N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old
Tuner

Default Updated JB4 E85 Dyno Results 8-29-18 - 08-29-2018, 03:34 PM

Hey guys,

Had a chance to get Payam's development M4 back on the dyno for a little E85 tuning. Pleased with the results of ~580whp, 630wtq.

Test car is a 2015 M4 manual trans w/ 77k miles on the clock

JB4 map7
MHD E85 BEF
BMS v1 chargepipes
Phoenix S55 Intake
ACF Midpipe (really nice sounding high flowing setup, coming out soon for $599)
BMS OCC
Straight E85

Played around with a few different ignition and fuel curves while on the dyno, there are a couple more changes I want to make before publishing the latest round of JB4 and MHD BEF E85 maps. But overall pleased with the result considering the factory emissions in place. Worth noting we purposely took a lot out of the low end to give the tires a chance at full boost. You could easily make 700wtq+ with this setup if you wanted.

Also took a run on the latest JB4 VALET map which runs ~8psi less than stock. In this case, 8psi less than the BEF map was commanding. I'll make some adjustments to get its boost even lower ASAP

Expect to see new E85 maps posted soon!
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#2)
Old

Car: '11 E90 335i
Default 08-29-2018, 04:51 PM

Well done, Terry!

2017 M3 ZCP
(#3)
Old

Car: 335i
Default 08-29-2018, 05:09 PM

Can’t wait to test out the new E85 map!
(#4)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-29-2018, 07:02 PM

Video of one of the runs:

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#5)
Old

Default 08-29-2018, 08:19 PM

Will the new flash require you to change other settings like duct cycle, etc? Sounds great.

Also what map on the JB4 are you guys running? It looks like a ramping boost target... is it a custom map 6?

Last edited by corbs09; 08-29-2018 at 08:25 PM..
(#6)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-29-2018, 09:09 PM

Using map7, which is a little different than the current map7 but not that different. It will be in the next firmware update. Working on a range of things for you guys! You'll be happy.

Will post any suggested setting changes once we post the maps!

Burger Motorsports

(#7)
Old
BMS Customer Service

Car: bmw 335i
Default 08-30-2018, 08:45 AM

I remember when I made 530 wheel and was super happy!
This car is a beast!

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, and S63s!

(#8)
Old

Car: E92 M3
Default 08-30-2018, 12:16 PM

Great work T!

16 F82 M4 ZCP - DCT - JB4 - Meth - 1/2 Mile 161MPH
08 E92 M3 - DCT - Built Motor - ESS VT3-750 SC
710 WHP/495 WTQ STD CF @ 14.4psi
6.1s 60-130MPH (Drag Strip)
174.12 MPH Shift-S3ctor Standing 1/2 Mile - E9X WR
(#9)
Old

Car: 2015 M4
Default 09-01-2018, 11:43 AM

No colder plugs necessary?
(#10)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-01-2018, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jc15f82m4
No colder plugs necessary?
Factory S55 plugs are OK which are the equivalent of the "2 step colder" NGKs we have on our site. But you do need to regap them down to 0.018-0.022" or will get misfires at high boost levels.

Burger Motorsports

(#11)
Old

Default 09-01-2018, 09:35 PM

Any way you could update the sport displays to show more power? I would happily send a PayPal donation. I asked MHD and they said it was done within the flash itself.
(#12)
Old

Car: M4
Default 09-02-2018, 05:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Hey guys,

Had a chance to get Payam's development M4 back on the dyno for a little E85 tuning. Pleased with the results of ~580whp, 630wtq.

Test car is a 2015 M4 manual trans w/ 77k miles on the clock

JB4 map7
MHD E85 BEF
BMS v1 chargepipes
Phoenix S55 Intake
ACF Midpipe (really nice sounding high flowing setup, coming out soon for $599)
BMS OCC
Straight E85

Played around with a few different ignition and fuel curves while on the dyno, there are a couple more changes I want to make before publishing the latest round of JB4 and MHD BEF E85 maps. But overall pleased with the result considering the factory emissions in place. Worth noting we purposely took a lot out of the low end to give the tires a chance at full boost. You could easily make 700wtq+ with this setup if you wanted.

Also took a run on the latest JB4 VALET map which runs ~8psi less than stock. In this case, 8psi less than the BEF map was commanding. I'll make some adjustments to get its boost even lower ASAP

Expect to see new E85 maps posted soon!

Terry, can you possibly post the logs from this run or anything showing where the a/f and timing and boost etc is at ?

2019 M4 CP, jb4, MHD BEF, intake, down pipe, e85, BMS Meth kit, Trebila tuned
(#13)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-02-2018, 10:51 AM

Log is in the first post!

Since this run I've been working with a few aggressively minded customers via email, and gotten 2 of them to 6s 60-130 stock turbo, running a more aggressive timing curve.

I'll be posting revised BEF maps early next week. There will be the same E85 BEF that is relatively traditional (e.g. 13:1 AFR, 11-12 degrees advance up top), and a more aggressive E85_IGN BEF that is relatively stronger (e.g. 14:1 AFR, 15-16 degrees advance up top), with the later being comparable to what some of our flash only friends are running with their aggressive maps. The difference being of course JB4 customers can switch to a lower boost/safer profile on the fly for normal operation and only kick up to the kill maps on the fly without reflashing the car when needed.

Burger Motorsports

(#14)
Old

Car: 335i coupe N54
Default 09-03-2018, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Log is in the first post!

Since this run I've been working with a few aggressively minded customers via email, and gotten 2 of them to 6s 60-130 stock turbo, running a more aggressive timing curve.

I'll be posting revised BEF maps early next week. There will be the same E85 BEF that is relatively traditional (e.g. 13:1 AFR, 11-12 degrees advance up top), and a more aggressive E85_IGN BEF that is relatively stronger (e.g. 14:1 AFR, 15-16 degrees advance up top), with the later being comparable to what some of our flash only friends are running with their aggressive maps. The difference being of course JB4 customers can switch to a lower boost/safer profile on the fly for normal operation and only kick up to the kill maps on the fly without reflashing the car when needed.
Terry, will they work with E70? Coz in Oz, the hpfp cant handle 100% e85.

2009 N54 335i coupe, 6AT PD trans, Stage 3 XHP, Built Motor, 9.6:1 Comp Ratio, Ported Head, Trebilia Custom Flash, JB4, Mhd flasher, Ngk 97506 0.018” gapped, PI Kit 100% E85, Jb4 PI integration, Stage 2 Pure Turbos 25.6psi, 17.2 deg timing, TFT inlets, Stage 3 Fuel-it Fpr, FBO, 431rwkw Mainline Dyno Aus

2016 M4 Competition Pack, 7-sp DCT, Jb4 Map 6
25.0 psi, s55 ign e85 Bef, E70, M4 plugs gapped 0.020”, stock everything else, 374.9 rwkw Mainline Dyno Aus
(#15)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-03-2018, 08:58 PM

E70, no problem. It's easier to tune for than E85 due to the fuel pressure issues. What we're doing is setting up the E85_IGN map for either mixture, and then we'll have map5 which peaks at 24psi for those who run 100% E85 but can't maintain fuel pressure. And map7 for those who either run E70 or whose pumps can maintain full pressure.

Burger Motorsports

(#16)
Old

Default 09-03-2018, 10:38 PM

Quote:
E70, no problem. It's easier to tune for than E85 due to the fuel pressure issues. What we're doing is setting up the E85_IGN map for either mixture, and then we'll have map5 which peaks at 24psi for those who run 100% E85 but can't maintain fuel pressure. And map7 for those who either run E70 or whose pumps can maintain full pressure.
Great 👍. My car is fully stock even down to air intake and it regularly pulls 550 whp on the dyno at 25psi at 9 deg timing pretty much what u tested the original E85 flash at. And I can’t do full throttle in 3rd most times without losing the rear end unless I have a full tank of fuel lol. Torque is insane at low rpms. Cant wait till Bmw go awd with the M3/M4 like they have done with the M5!

2009 N54 335i coupe, 6AT PD trans, Stage 3 XHP, Built Motor, 9.6:1 Comp Ratio, Ported Head, Trebilia Custom Flash, JB4, Mhd flasher, Ngk 97506 0.018” gapped, PI Kit 100% E85, Jb4 PI integration, Stage 2 Pure Turbos 25.6psi, 17.2 deg timing, TFT inlets, Stage 3 Fuel-it Fpr, FBO, 431rwkw Mainline Dyno Aus

25.0 psi, s55 ign e85 Bef, E70, M4 plugs gapped 0.020”, stock everything else, 374.9 rwkw Mainline Dyno Aus
(#17)
Old

Car: 2016 F25 X4 M40i (N55)
Default 09-07-2018, 10:11 AM

Would be good to also see what it does on Map4 (E85 BEF) correct ?

F80 ZCP DCT Tune Only | BM3 Custom F80Paul E85 100-200 5.9s, 60-130mph 6.78s "Tune Only World Record"
-HCP E60 60-130 7.3
-HCP E40 60-130mph 7.6s
-BM3 E30 OTS 60-130mph 7.85ss
[ Pending: CTS Turbo D.P/CP/HE/Midpipe
WR X4 M40i CTSTurbo D.P/FMIC BM3 STG2 93 4.19s 0-60 | 12.4@109mph 1/4 m

$ECA $XRP $XLM $TRX $ADA
(#18)
Old

Default 09-07-2018, 10:49 AM

I just updated my jb4 firmware to the newest one but still have the original E85 BEF from last late July. Car feels 10x better (much smoother and less jerky). Trims looks great and I was actually getting more timing up top than before the firmware update.

Looking forward to loading the “fast” flash!
(#19)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 09-07-2018, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by corbs09
I just updated my jb4 firmware to the newest one but still have the original E85 BEF from last late July. Car feels 10x better (much smoother and less jerky). Trims looks great and I was actually getting more timing up top than before the firmware update.

Looking forward to loading the “fast” flash!
I agree, car is awesome!

Burger Motorsports

(#20)
Old

Default 09-08-2018, 06:14 AM

Quote:
Hi Terry, I’ve sent u an email requesting for the new bef😀