N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#326)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 10-07-2020, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham
Hi, new to the forum, apologies for hijacking the current chat subject.

Is there a JB4 map to support WMI on Alfa Romeo Giulia 2.0L?

Burger motor sport advertise a universal WMI kit for use on the Giulia. This kit is compatible to be regulated by the JB4 module.

I understand the WMI maps are application specific. So want to ensure the Giulia has a supporting map before making the purchase of the WMI kit.
I believe it has a specific map, if not Terry can make a firmware for it.

For the Giulia, you will have to drill and tap into your stock parts unless a company has made a chargepipe system with a methanol bung.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#327)
Old

Car: 2019 Alfa Romeo Giulia 2.0L
Smile Map 6 Dial In? - 10-17-2020, 06:11 PM

A buddy of mine with a JB4 on his GTI said he worked with Jeorge at Burger Tuning to dial in his MAP 6 on his GTI. I was just curious is there's anyone at Burger who can help me dial in MAP 6 on my 2019 Giulia.

Car:
2019 Alfa Romeo Giulia (rwd)

Mods:
JB4 + Mobile Connectivity Kit
GFB Diverter Valve
BMS Performance Intake

Fuel:
93oct + 3 gal E85 (Should be about E30)

Best Regards,
Matthew Oswald

p.s. Map 3 works amazing. Hits hard. I love it. Taking it out to the track tomorrow morning. Gonna grab some 1/4 runs. Will post results here.
(#328)
Old

Talking Track Day - 1/4 drag strip - 10-19-2020, 06:52 AM

Had a blast at the track. It surprised a lot of people. Hope this info helps someone.

Overall: Very pleased with its performance, and I was surprised it ran mid 13s all day long.

Track: Little River Dragway
Elevation: 720'
Ambient Temp: 73-75F

Best Times:
60ft: 2.1sec
330ft: 5.8sec
1/8: 8.8sec @ 82mph
1/4: 13.48sec @ 105mph
Note: It ran four 13.5s, three 13.6s, and one 13.48. Overall it seemed to be really happy at around 13.5. Could have inflated the front tires a bit more, but I wanted to run it how I drive it normally. Fronts were 32psi, rears were 37psi.

Car: 2019 Alfa Romeo Giulia (RWD)
Trans: Auto
Mods: BMS Performance Intake, JB4, GFB Diverter Valve, SGW Bypass
Fuel: E30
Traction Control: Fully Enabled (I've installed and configured the RDNA since then, but I didn't have it for track day so all runs were with Traction Control)

JB4 Info:
Version: It's the latest version, rev 5.
Map: 2

Issues:
1. On the first run I tried to run MAP 3 but it threw the car into limp mode at round 90mph. Triggered a crazy amount of codes. It was so bad I couldn't even clear all the codes from the JB4 app. I ended up having to plug in my laptop and use Multiecuscan to scan all the modules and clear all the codes. Switched to map 2 for the remainder of the day. I had been running map 3 with no issues for weeks, but I had never taken it that fast on map 3. I have the logs for that run on my phone I'll post that log here later today so we can see what happened.
2. Intake temps were just incredibly high for being in the low 70s outside. I parked the car, hood open, for about 15 min. Took it for a run down the track with intake temps of 157F. Then decided to go for a second run just to see what would happen to the IATs, and it hit 227F. Are those intake temps normal? It was extremely noticeable, significantly less power. Would going back to the box intake with a high flow filter help with that or is that just a consequence of where the intake is located?

Last edited by mac10190; 10-19-2020 at 06:53 AM.. Reason: punctuation lol
(#329)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-19-2020, 02:01 PM

Decent times! Codes sound like misfires.

IAT is read pre-intercooler on the platform currently so not entirely the same as charge air temp.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#330)
Old

Icon1 Track Day - Log - Map 3 (knock/limp mode)? - 10-20-2020, 01:47 PM

Here's the log for when I ran map 3 at the track. Looks like it made it to around 100mph before it started having issues. But just looking at the logs it certainly resembles limp mode. You can see it right there around 100-101 where boost takes a steep dive and immediately after it pulled throttle back to 50%.

Is there someway to log knock?

I was able to clear enough of the codes from the JB4 app to get it running again and out of limp mode or whatever mode it ended up in. But it had some other lights on about start/stop being disabled, and a few others. When I pulled it up in Multiecuscan it had a couple engine codes and one trans code. I cleared them and all the lights went off.

Ran the rest of the day in Map 2 without issue.

If there's some way to log knock, I might take it out and try to trigger the event again and see if I can find out exactly what caused it.

Best Regards,
Matthew O.
Attached Files
File Type: csv P29_M3_R1_201018_083900.csv (13.8 KB, 9 views)
(#331)
Old

Default 10-21-2020, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac10190
Here's the log for when I ran map 3 at the track. Looks like it made it to around 100mph before it started having issues. But just looking at the logs it certainly resembles limp mode. You can see it right there around 100-101 where boost takes a steep dive and immediately after it pulled throttle back to 50%.

I was able to clear enough of the codes from the JB4 app to get it running again and out of limp mode or whatever mode it ended up in. But it had some other lights on about start/stop being disabled, and a few others. When I pulled it up in Multiecuscan it had a couple engine codes and one trans code. I cleared them and all the lights went off.

If there's some way to log knock, I might take it out and try to trigger the event again and see if I can find out exactly what caused it.

Best Regards,
Matthew O.
Knk is ign2 - ign 6. You had none. Im sure you triggered underboost causing limp. Use map 2.
(#332)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-22-2020, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac10190

Best Regards,
Matthew O.
The run looks fine until the ECU goes to limp mode. The fault codes would tell you why it went to limp mode, so we'd want those codes and descriptions. Might be as simple as an "underboost" fault code on the higher map.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!