..
(#15)
Old

Car: 2016 Audi S3
Default 03-07-2020, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serstylz2
More than 6 gauges on the interface

More gauge themes

Seconded, more gauge themes. Something that looks simple but sleek. Some might prefer a more OEM look as opposed to digitized (bars) or video game looking (standard/preselected, multicolored blue and yellow gauge).

If something more refined looking isn’t feasible, I’d say going with the “less is
More” approach I’m terms of design would be something most people would like. Black background. White gauges. Red tach. Thin font.

Could just be me having lame aesthetic preferences though! Just my two cents. Thanks for all the work you do.

Cheers
(#16)
Old

Car: 2019 Stinger GT
Default 03-10-2020, 02:45 PM

1. More gauge themes.
2. Rather than more gauges on one screen I would like the option to have different gauge profiles or gauge "pages".
3. Oil Temp if at all possible
(#17)
Old

Car: 2018 Civic Si
Default 03-26-2020, 09:29 AM

More space for gauges/re-sizable gauges.

Add the gauge themes to the Android version that are present in iOS version.

Mishimoto intake, resonator delete, Vibrant 1040 muffler, JB4 tuner, Firehawk Indy 500 rubber, Lamin-X fog light covers, Xentec 35w 6000k HIDs, custom d20 shift knob, 20% tint, red "H" badges.