N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#651)
Old

Car: Fk2 Civic Type R
Default 02-17-2021, 02:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Just ensuring there are no issues. We don't expect any.
I updated my JB4 this morning when i got back from the nursery run but not had a chance to test it on a drive. No issues with car starting or codes etc, that's about all i can report so far.

Honda Fk2 Civic Type R | JB4 | Injen Air Intake | Scorpion Exhaust | Shadow Chrome Rota PWR's
(#652)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-18-2021, 04:32 PM

I'll take it lol

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#653)
Old

Default 02-22-2021, 02:07 AM

Quote:
I'll take it lol
I had a quick blast today and everything seems ok from what I can see. The car feels smoother but not sure if that is just a placebo effect. I'll grab a log later and see how everything looks.

Honda Fk2 Civic Type R | JB4 | Injen Air Intake | Scorpion Exhaust | Shadow Chrome Rota PWR's
(#654)
Old

Car: honda accord 2.0T
Default 03-02-2021, 10:37 PM

Hey terry any way you could help me, just bought a jb4 for my Honda Accord 2.0t and did a few pulls got a log of map 2 would like to know if everything is fine.
Attached Files
File Type: csv P90_M2_R2_210303_0007.csv (37.6 KB, 86 views)

Last edited by johndoe9309; 03-03-2021 at 03:17 PM..
(#655)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-07-2021, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johndoe9309
Hey terry any way you could help me, just bought a jb4 for my Honda Accord 2.0t and did a few pulls got a log of map 2 would like to know if everything is fine.
Sorry for late reply! Looks solid to me. boost, timing, AFR all solid. Knock count low.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#656)
Old

Default 03-07-2021, 02:12 PM

Thanks terry, another question sometime after i turn the car off and back on sometimes not all it’ll kick me back to map 0 i doesn’t happen often but when it does nothing seems wrong. What can be the cause of that?
(#657)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-07-2021, 09:29 PM

We'll want to see what last safety is. You have a 2 in there now indicating lean run but the AFR in your logs looks great.

Burger Motorsports

(#658)
Old

Default 03-07-2021, 10:04 PM

Yea the last safety was 2 but it only goes back to map 0 when i turn the car back on not during a run so idk why it does that.
As a side note I’m curious in the app it says options and shows bits0-7 what are they for not all say what the options are for.

Last edited by johndoe9309; 03-07-2021 at 10:14 PM..
(#659)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-08-2021, 11:20 AM

Is it really going back to map0 or just a bug in the app? Next time don't change maps, floor it, and see what map you're on.

I'll add a last safety reset next firmware update. On the options bits if we didn't document them in there they are for diagnostic purposes only. First post has descriptions.

Burger Motorsports

(#660)
Old

Default 03-08-2021, 11:35 AM

Honestly i think maybe a hiccup but wanted to talk to you before i accepted that. Thanks a lot terry you’re the best.
(#661)
Old

Car: 2011 335i xDrive Coupe
Default 04-08-2021, 07:10 PM

Can anyone who has put his car on dyno before please post your graphs? It'd be helpful to provide which map it was done on, and the type of dyno method.

Reason I am asking is that I've come to see this horrible dyno graph posted by a FK8 owner, in which the first 2 runs were on Map0 and the 3rd run was on Map2. I just wan to see other dyno graphs to confirm it's not JB4 issue. But with this choppy graph, wouldn't it have created codes in the system?

Last edited by EnjoyDriving; 04-09-2021 at 08:43 AM..
(#662)
Old

Car: 2019 Accord Sport 1.5
Default 05-16-2021, 02:39 PM

Terry, would you look at these two logs when you can? New 2.0 Accord, first fill with 93 but I think I知 hearing pinging, heard it in both logs and both have diff ign numbers, I知 kind of baffled but then again I知 not 100% sure what to look for. Thanks man
Attached Files
File Type: csv P90_M1_R1_210516_165832.csv (10.0 KB, 35 views)
File Type: csv P90_M1_R2_210516_1645.csv (20.2 KB, 39 views)
(#663)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-16-2021, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ModularHonda
Terry, would you look at these two logs when you can? New 2.0 Accord, first fill with 93 but I think I知 hearing pinging, heard it in both logs and both have diff ign numbers, I知 kind of baffled but then again I知 not 100% sure what to look for. Thanks man
Knock count is low so whatever you're hearing isn't likely pinging. No problems stand out here.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

(#664)
Old

Car: 2019 Accord Sport 1.5
Thumbs up 05-17-2021, 04:22 AM

Quote:
Knock count is low so whatever you're hearing isn't likely pinging. No problems stand out here.
Thank you! I値l log Map 2 and see how that goes. Appreciate your evaluations!
(#665)
Old

Car: 2021 Civic Sport Hatchback 6MT
Default Chris - 06-01-2021, 11:46 AM

I just installed the JB4 W Bluetooth Adapter and The BMS Intake with Race MAF on my 2021 Civic Hatchback Sport 6MT yesterday and ran a log on Map 1. I'm just curious how it looks and if I can safely move on to Map 2. Running 93 Octane Fuel. Looking forward to hearing back! Loving the products so far.
Attached Files
File Type: csv P92-M1-R1-210601-1011.csv (272.7 KB, 30 views)
(#666)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-01-2021, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMOCHR
I just installed the JB4 W Bluetooth Adapter and The BMS Intake with Race MAF on my 2021 Civic Hatchback Sport 6MT yesterday and ran a log on Map 1. I'm just curious how it looks and if I can safely move on to Map 2. Running 93 Octane Fuel. Looking forward to hearing back! Loving the products so far.
You have platform 92 loaded which is for TypeR, load platform 90, and relog!

Burger Motorsports

(#667)
Old

Car: 2021 Civic Sport Hatchback 6MT
Default 06-02-2021, 09:45 AM

Quote:
You have platform 92 loaded which is for TypeR, load platform 90, and relog!

Awesome, Thanks Terry! I just updated my firmware and set it to Civic 1.5L. I noticed something was up when my app wasn't displaying the information on the gauges. Now everything appears to work perfectly. I'll attach a new log on platform 90. Thanks again!
Attached Files
File Type: csv P90-M1-R2-210601-2022.csv (335.8 KB, 25 views)
(#668)
Old
Tuner

Car: 135i
Default 06-03-2021, 10:15 AM

Those are extremely short pulls...

For proper review and the JB4 to adapt, please do logs in 3rd or 4th gear from 2K rpms to redline at wide open throttle.

Click on our banner to visit our website!
Video of our Stage 2 LPFP upgrade installation.

BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways.
(#669)
Old

Car: 335I
Default 07-17-2021, 05:16 PM

Will you be making a JB4 for Acura TLX TYPE S??
(#670)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-18-2021, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiaobaby
Will you be making a JB4 for Acura TLX TYPE S??
Yes! Just need someone with one to swing by the office for a few hours for a free JB4 and dyno testing.

Burger Motorsports

(#671)
Old

Car: 2011 335i xDrive Coupe
Default 07-19-2021, 11:41 AM

Haven't seen any update on JB4 on TypeR, anyone still using it or is it still getting updates and improvement? I got my JB4 on my 2018 TypeR 2 years ago, and it's been running great, and I wonder if there is any update I missed and how's everyone else is running it?
(#672)
Old

Default 07-24-2021, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnjoyDriving
Haven't seen any update on JB4 on TypeR, anyone still using it or is it still getting updates and improvement? I got my JB4 on my 2018 TypeR 2 years ago, and it's been running great, and I wonder if there is any update I missed and how's everyone else is running it?
Hi, still running mine in the UK on an FK2 Type R ( same engine as the FK8). It hasn't missed beat in a year and although I have been tempted to get a full remap a couple of times I do like the JB4.
I've been running the beta firmware ever since it came out months ago and no issues but also no further updates. I was hoping for more CANbus channels to be exposed etc but alas nothing else has happened.

(#673)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-25-2021, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnjoyDriving
We have tons out and they have all been running great. There hasn't been much more to do on the firmware end as fuel pressure is the limiting factor on the platform.

Burger Motorsports