N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: 2011 335xi E92
Default Error code 2C5830 from JB4 reading - 04-21-2020, 05:24 PM

Hello there,
I can't seem to find this code what it is, I just finished fixing a bunch of other errors due to a rat chewed wire. Cleared the codes and this is the only thing that JB4 is showing left

"2C5830 No Description Found"

Car seems to run pretty well, however need to look up how to use the JB4 again as it's been a few years the car sat for.

Thanks for any help. I'll connect up my barvariantech took this week if I still can't figure it out and see if it shows anything else.

(#2)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: E92 335XI
Default 04-22-2020, 12:15 PM

If you clear the code- does it return?

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#3)
Old

Default 04-22-2020, 12:17 PM

Hello Dave,
It does, I tried to clear it twice and it kept coming back up.
Now that was while it was running and didn't restart it during that time if that might help.
(#4)
Old

Default 04-23-2020, 07:53 AM

Restarted the car after clearing code and this one keeps coming up for me.
(#5)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 04-23-2020, 12:11 PM

If it’s not messing performance I’m inclined to say ignore

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#6)
Old

Default 04-23-2020, 12:20 PM

Sadly the engine error comes up with reduced power. The car just doesn't seem to be running the way it used to.
Before I fixed a broken wire I'd guess the car ran like it had 100HP, now it feels like it's running at around 150-200HP but nothing like it used to have 2 years ago before it sat.

This is the only error code that seems to come up now.
I'll hook up my Barvarian tech up to it today and see if any more codes show up.
(#7)
Old

Car: 2013 E92 335i xDrive
Default 04-23-2020, 02:09 PM

Can you upload a log?

2013 E92 335i XDrive
JB4, MHD E85 BEF, EOS PI, Fuel-it Stage 2 LPFP, XHP Stage 3, XDelete Sport, 3.5 Bar TMAP, VRSF 7 HD IC, GFB DV+, VRSF D/P, VRSF CP, PE Mod, ST V1 Suspension.
(#8)
Old

Default 04-23-2020, 02:12 PM

Hooked up my bavarian technic to it this afternoon and looks like I got the following error that could explain some issues.

300C Inlet-Camshaft sensor, signal high error will cause a warning light

2C58 Charge-air pressure control deactivation, charge air pressure buildup disabled will not cause a light

2C8A Bypass blow-off valve activation open circuit will not cause warning light.

Guessing it is most likely the inlet camshaft sensor error.
(#9)
Old

Default 05-26-2020, 06:27 PM

Still getting these three error codes.

300C Inlet-Camshaft sensor, signal high error will cause a warning light

2C58 Charge-air pressure control deactivation, charge air pressure buildup disabled will not cause a light

2C8A Bypass blow-off valve activation open circuit will not cause warning light.

I've tried everything I can think of for the 300C error code.
I've replaced the camshaft sensor, this didn't fix the issue. so I replaced both vanos sensors and still same error.
Any suggestions?
(#10)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 05-27-2020, 06:58 AM

Log?

Burger Motorsports

(#11)
Old

Default 05-27-2020, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave @ BMS/Fuel-It!
Log?
Don't believe I have a log of it I'll check my phone and see if JB4 saved anything.

I had it hooked up to my laptop with Bavaria tech.
(#12)
Old

Default 05-27-2020, 10:01 AM

I've attached one of the logs here.
Attached Files
File Type: csv 20200526_1808_runs(3).csv (13.9 KB, 50 views)
(#13)
Old

Car: 2011 BMW e92 n55
Default 06-01-2020, 02:01 PM

Boost pressure solenoid.
(#14)
Old

Default 07-21-2020, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sicknick530
Boost pressure solenoid.
Thanks,
Do you think that this is causing the other error about the sensors?
"300C Inlet-Camshaft sensor, signal high error will cause a warning light"

Time to look at the boost pressure solenoid how to's
(#15)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 07-23-2020, 05:24 AM

Need a better log

Burger Motorsports

(#16)
Old

Default 08-03-2020, 10:11 AM

Thanks,
I've taken two logs today on this and attached them here.

Thanks again!
Attached Files
File Type: csv P8_M1_R1_200803_0956.csv (156.3 KB, 29 views)
File Type: csv P8_M1_R1_200803_100136.csv (196.7 KB, 27 views)
(#17)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 08-03-2020, 05:32 PM

Can’t view the files, can you trim the dead cells ?

Burger Motorsports

(#18)
Old

Default 08-03-2020, 05:38 PM

Not sure if the dead cells are at the end of it or not removed all the ones with 0's at the end. Hopefully that did the trick.
Helps to upload it.
Attached Files
File Type: csv P8_M1_R1_200803_0956.csv (87.3 KB, 26 views)
(#19)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 08-05-2020, 08:51 AM

Hey Jake,

I need a better log.

2k to redline, WOT, traction off fully off in 3rd.

Burger Motorsports

(#20)
Old

Default 08-05-2020, 10:02 AM

Thanks, I'll see if I can snag one like that tried today but hit traffic and the log seemed to show 2-3k then 3-4.6k
Feels like the car just isn't hitting any boost like it normally used to. Feels like non turbo
(#21)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 08-05-2020, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Jake
Thanks, I'll see if I can snag one like that tried today but hit traffic and the log seemed to show 2-3k then 3-4.6k
Feels like the car just isn't hitting any boost like it normally used to. Feels like non turbo
Will get ya fixed

Just log when you get enough space free

Burger Motorsports